Player Watch #17: Riley 'Stiffy' Hardeman - set to debut vs Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry mate, I was welding UB’s all day. Didn’t watch one minute.. how did you see his game? I received a phone call in the first quarter saying we wouldn’t hit a target and Jy is still a spud?
I also haven’t watched it yet.

I was ‘in a meeting’ whilst the game was on ⛳

Good first hit out. Looks bigger already and great sign that he had some involvement.
Actually looks like a small defender with a bit of toe, who can lock down and offer a bit going the other way. Obvious successor to L Mac in the very long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was very impressed with Riley, great pace and attack on the ball. Will be a player👍👍
Watched a lot of pre season training and match Sim at Latrobe university..he was superb works extremely hard.loves the run and gun.has good pace .marks well especially intercept overhead..his skills are as good as anyones..hard as a cats head..we have one hear.i have no doubt he will make it

Let's say this guy gets to Shaun Atley levels. And I don't mean that facetiously, Shaun had a solid career.

When he's your 5th pick in the draft it doesn't matter if you end up with a Shaun Atley type of best 22 player. It's when your hopes for a star are pinned to a sole early pick circa #18 that it becomes a problem.

Let's say this guy gets to Shaun Atley levels. And I don't mean that facetiously, Shaun had a solid career.

When he's your 5th pick in the draft it doesn't matter if you end up with a Shaun Atley type of best 22 player. It's when your hopes for a star are pinned to a sole early pick circa #18 that it becomes a problem.

You should be permabanned for this

You should be permabanned for this
Ha possibly.

If Shaun had been drafted late with expectations of being a team oriented defender his career would've been applauded.

Instead North BF's finest ran with the Next Judd meme and saddled him forever more with unrealistic expectations.

Ha possibly.

If Shaun had been drafted late with expectations of being a team oriented defender nobody his career would've been applauded.

Instead North BF's finest ran with the Next Judd meme and saddled him forever more with unrealistic expectations.
Lol if Shaun was traded to the hawks early on, I wonder what he’s career would’ve looked like.

Lol if Shaun was traded to the hawks early on, I wonder what he’s career would’ve looked like.
I've said similar, swap around Shaun Atley and Isaac Smith and Shaun would have a cupboard of Norm Smiths and Isaac would be flipping burgers with Cameron Richardson.

We had no natural replacement for Ats plus we booted Frog who could actually defend then Tazz left
So that was 3
Now Jz and Buckets gone
Throw in Hall Perez Bonar young or out I should say

The turnover of players in our defence is just absolutely incredible
In a bad way

To be fair we were all just going through the motions as the ultimate premature ejaculation coaching era of Rhyce Shaw came to a close.
Ah those heady days of flogging Collingwood and Richmond with Shaw as the interim coach. Was the deadest of dead cat bounces.

But Shaw led us to Nobel who led us to Clarko and who knows where we would be if we had won 8-12 games in 2020, further from a premiership capable list i am positive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back