2012 membership discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The "Surge" may also be due to the phone calls going out.
I had a call from the membership department last week asking why we hadn't re-newed yet and if we were going to. Told them that we always re-new at the Victorian Family Day and the guy was very happy.:thumbsu:

Some people may just need this follow up phone call just to remind them.

So 15,035 members now vs. 16,510 at the same time last year (well Feb 28 last year).

We are now only down 1475 or about 8.9% behind, which if that is at least maintained leaves us on target to just crack the 20,000 mark by June 30.

Last years figures did surge over the first couple of weeks of March so it will be interesting to see what will happen.

(Hopefully Brown is OK - it would be a huge blow to our season / potential membership if he has a major issue already)

From memory there's usually a surge that coincides with the nab cup.

15026 for the record.

An increase of 2182 in the period from 3rd March to the end of the month,that is an average daily increase of 84 (rounded) compared to 55 in a similar period last year (non leap year).

That is still encouraging with between now and the start of fixtures likely to see good numbers going by precedent.

I am away at a conference atm but the membership stuff for my 3 year old arrived today and he loved it. He was playing with the stuff all day and much better pack than last year according to she who must be obeyed.

Good stuff to the club for the kids.

Hopefully some of the 5000 odd that were at the game today (who aren't currently members) will join up :p

Good initiative was to offer 3 game memberships with an extra game thrown in, making it 4 games from $75 at the ground yesterday.

Hopefully they signed up a few of those yesterday:thumbsu:

Just checked the website. We must have signed up quite a few yesterday :thumbs:

16,918 as at 11th March:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking through the 2011 Membership thread, it looks like we were at about 18,400 same time last year.

Hopefully some new memberships sold at our first game in Melbourne next week and we can close the gap further on 2011:thumbs:

If you have not answered the call................:footy:

Looking through the 2011 Membership thread, it looks like we were at about 18,400 same time last year.

Hopefully some new memberships sold at our first game in Melbourne next week and we can close the gap further on 2011:thumbs:

If you have not answered the call................:footy:

Actually CtD,from the figures that I noted as published on the website last year it was 17,829 on 11 March 2011 (now only 911 ahead of the current number).

The next total I have was on 18 March 2011 at 18,760...it will be nice if we can exceed the final tally of 22,025 that I recorded on 19 May 2011.

I hope the 16,918 figure is correct, but I have to say my first thought is that it is a mistake.

It jumped over one day late last week from 15,856 to 16,918. Could easily have made a mistake meaning to put in 15,918.

I guess we will soon find out.

I hope the 16,918 figure is correct, but I have to say my first thought is that it is a mistake.

It jumped over one day late last week from 15,856 to 16,918. Could easily have made a mistake meaning to put in 15,918.

Listed on the main site as 17 069 today. Maybe it wasn't an error. :thumbsu:

I wonder if there was a backlog in processing from somewhere that made the jump so high.

The deal they were offering on Saturday was a very good one, maybe they were taken up. 3 game membership with a 4th game thrown in.... pretty good deal IMO!!

3 game memberships is where the club will really make some head way with crowds, especially if we can be half entertaining to watch this year. Step one is getting people through the gates, anyway you can, step 2 is selling them on a 3 game membership, step 3 is a full on membership. AFL is much better live, it's what converted me. Another healthy hit out this weekend in Melb might see another little jump as well. I think it's important we back up with another good showing, even if we dont' get the win, we can't get blown away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back