Player Watch #12: Jy Simpkin - 2021 & 2022 Syd Barker Medalist - 2023 co captain with LMac - re-signed until end of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

You were surprised an indigenous kid from Shep goes hard?

tumblr_mw2ca2n0Pe1r93xiko1_500.gif

Richmond's only three promising kids now its past three nominees. Amazing scenes.

Oh well, another "promising young talent" that will be looking for a way out, when Richmond over-extend their salary cap keeping Dusty.

I doubt it AGC as Jason and his entire family have supported the Tigers their whole lives. He'd play for nothing.

As for Jy, the press has had nothing but good things to say about him this year, including many who raised his poise and class in the final 10 minute fight to hold off and beat the GoDees against the hurricane.

Is ok to get a Jy or LMac undercut in your 40's ?

I'm kind of gonna get one.

But my hair is two feet long and I don't want to cut it all over summer. So its not really one of theirs. More one on the run from 1992.

Is ok to get a Jy or LMac undercut in your 40's ?
You'd either look like a bit of a bogan or a flog.....which they half look like already with that style :) (I say half because they are North supporters.....for example Naismith is a full bogan)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm kind of gonna get one.

But my hair is two feet long and I don't want to cut it all over summer. So its not really one of theirs. More one on the run from 1992.

Yeah. Had a undercut in the 90's. If we got Dusty might go the neck tatt & haircut :)

Offered us nothing today....I thought it appeared he was uninterested. Cue in the rack stuff I thought. Disapointed
Not an issue for mine. Just seemed to be a touch off the ball bouncing his way and his man getting the better of him.

Not an issue for mine. Just seemed to be a touch off the ball bouncing his way and his man getting the better of him.
Spot on.

I actually thought exactly the same thing as the game unfolded, he kept getting bad bounces and fairy floss handball receives that put him under immediate pressure.

Just one of those games that would've left him very, very frustrated.

Didn't look up to speed with the game seemed slow .

Unless it was another player, I saw some incredible hands from him in the match. freakish stuff in the third i think - i'll see if I can find it.

I dont have a problem with him getting beaten by his direct opponent.......but endevour and effort are non-negotiables which I didnt see today. I would imagine the feedback post game would say this.......cannot reward that attitude. I'd rather watch Williams be ragdolled because he is having a crack. Its needs to be drummed into him to show his best foot forward always....regardless of place on the ladder.

These times now are perfect to raise the standard and say no, lift your game.

Just seemed like he couldn't get near it, even when he had Carlise lining up on him.

He may end up being good (I think he has the smarts to be a great small forward) but at the moment seems like a extremely poor man's Cyril.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back