AFL Player #17: Todd Goldstein

Remove this Banner Ad

17 - goldstein.jpg
Contract Status: Out of contract 2024
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 25, Vander18

Welcome aboard, big fella.

Never thought I'd see the day when Todd Goldstein plays for Essendon, but here we are

Last edited by a moderator:
i think the fact that he's been playing since 2006 should also provide a unique insight into how he's kept his body consistently healthy (at least from what i can tell, playing 315 games regardless is fairly impressive.)

hopefully he's able to provide draper/bryan with some good cooldown/warm down techniques to also

If you look up Todd Goldstein in Brave a dentist in the US tops the search results.

Both funny and fitting.

Last edited:

I want the todd goldstein that rucked against shaun mckernan like 5? Or was it longer years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just listened to a good interview with Jack Ziebell on SEN.
When asked about greatest influences on his career he said Brad Scott had a huge impact on his playing style. He said Brad always encouraged players to get the best out of themselves. Play to their strengths. Really enjoyed 9 years with Brad as coach.
On Todd Goldstein: excellent training discipline. Only missed a small handful of games his whole career.

Just wondering how Goldy is shaping up so far in the pre-season. Came across just to see if there was any news but nothing posted since last November.

In my opinion he still has a bit to offer, although I thought for the first time ever, towards the end of last season, he was starting to struggle just a little late in games. Obviously your mob will want to see the younger boys prosper ahead of Goldy, however, he could be good value if he is used in tandem with Draper or Bryan, if required.

Just wondering how Goldy is shaping up so far in the pre-season. Came across just to see if there was any news but nothing posted since last November.

In my opinion he still has a bit to offer, although I thought for the first time ever, towards the end of last season, he was starting to struggle just a little late in games. Obviously your mob will want to see the younger boys prosper ahead of Goldy, however, he could be good value if he is used in tandem with Draper or Bryan, if required.
i don't follow much of the off season/training stuff too closely but i'd bet he's just plodding along as he'd do at norf.

i'd agree though, he was still serviceable in 2023 and this season will be no different. i think he'll get game time so long as draper isn't a 100% certainty, but even just providing assistance to nick bryan, who's still developing, will be fantastic.

Looks pretty good so far . Fit and playing well in match sim .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back