Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

Yay had a good game against an average to poor opponent.

I'm not celebrating anything. I was watching him and giggled as at one stage I thought his forearm tattoo had slipped down off his upper arm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s crazy how low the bar is for him now, he definitely was better than the week before, he actually got a kick, but still can’t trust him yet.

Zurhaar has been shitcanned for his game but their numbers were almost identical.

Zurhaar G-1.1, 16 disposals, 5 tackles, 6 score involvements, 14 pressure acts

Stephenson G- 2, 16 disposals, 2 tackles, 6 score involvements, 13 pressure acts

Remember vs eagles r17 2021?

38 touches, 12 contested, 2 contested marks, 9 score involvements, 4 clearances, 547m gained, 2 goal assists and the match winner.

What happened?
Funnily enough it was the game that came to mind for me last week for him as well.

Hard to believe where it's got to for Stevo considering his highs like this game against West Coast a few years ago where he absolutely dominated.

So much natural talent but at this stage it looks like he's on borrowed time at AFL level.

Remember vs eagles r17 2021?

38 touches, 12 contested, 2 contested marks, 9 score involvements, 4 clearances, 547m gained, 2 goal assists and the match winner.

What happened?
He was still running off the fitness from his Collingwood preseasons.

Once he transitioned to relying completely on North Melbourne conditioning we got the modern version.

Sleevo is a confidence player. When we're up, he's up. When we're down, he's down.

That's why he got that amazing performance in 2021. He was in the middle at full confidence whilst the team were absolutely putting it all out there with nothing left. The perfect mix.

Also, the Eagles were utterly useless and still are.

Sleevo is a confidence player. When we're up, he's up. When we're down, he's down.

That's why he got that amazing performance in 2021. He was in the middle at full confidence whilst the team were absolutely putting it all out there with nothing left. The perfect mix.

Also, the Eagles were utterly useless and still are.
pinched a goal from zane :-(

Started well but took me. 10 to go in the last Wardlaw throws his body into two contests, Ball spills while Sleevo spectates like a fan boy on the edge of the contest.
Weak as piss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back