Player Watch #16 - Bailey Laurie - Pick 22

Remove this Banner Ad

should count himself very lucky.

Has Jefferson signed yet? he needs to get going to. Isn't even performing at vfl level yet but I did say I'd give him 2 years to develop first.

should count himself very lucky.

Has Jefferson signed yet? he needs to get going to. Isn't even performing at vfl level yet but I did say I'd give him 2 years to develop first.

Re-signed last year, so is contracted until end of 2026.

Apparently the club have accepted he's a long term project, I'm VERY unconvinced by him given his lack of mongrel.

Re-signed last year, so is contracted until end of 2026.

Apparently the club have accepted he's a long term project, I'm VERY unconvinced by him given his lack of mongrel.

I’m assuming you’re taking about Jefferson. The one time we didn’t value competitiveness when drafting a guy under Taylor and geez it already looks grim.

I’m assuming you’re taking about Jefferson. The one time we didn’t value competitiveness when drafting a guy under Taylor and geez it already looks grim.

Yep, sorry, was replying to someone you might not see....

I can accept the longer term development piece, but that competitiveness, it's either there or it isn't IMO. Other parts of the game can be improved, but if that's not there I think the improvement is limited.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The second time we drafted a key forward who's soft as baby s**t you mean.

Locking him in at what I would expect is a super cheap price that wouldn’t be much more than a draftee. Eliminates a distraction at the pointy end of contract signings.

Already invested four per-seasons into him and if he was moved on he’d be replaced by pick 76 or whatever.

Others won’t agree but I reckon he’s at AFL level depth competency and replaced your Harmeses and Jordons of the world.

Locking him in at what I would expect is a super cheap price that wouldn’t be much more than a draftee. Eliminates a distraction at the pointy end of contract signings.

Already invested four per-seasons into him and if he was moved on he’d be replaced by pick 76 or whatever.

Others won’t agree but I reckon he’s at AFL level depth competency and replaced your Harmeses and Jordons of the world.
I hated Jordon and he's better than Laurie. We've had this out before so I won't again but this is mind blowing.

I'm kinda inclined to agree I haven't seen much to warrant an extension. Club must see something though

That all said I was thinking we'd made * all progress with Chandler four years in so maybe i should be patient for another year, with Laurie three years in. That said he'd certainly want to be pushing for and justifying regular selection next year, otherwise he'll be out of the system at the conclusion of 2026 unless he hail mary saves it that late

Remove this Banner Ad

Back