Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 7, 2005
melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawthorn
Guys

Who here can remember 1999 r22 Richmond v Carlton on a Friday night at the MCG?

It was the night the scoreboard caught fire. The game had to be delayed by about 30 mins or so and people had to evacuate the ponsford stand end before the game started.

I am trying to find footage of the full game, which was won by Richmond, either on vhs or dvd, there is plenty of footage on youtube of the fire itself, but not much footage of the game.

If anyone on here actually has the game itself, then please get in touch, i would love to hear from you

Any assistance is greatly appreciated

thanks

I couldnt go back to watching much of us in that era.

That game was Gieshens last game and he apparently let Knights and Campbell know a few things after the game.

Dont know what that was about but he seemed to feel as if they didnt support him during his time as coach.

I couldnt go back to watching much of us in that era.

That game was Gieshens last game and he apparently let Knights and Campbell know a few things after the game.

Dont know what that was about but he seemed to feel as if they didnt support him during his time as coach.

1980gfvideo

do you have anything at all for the 2000-2001 era on vhs or dvd???

cheers

1980gfvideo

do you have anything at all for the 2000-2001 era on vhs or dvd???

cheers

Hey mate

No i wasn't really seeing too much then that was tape worthy

even that final series we made in 2001 was a little flat for me despite beating Carlton.

Would have been happy to help if I had something. Hope you find something.

Im sure Rhett Bartlett has them all filed somewhere.

What I remember most is that the Ponsford Stand was evacuated and the supporters were directed on to the ground. As soon as they walked out there, everyone else with a footy must have thought, 'Well, may as well have a kick while we're waiting.' and leapt the fence along with thousands of others and had kick to kick for around half an hour. No one seemed all that worried about the fire, the possible loss-of-life, nor the disaster-in-the-making scenario!

Ah yes,back in the days when games were played in delay in the home state. Rhett Bartlett probably has it

Was there in a box with HSun who I worked for at the time. Saw the smoke drift across the ground ran to the window to see it all go down. Had the publisher on the phone as he could see the flames from his office window

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back