Draft Review 2012 - Revisiting the 2012 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you talking about 1 North poster trolling a few pages back? I think your being a bit touchy.

Hrovat was very good last night but needs to be consistently good to be in this thread. It has to start somewhere. Wood is very exciting young forward that needs a good run injury wise. Young forwards can take time - as you should know.

Not being touchy mate. I said I was having a giggle. Poles apart.

The troll was lively but I think he got a little support. And Wood has been called by a couple. Whether it's a North troll or a myopic fan is immaterial, just screaming out for relevance. I find it funny. Simples.

Not being touchy mate. I said I was having a giggle. Poles apart.

The troll was lively but I think he got a little support. And Wood has been called by a couple. Whether it's a North troll or a myopic fan is immaterial, just screaming out for relevance. I find it funny. Simples.
It's 1 poster. Every club on here have posters like that. Including the dogs.

Bump the support he got.

It's 1 poster. Every club on here have posters like that. Including the dogs.

Bump the support he got.

I'm reading the2013 one now. Expected all the Boyd trolls to be having a carnival but it's Billings vs anybody instead. Lol. In that one BB being underrated I'd agree but I see Dumont being mentioned. Again It's achievement not potential.
Compared to this thread we are struggling. Only got Bont and Boyd out of 2013.

Better add Hrovat to that list amongst Membrey then. Cos he hasn't done jack **** in comparison.

In fact what is more funny, is that you had Taylor Garner in your top 10 ahead of Membrey too.
And he has literally done next to nothing in his career so far.
I thought he might have delisted by now considering how underwhelming he has been.

Taylor Garner has looked pretty ******* awesome the last 2 weeks. So has Hrovat. Maybe that flog was right after all.

This was really a horrendous draft.

Hope this years isn't the same
The top 7 or top 8 of this draft can stand up against any draft in the last 10 years.

There's absolutely elite talent, although it wasn't very deep.

A horrendous draft would be lacking in both categories.

Why people have Daniher ahead of Grundy? When you could say Grundy at this Moment is the In-Form/Best Ruckman in the AFL and Danihers is not close being the best KPF

Why people have Daniher ahead of Grundy? When you could say Grundy at this Moment is the In-Form/Best Ruckman in the AFL and Danihers is not close being the best KPF

In the age where you need a ruck less than ever, I'd take Daniher over Grundy any day of the week.

I'd say in this age u need a ruck more than ever... No more 3rd man up rule you see teams with proper rucks truly dominating. GWS-mumford, Adelaide-Jacobs for instance Richmond-nankervis.

Nonetheless, I'm a fan of grundy but not as much as other pies supporters.

Daniher ahead of Grundy.

Because it is only really Collingwood supporters saying Grundy is the in form ruckman of the league

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grundy would be in the top couple of rucks in 17. With Goldy not fully fit, Gawn and Nic Nat injured it maybe by default but he is still having a good year.
No doubt top 4-5, but he said the number 1

No doubt top 4-5, but he said the number 1

Which ruck do you rate higher in 2017?

The Grundy V Danhier very close and the choice is team needs.

For North it would be Daniher - with Goldy and Pruess big JD would be a better fit with Brown.

Dogs, Swans, Hawks etc may go for the gun Ruck over a gun forward.

Which ruck do you rate higher in 2017?

The Grundy V Danhier very close and the choice is team needs.

For North it would be Daniher - with Goldy and Pruess big JD would be a better fit with Brown.

Dogs, Swans, Hawks etc may go for the gun Ruck over a gun forward.
on this years form alone Jacobs, S Martin, Sandilands and Mumford.

I am not saying I would prefer Daniher over Grundy, I was responding to a Collingwood poster who stated Grundy was the best ruckman at this point in time in the league, which I pointed out he wasn't

on this years form alone Jacobs, S Martin, Sandilands and Mumford.

I am not saying I would prefer Daniher over Grundy, I was responding to a Collingwood poster who stated Grundy was the best ruckman at this point in time in the league, which I pointed out he wasn't

You could debate Grundy against the 4 you have listed. He is right there with them and has a case to be better. I would have Martin 1 Grundy 2.

You could debate Grundy against the 4 you have listed. He is right there with them and has a case to be better. I would have Martin 1 Grundy 2.
Other than Leuenberger, who he had a statistical tie with, Grundy has yet to face a quality ruck this year.

See how he goes against Kreuzer first and Mumfurd next week.

I still believe it was a fantastic draft.

Stringer, Macrae and Hunter - premiership players in their 4th season.

Such a good draft for you guys.

What was Hunter rated like at the time? Was it a bargain at the time or more of the case of he just turned out really good and it was just luck he was a F/S.

Such a good draft for you guys.

What was Hunter rated like at the time? Was it a bargain at the time or more of the case of he just turned out really good and it was just luck he was a F/S.
I dont think he was really rated at the time or else Freo wouldnt have waited until the end of the 2nd round to bid on him.

Other than Leuenberger, who he had a statistical tie with, Grundy has yet to face a quality ruck this year.

See how he goes against Kreuzer first and Mumfurd next week.
Well during Grundy's astonishing form in the second half of 2016, he played pretty much exclusively against top rucks. He beat Jacobs, Mumford and goldstein convincingly.

Who has Martin or Sandi faced of note? Jacobs only test was Mummy in 6 weeks.
Well during Grundy's astonishing form in the second half of 2016, he played pretty much exclusively against top rucks. He beat Jacobs, Mumford and goldstein convincingly.
Beaten today by Kreuzer. Failed his first big test of the year.

Mummy next week.

Beaten today by Kreuzer. Failed his first big test of the year.

Mummy next week.
It's a pretty straight forward issue.

When Cox plays, Grundy is useless.
When Cox doesn't play, Grundy dominates.
Cox is what Smith is to Martin, or what Phillips is to Kreuzer.

Grundy and Krezuer and both R1s only. When Phillips played, it was hard to find a worse player than Kreuzer in the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back