Delisted #17: James Stewart - Will be delisted despite having a year on his contract - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott will be absolutely licking his lips at the thought of bringing in a 29 year old.

It’s time to drop a few kids and give the older guys a chance

Scott will be absolutely licking his lips at the thought of bringing in a 29 year old.

It’s time to drop a few kids and give the older guys a chance
Like he did with Davey this week :p

when fit, he's been an average forward, and a below average defender, capable of terrible brain fart moments.

he's had the best part of 2 years in rehab. that's not going to get better. i don't mind giving him a game or two this year if he's actually fit, but wouldn't ben surprised if he was delisted.

when fit, he's been an average forward, and a below average defender, capable of terrible brain fart moments.

he's had the best part of 2 years in rehab. that's not going to get better. i don't mind giving him a game or two this year if he's actually fit, but wouldn't ben surprised if he was delisted.

He won't be delisted as he has a contract for next season and clearly wants to play.

Reckon he was pretty decent fwd for us before the injury curse struck. He's a big strong unit with a fully developed physique, and has decent athleticism and some contested marking prowess. We have no-one else close to that on our list. Reckon he'd pair well with Wright/Langford in the fwd line, would love to see him stay on the park for while and get a half decent run at it.

But please, keep him well away from the backline. He is simply not a defender. Loses his man far too often and ends up grabbing on to him to make up for it and gives away free kicks for goal as a result. Also has a massive tendency for brain fades. You can get away with that in the fwd line but they equate directly to goals against in the backline.

Bring back Come forward the Stuz!

The big Stuz is under rated and over powered. With one game back in the reserves under his belt they have put him on ice this week and Brad Scott should plonk him straight into the seniors next week at center half forward....Comon Stuz man!

Adductor strain in first VFL game back from injury, 1 week

Defender James Stewart has been ruled out of selection for at least one week after suffering an adductor strain in the Bombers’ VFL clash with Southport.

Bloke can’t take a trick. Is a good player to have in theory but if he can’t get on the park he’s not helpful as an injury backup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely pay him our. How he got a 2 year deal I’ll never know.
Eh GIF by Dodo Australia

Delisted with a year to run on his contract.

At the risk of a stupid question - who decides on length of contract etc? Is this predominantly driven by Dodoro do we think? I must say, was quite shocked he was offered 2 years given his injury record etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back