Resource 2010 Geelong finals ticket information and questions - including Grand Final ballot (closed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Geelong finals ticket information and questions - including Grand Final ballot (Thursday)

I'm a Geelong supporter german, and a September Member as well :p I joined the very first year they started it (back when it was called 'The Captains Club')

My brother is a St Kilda member though, and the only guaranteed GF ticket package they have is through the Social Club. Their September package is a ton different to ours (and not in a good way, as I outlined above).

Awesome Krisholio.

Well good luck to us my friend. Hopefully, we score a win on Friday and are set for a seat next week.

Re: Geelong finals ticket information and questions - including Grand Final ballot (Thursday)

quick question in regards to the ballot which has probably been asked in past years but couldnt find an answer.

Are the the tickets selected per credit card registration? or barcode? for example. I register once for 4 tickets. is that 4 barcodes that can be pulled out of the hat? or is it the 1 registration?

In other words. is it better to register twice for 2 tickets each? or register once for 4? which has better odds? :)

Odds are better to separate the memberships. You then have more "enteries" in the ballot. The negative is you wont be sitting together. And of course all of them might not be picked.

You register a batch of 4 together, if that one gets picked they will all get tickets.

Thought so, stupid question reallly :) just wanted to make sure that I would actually be improving the odds by splitting them up before I did it.

Thought so, stupid question reallly :) just wanted to make sure that I would actually be improving the odds by splitting them up before I did it.

I wouldnt split them up myself, not as singles anyway- would be kinda sad to sit on your own.

Last year I got two extra membership, so I had 4 in total. I split them into 2 and 2. Got them both was really lucky. And no one was sitting by themselves either..

I still have a single ticket available for tomorrow night - N55 Row C
$123 (face value) - will meet before the game around 7.30pm.

PM if interested.

SOLD

Last year I got two extra membership, so I had 4 in total. I split them into 2 and 2. Got them both was really lucky. And no one was sitting by themselves either..

This is what has happened for me this year. I am going to split them 2 & 2.

Odds are better to separate the memberships. You then have more "enteries" in the ballot. The negative is you wont be sitting together. And of course all of them might not be picked.

You register a batch of 4 together, if that one gets picked they will all get tickets.
The odds don't change at all.

If you have four memberships for four people, no matter which way you do it the odds of you going are identical. Only thing that is different is whether it is 'one in, all in' or everyone for themselves.

This is what has happened for me this year. I am going to split them 2 & 2.

Luck!

I'm registering around 2pm... just a stupid superstition, have always registered at that time and am 2-1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The odds don't change at all.

If you have four memberships for four people, no matter which way you do it the odds of you going are identical. Only thing that is different is whether it is 'one in, all in' or everyone for themselves.

I would've thought there are two possible outcomes here:

1. The ballot is based on membership numbers, and if a membership number is drawn that automatically includes others on that booking. In this case your odds are improved by registering together because you avoid the chance that some in your group miss out if you register separately.

2. The ballot is based on registration numbers (ie the number you get when you make your registration) in which case your odds (of at least getting SOME tickets) are improved by separating your registration.

Anyone got a definitive answer?

I would've thought there are two possible outcomes here:

1. The ballot is based on membership numbers, and if a membership number is drawn that automatically includes others on that booking. In this case your odds are improved by registering together because you avoid the chance that some in your group miss out if you register separately.

2. The ballot is based on registration numbers (ie the number you get when you make your registration) in which case your odds (of at least getting SOME tickets) are improved by separating your registration.

Anyone got a definitive answer?
It's done on the latter.

But it doesn't change the fact that the best chance at you have of all going together is to register together.

Missed out on reserved seats (and getting friends in as visitors) for the MCC. They sold out within 20 minutes. I think the MCC will be very close to jam packed. Remember, there are several bars in the MCC and neutrals are going to go along and just watch in the bar/dining room/long room all game - there's no way to stop them.

Gates for the MCC open at 4pm tomorrow, so I'll be aiming to get there at 2pm. Usually try for somewhere around N44-47 on the second level. Getting there two hours early usually gives you your pick of seats.

I dont wanna sound like a whinger here- but I am slightly annoyed you can only register this year for "Best available seating". Last year you could say you just want Standard or Prime, or Premium.

Considering the price difference is $100, its not fair you have no choice over what types of tickets you want.

Anyone registered over the internet? Is it the same deal??

I did it over the internet for the first time this year, there were only three options - reserved seats, reserved seats and standing room, or disabled access.

I did it over the internet for the first time this year, there were only three options - reserved seats, reserved seats and standing room, or disabled access.

Same then.

Sorry thats bullshit, I'm trying to save money.

I had a little whinge to the woman over the phone and she's like "talk to the club". :rolleyes:

Same then.

Sorry thats bullshit, I'm trying to save money.

I had a little whinge to the woman over the phone and she's like "talk to the club". :rolleyes:
If you get premium seats and I get standard, I'm happy to exchange and pay the difference. ;)

If you get premium seats and I get standard, I'm happy to exchange and pay the difference. ;)

Hahaha we'll see. I reckon I would probably take you up on that..

Hey, you know something last year I swear to god I registered only for "Standard" and somehow we ended up in the Premium section (Level one, 50M line), yet we still only paid $160. No idea how that happened.

I don't remember the category options last year. All I remember is I put in two lots of two barcodes and was successful with one, sat back row of M36 and we won the flag. :)

I won't be using my GFC membership barcode BTW for anyone who is still looking (not sure if there are spots for members still for sale). I will add the caveat that I remember reading on the Geelong website that memberships bought after July are not valid for finals tickets and I'm not sure if mine was bought before or after. But if you need a barcode, I'm happy to call the GFC to find out if I'm eligible.

I don't remember the category options last year. All I remember is I put in two lots of two barcodes and was successful with one, sat back row of M36 and we won the flag. :)

Hahahaha. Yeah there were definitely categories- and it was a recording not an actual person. It took ages, like 15 minutes registering. This time it took less than 5 minutes...

Geeze I should stop going on about it.. gotta win a Prelim first!!!!

I won't be using my GFC membership barcode BTW for anyone who is still looking (not sure if there are spots for members still for sale). I will add the caveat that I remember reading on the Geelong website that memberships bought after July are not valid for finals tickets and I'm not sure if mine was bought before or after. But if you need a barcode, I'm happy to call the GFC to find out if I'm eligible.
I'll enter it if you really don't want to use it. PM me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back