Delisted #20: Jacob Townsend - Not offered a contract for 2021, off to the suns as a DFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Learntopray

Senior List
Apr 12, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Thought he was worth a punt, but what does he offer the team? Can't mark, can't lead and doesn't pressure the ball anywhere near enough. He struggles to find the ball, and struggles even more to dispose it when he rarely gets a touch. One dimensional slow plodder.

But at least he looks tough 🤔

foj1

Premiership Player
Oct 25, 2005
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
essendon
He is a 6th forward who is a difficult match up as he is good in the air for his size, physical and a pretty reliable kick.
our media department stated he would be a midfielder.
he has often played as A key position forward this year🥵

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
He was one of our few who physically competed.
he wasnt Recruited to play 3rd tall but it is where our genious coaches play him.

Do you think either of the Richmond coaches we now have are using him for a purpose they didn't recruit him for?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

freddy mercury

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
North Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Not that I care about this club much anymore, if at all. It isn't his fault, been poorly played out of position. He is a small forward. Not a lead up forward. He is deserving of another year. Has a crack, unlike the other weak campaigners we have.

Schnitzengruben

Club Legend
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
The least I can say about Townsend is that he has mongrel and applies good hard pressure. He's one that never applies weak as piss tackles like most of our squad. Not his fault he's given too much responsibility and we have a poor forward structure thanks to Dan Jordan's coaching.

I think he has a place on our list going forward, but I wouldn't be upset if we parted ways either.

Remove this Banner Ad