Player Watch #16: Zac Fisher

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't he have game high 9 turnovers? Dropped marks too

Had a absolute junk game, you're crazy
He was ******* putrid and along with Corr was one of the big reasons GWS were scoring at will. Corr couldn't get near it, and Fisher was delivering the pill lace out GWS defenders all day.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Incredible takes from everyone here having a go at his defending - Not why we recruited him, not where is adds value.

Incredible takes from everyone here having a go at his defending - Not why we recruited him, not where is adds value.
He can't just not defend if he is a defender? Add to that, our designated rebound defender (who doesn't need to defend) had 7 clangers on the weekend.

Why put the ball in his hands when we have Sheez & Kerch in the backline anyway? I couldn't see a spot for him in the 22 to begin with until he swayed me with his practice match form. I should have stuck with my original thoughts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can't just not defend if he is a defender? Add to that, our designated rebound defender (who doesn't need to defend) had 7 clangers on the weekend.

Why put the ball in his hands when we have Sheez & Kerch in the backline anyway? I couldn't see a spot for him in the 22 to begin with until he swayed me with his practice match form. I should have stuck with my original thoughts.
He's there for his run, to break the lines which is something we've sorely lacked. But he's too short to play back. He's 175cm - can't think of another small defender in the comp as short as he is. Maybe Richmond's Baker.

He should be given a chance forward which is where he's played 90% of his footy.

Noticed at the ground, there were several times he kicked off balance. And he turned it over every time.
A case of searching for his left?

He has shown that he can use the ball well and accumulate. Needs continuity in a new team. He won't 'gel' instantly.
He doesn't have half the ceiling of McKercher and Sheezel, I'll tell you that for free. We need to be careful how we use him. He can be a good player but it's a narrow passage of opportunity that, when strayed from, results in the sort of crap he served up on the weekend

Either way, not sure he can stay back - his match up is likely to go the goal square or deepest and likely to be able to out mark him. I like him but the opposition will be all over it.
And that will happen with a defensive unit still gelling. You’d expect someone like Kal Dawson who has some serious wheels to eventually come in and cut it off or spoil.

Exactly not his job. However, his job is to distribute and run and he was very poor at that. Didn’t show what he did in the practice games. Nervs? Pressure?
He wasn't the only one who didn't show what we saw in the practice games. The whole side was guilty of that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back