Past 20. Lachie Plowman

Remove this Banner Ad

We are far too hard on Plowman. Gets a tough gig each week but never gives up. For me he is our Dylan Grimes.
Are we too hard on him? I don't think so. He's had some absolute stinkers this year.

This week wasn't one of them. He was good today.

De Goey took a mark while holding Plowman off with a fistful of jumper to get his first goal, he was also dragged to the ground to allow another goal through that his opponent touched, no review.

If Plowman did the same thing to his opponent, every umpire on the field would be calling the free kick for the forward. For some reason, he gets little love from the umpires either.

3rd place in our best and fairest tonight.

The club and coaches really value the sacrifices he makes and the roles he plays onfield.

Has copped a lot on social media this year and it is clear he's been a bit of a scapegoat.

More love for Plow? Not possible for me. He's a gem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s second half of the season was enough to quell the whips, but I’m amazed at this outcome.

He’s not in my best 22 when everyone is fit and if you disagree who out of the below makes way?

Simpson Jones Docherty
Marchbank Weitering Williamson/Newman

He’s second half of the season was enough to quell the whips, but I’m amazed at this outcome.

He’s not in my best 22 when everyone is fit and if you disagree who out of the below makes way?

Simpson Jones Docherty

Ahead of Newman and Williamson at this stage. More reliable than Marchbank and plays a different role.

He's a medium lock down player who can handle the last line.

He also looks way better when Doc is playing, much like when Duigan and Laidler used to support each other.

Simmo is more likely to be competing with Willo as his legs grow weary.

Simpson Jones Docherty
No one has to make way, Plowman is already in the side.

Up to you to make the case for someone to replace him.

3rd place in our best and fairest tonight.

The club and coaches really value the sacrifices he makes and the roles he plays onfield.

Has copped a lot on social media this year and it is clear he's been a bit of a scapegoat.

More love for Plow? Not possible for me. He's a gem.
Reading some of the melts on other social media platforms today gives a good idea of the number of Carlton supporters who have no idea what is going on during a game of footy.

No one has to make way, Plowman is already in the side.

Up to you to make the case for someone to replace him.

Ok

Doc is our captain and an AA he comes in, Plowman out

Ahead of Newman and Williamson at this stage. More reliable than Marchbank and plays a different role.

He's a medium lock down player who can handle the last line.

He also looks way better when Doc is playing, much like when Duigan and Laidler used to support each other.

Simmo is more likely to be competing with Willo as his legs grow weary.

There was footage of Stephenson, Degoey and Miochek analysing their forward structure in a game v Carlton

They were laughing about plowmans lack of speed and that he plowman kept getting switched off them.

Willo will be a gun I’ve seen enough, he has it, plus his kicking is going to be a real asset, only Weitering and Newman are good kicks in our backline now that Simmo can’t get the distance he used to.

Plus there’s no way you don’t play one of Weitering Jones or Marchbank when they are fit

Plowman is a solid citizen who plays the team role, but the only thing I think he’s really elite at is his strength in the contest and protecting the ball drop.

Last edited:
There was footage of Stephenson, Degoey and Miochek analysing their forward structure in a game v Carlton

They we laughing about plowmans lack of speed and he plowman kept getting switched off them.

Willo will be a gun I’ve seen enough, he has it, plus his kicking is going to be a real asset, only Weitering and Newman are good kicks in our backline now that Simmo can’t get the distance he used to.

Plus there’s no way you don’t play one of Weitering Jones or Marchbank when they are fit

Plowman is a solid citizen who plays the team role, but the only thing I think he’s really elite at is his strength in the contest and protecting the ball drop.

Willo might have it but 2 games in 2 years and less than 20 overall, has him starting behind Plowman.

This footage ... was there audio? Was it a post match analysis from these players?

Either way, I'll go with the coaches who valued his season more than you did.

Ok

Doc is our captain and an AA he comes in, Plowman out
Doc is in.

Doc can’t play on both Charlie Cameron and Jack Darling types so doesn’t replace Plowman.

Willo might have it but 2 games in 2 years and less than 20 overall, has him starting behind Plowman.

This footage ... was there audio? Was it a post match analysis from these players?

Either way, I'll go with the coaches who valued his season more than you did.

The coach who got sacked?

Even Plowman said he was surprised to be there, so surely you can’t mock supporters who are also surprised?

The only way Plowman doesn’t play some VFL next year is if we have a lot of injuries. I’ll bet a 6 pack on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back