5 bengals
4 steelers
3 falcons
2 texans
1 browns

Re: Costly Dartboard misses

marcuz said:
4 - Tampa Bay....love the tampa D

fast losing faith in this team. Won't make play-offs and definately won't win SB >> fact: no team that has lost to NYJ, has gone on to win SB.

another Sin Bin team : MIAMI ! do the same ol' sh** every flippin' year. can't believe I fell for the same 'on form' evaluation, should know this by know !!

And what a turn-around for your 'Boys eh Marcuz ??? Seems the East is WIDE open again.

Re: Costly Dartboard misses

Woodson said:
And what a turn-around for your 'Boys eh Marcuz ??? Seems the East is WIDE open again.

If we beat thye giants next week then it could get real interesting. The D came up huge today and all those new guys on D especially the rookies are showing a fair bit.

Drew Bledsoe is in Pro Bowl form at the minute. If we give him time in the pocket then we will be very dangerous due to his big arm.

Re: Tipping comp week 5

I always thought Dallas would put up heaps of yards against the Eagles D.

The Dallas defense surprised me though - they're a very good unit when they turn up to play.

Please nobody mention the Saints . . . that was as bad as it gets.

The NFC South is full of Jeckle&Hyde teams. Tampa Bay, Carolina and to a lesser extent Atlanta, will burn you just when you think you've got a handle on them. The Saints though . . . oh dear. :(

Another injury in our offense and still only one and a half games from top spot in our division. Being in such a weak division, we can still win our division. Saints were also unlucky to lose duece to injury as well

Re: Fickle NFL fans

JeffDunne said:
The NFC South is full of Jeckle&Hyde teams. Tampa Bay, Carolina and to a lesser extent Atlanta, will burn you just when you think you've got a handle on them.

Most teams are Dr Jeckle/Mr Hyde teams these days JD. Even supporters for that matter >>>hmmm, you've seemed to have jumped off the Steelers bandwagon already JD ?? :D. What's the deal with that ?

balmainforever said:
Another injury in our offense and still only one and a half games from top spot in our division. Being in such a weak division, we can still win our division.

Damn right. That Cleveland 8-8 season when they won the AFC Central div in the 80's and Denver had 11-5 season yet missed out !! is highly possible to come to the NFC this season. A 7-9 record can very well clinch it. Go Brett.

Re: Fickle NFL fans

Woodson said:
Most teams are Dr Jeckle/Mr Hyde teams these days JD. Even supporters for that matter >>>hmmm, you've seemed to have jumped off the Steelers bandwagon already JD ?? :D. What's the deal with that ?
Not at all Woodson - I think tomorrow we'll see two of the three best teams in football going at it. San Diego are an impressive unit and I'll think they'll take the points at home. Reverse the home ground advantage and I'd reverse my pick.

IMO Steelers, Chargers and Indy are the only teams capable of winning it this year. The Pat's are always an outside chance but no other in the AFC looks like they are ready.

The NFC champ will probably come from the NFC East, Atlanta an outside chance if they can get the offense and defense to turn up in the same game. Doesn't matter though, none will get close to the best from the AFC.

The only concern on your boys is the RB position. Parker's been pretty good but I doubt he's ready to take a season of pounding like the Steelers game demands. If the Bus can step back in and perform like last season, Parker's burst may then be a major weapon come the playoffs. Staley's always an option but he really needs a lot of carries to be effective. Nothing to be too concerned about they need to bed it down before we get too deep into the season.

Re: Steelers 24-22

JeffDunne said:
I think tomorrow we'll see two of the three best teams in football going at it. San Diego are an impressive unit and I'll think they'll take the points at home.

Impressive but that 2 pt conversion will forever scar them.

That's five zip :p vs Chargers since that 1994 Conf Championship the Chargers snuffed us in ... GO STEELERS !!!

Hope Ben is ok. :(

I agree with most of your analysis JD but don't overlook the Panthers either.

Woodson said:
Impressive but that 2 pt conversion will forever scar them.

That's five zip :p vs Chargers since that 1994 Conf Championship the Chargers snuffed us in ... GO STEELERS !!!

Hope Ben is ok. :(

I agree with most of your analysis JD but don't overlook the Panthers either.
Fantastic performance by the boys Woodson, that defense is down right nasty.

The Chargers have a habit of shooting themselves in the foot, but really they were probably lucky to still be in it at the end. Some very generous calls from the officials, namely the muffed punt return (albeit probably a correct call), helped them dodge a bullet.

Parker for once let me down in my fantasy team . . . but it was great to see the Bus back in action.

JeffDunne said:
Fantastic performance by the boys Woodson, that defense is down right nasty.

The Chargers have a habit of shooting themselves in the foot, but really they were probably lucky to still be in it at the end. Some very generous calls from the officials, namely the muffed punt return (albeit probably a correct call), helped them dodge a bullet.

Parker for once let me down in my fantasy team . . . but it was great to see the Bus back in action.

I only had the net to follow the game with sms comments from Balmainforever chippin' in with added purpose. I got word that the Chargers O-Line were very safe and don' a heck of a job. Now that you've come out and said that the Chargers were lucky, makes me think how really peeved I would of been had I been watching it. The long pass to Ward in the endzone was REVERSED ?? man, I was blowing HOT AIR , let me tell you !! :mad:

What actually happened ?

wish I had someone I knew that could get a copy of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The pass to Ward was judged down by contact. Very suspect call IMO but you still managed a TD on that drive - Big Ben run. Just on that, who does Ben think he is - Michael Vick? Really the kid doesn't need to encourage shots like that. He may be a big loss in the coming weeks. :(

The call that kept the Chargers in the game was the muffed punt return. The Chargers returner (what's his name) got under the ball and while trying to backup, signalled fair catch and the ball bounced off his chest. The Steeler (what's his name II) then caught the ball before it hit the ground. It was overturned based on the ruling that the returner hadn't been given the opportunity to complete the catch. Given he was running/falling backwards, and the ball bounced forward off his chest, he had Buckley's chance of completing the catch. Technically the call was right, but as Madden said at the time, it's a rule they need to look at.

The Steelers "D" was fantastic - back to their best. Haggans' replacement Harrison was fanatstic, picking up the Steeler "D" ethos of creating plays in their own right. His hurdle of Tomlinson after the interception a highlight.

They better be good in the coming weeks, and the running game, because I have a feeling you might be without your QB and his backup against the Jags.

Re: BIG BEN is ok

Roethlisberger has MRI, results are in
Tuesday, October 11, 2005

By Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had an MRI on his knee on Tuesday morning after the team returned from San Diego and the results were the same as what the team heard following the game.

Roethlisberger has a hyperextended knee and a bone bruise and has not been ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Jacksonville Jaguars at Heinz Field.

“We’ll see how the week progresses,” said head coach Bill Cowher. “I think we all have a deep sigh of relief in regards to the prognosis.”

Roethlisberger suffered the injury in the final minute the 24-22 win over the Chargers. Charlie Batch came in and handed the ball off for the final few plays, before Jeff Reed sealed the win with a field goal.

Batch could be called upon again this week, depending on how the injuries to Roethlisberger and back-up Tommy Maddox progress this week.

“Based on the information I have right now, Charlie Batch is the starter by default until I see more.”

Maddox suffered a calf injury in practice on Friday and did not make the trip to San Diego. Maddox was at the team’s practice facility on Tuesday morning, and his prognosis seems better than expected as well.

“When he got injured on Friday we thought it was a lot like Jerome (Bettis) in terms of the extent of it,” said Cowher. Tommy came in this morning and felt pretty good. I think he is going practice tomorrow. There is a good chance he will be available this week as well.

“The dire situation we thought coming in this morning doesn’t appear that right now.”

The Steelers do not plan any major roster moves at this time based on the injuries, but will add former Pitt quarterback Rod Rutherford to their practice squad.

The other injury from Monday night’s game in San Diego was to cornerback Ricardo Colclough. Colclough suffered a shoulder injury and will miss Sunday’s game against Jacksonville.

So that's the lowdown. Phew!!.... Excellent NEWS considering players of other great teams are sidelined with more drastic season ending injuries which puts a real spanner in the works. Thanx for the explaination JD. Very much appreciated.

“Based on the information I have right now, Charlie Batch is the starter by default until I see more.”
:(

Although the Jags don't have a great run-defense, if Batch starts it'll make their job much, much easier.

I think I might keep Parker in my fantasy team for at least another week. ;)

JeffDunne said:
:(

Although the Jags don't have a great run-defense, if Batch starts it'll make their job much, much easier.

I think I might keep Parker in my fantasy team for at least another week. ;)

Having checked out the Cin/Jax stats, Cinci still got 132 rushing yards.
Let the Jags crowd the BOX. Cowher would be rapt.

Charlie Batch threw for a few TD's in the pre-season and can't be underestimated....if so, we've got a few handy recievers that could torch the Jags pass D. Ward will appreciate not being double teamed and the Bus can catch and run also. ;) Parker will be the starter but when the Jags have to decide who to key, him or the Bus, things could work out in our favour with Randle El slick and open.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back