Player Watch #16: Zac Fisher

Remove this Banner Ad

Fisher and Stephens looking like our best pickups since Higgins and Dal Santo - except, much younger.
Everytime someone mentions Fisher and Stephens (in that order) I think of this guy.

1709449283970.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cracking game from Zac. We’ve gone from absolute zero drive and creativity off half back to having a fleet of guys able to do it. The beauty of that is it won’t be easy for the opposition to negate with a defensive forward. Gee it’s nice to watch too.
Yep. You can see the difference out of the backline already. Sheezel is obvious but Goater, even Dawson as a replacement for McKay attacks much more decisively and it completely changes how easy it is for opposing teams to lock us down. A year ago we could barely get it past the centre circle for long periods.

Yep. You can see the difference out of the backline already. Sheezel is obvious but Goater, even Dawson as a replacement for McKay attacks much more decisively and it completely changes how easy it is for opposing teams to lock us down. A year ago we could barely get it past the centre circle for long periods.
I’m actually loving our developing backline (despite it being so inexperienced). KDawson for me is a game changer. Someone who can take the 2nd/3rd forward, do some intercepting and provide some drive out of the back half at 196cm could be invaluable.

Really surprised how good he has been.

Fascinating how predetermined all this has looked. It’s like he was their guy from day one. You don’t get that much ball unless it has been hardwired into the game plan.

Still think his defending will hurt us at times.

Happy to say he surprised me yesterday and was BOG by far for mine.
Used it well, didn't stop running and he has great hands too.
I never saw any of this s**t at Carlton.

More games like yesterday please.

Happy to say he surprised me yesterday and was BOG by far for mine.
Used it well, didn't stop running and he has great hands too.
I never saw any of this s**t at Carlton.

More games like yesterday please.
He played a lot like your mate Saad yesterday. Maybe actually better overhead but not as reliable week to week accumulation wise (yet).

He played a lot like your mate Saad yesterday. Maybe actually better overhead but not as reliable week to week accumulation wise (yet).
Consistency is the key.
If he's backed in to play in the same position then that might be the making of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back