NRL 2012 - Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haha, meltigpie and balmainforever needs to brush up on the rules me thinks ;)

Have a close read as to what I've posted in this thread so far...

Haven't quoted on any of the incidents that happened, just the total penalty count. Was at the game and wasn't in a position to comment on it.

Damn letting the FACTS get in the way of a good story. Must be a DT writer. :p

How the hell did the Roosters win that? They were second best comfortably throughout the second half, despite the Bunnies not really threatening their line. And Sam Burgess really showed them what they missed last season with a terrific display.

Where's Anasta? He's still at the Roosters, is he? Is he injured? They missed his nous, anyway.

Still ignoring the facts I see.

No comment on the forward pass try?

Incorrect decision that immediately led to a try.

A decision that if made correctly meant the game never would have been in golden point.

Cronulla weren't screwed, an incorrect decision was made. Post that, Cronulla let the Tigers move into field goal range.

Stop ya bitching.

Have a close read as to what I've posted in this thread so far...

Haven't quoted on any of the incidents that happened, just the total penalty count. Was at the game and wasn't in a position to comment on it.

Damn letting the FACTS get in the way of a good story. Must be a DT writer. :p

He's just trying to score a point on me given my team won and as usual his lost.

Neither of us have challenged the claims that some poor decisions were made that went our way.

My point has been to look at an incident in isolation and bitch sook and moan without looking at other questionable calls is an exercise in self serving, blinked Pom Pom waving.

I'd also point out that Harrigan sanctioned the double movement call.... As correct

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched most (but not all) of the Dogs game (dead PC ment I was reduced to watching it on my phone!), intersting to see how james Graham went, and i thought he was pretty good. He is a top prop and will be a great acquisition for them, I think.
the second two games on Saturday night seemed to be sides that wont make the eight. Penrith and Dogs are both at least a year off competing, shithouse halves both of them, whilst Cowboys were apparently disgraceful against a Titans outfit that would've been beaten by a competent side.

Sorry to bring a little bit of LU in, but LOL@50UFF$!!!!
The ****ing stupidest ongoing crap on that site. Gotten to a point where you just cnat discuss anything because of the trolls running the asylum, better footy discussion on the FFB than the NRL forum

How the hell did the Roosters win that? They were second best comfortably throughout the second half, despite the Bunnies not really threatening their line. And Sam Burgess really showed them what they missed last season with a terrific display.

Where's Anasta? He's still at the Roosters, is he? Is he injured? They missed his nous, anyway.

Burgess is quality. Better in the second row.

Funnily enough I think Souths will be alright this year, will take a while to hit their straps but should come home strong. Impressed with how calm Maquire was as well, it's only round one afterall.

Good start to the year though, well apart from the friday and two of the saturday games. Meant to rain almost every day through March in NSW though, not good for the standard of play

The ****ing stupidest ongoing crap on that site. Gotten to a point where you just cnat discuss anything because of the trolls running the asylum, better footy discussion on the FFB than the NRL forum

I've only been to the NRL forum two or three times in about 18 months. I usually only read and post on the Parra forum, but after hearing what happened last night, had to sneak a peak in the LOL@50UFF$ thread. It should have died a quick death after the sign appeared at the Newcastle game in Round 26 last year, but I don't think it will go until the Bunnies win a premiership, whenever that is. Hopefully after Parra win one and before the Sharks do.

I've only been to the NRL forum two or three times in about 18 months. I usually only read and post on the Parra forum, but after hearing what happened last night, had to sneak a peak in the LOL@50UFF$ thread. It should have died a quick death after the sign appeared at the Newcastle game in Round 26 last year, but I don't think it will go until the Bunnies win a premiership, whenever that is. Hopefully after Parra win one and before the Sharks do.
lol, nah they'll still lol@souffs if they won 5 premierships, much like the Dragons still get called chokers after winning a comp.

Shame there's a few morons on there that ruin it for everyone, but what can you do

Still ignoring the facts I see.

No comment on the forward pass try?

Incorrect decision that immediately led to a try.

A decision that if made correctly meant the game never would have been in golden point.

Cronulla weren't screwed, an incorrect decision was made. Post that, Cronulla let the Tigers move into field goal range.

Stop ya bitching.

Then we could look at the penalty Wests received because their player dropped the ball or the one they received when their player tripped over the ball...

You're right, Sharks could have won easily without going to golden point

Difference is those are referees missing small things, the penalty at the end was either cheating or a referee who doesnt even know the rules, not sure which is worse

Then we could look at the penalty Wests received because their player dropped the ball or the one they received when their player tripped over the ball...

You're right, Sharks could have won easily without going to golden point

Difference is those are referees missing small things, the penalty at the end was either cheating or a referee who doesnt even know the rules, not sure which is worse

A small thing would be a forward pass that led DIRECTLY to a try?

LOL Give it up dude. Cronulla could have knocked on, hell they could have had 6 attempts at a field goal and been charged down everytime. You sure couldn't score the first one with the defensive line in disaray and panicking.

What we do know is the welfare club scored a try, where a blind man could see the final pass was deliberately thrown forward.

Oh, & the Tigers won the game ;)

But keep up the bitching, simply because Cronulla didn't defend adequately ... you keep looking at ONE incident in isolation, I prefer to look at the entire game.

Tigers 2 points.
Failure club 0 points.

I'll come back and have a chuckle in September when the Tigers are deep in the finals and the welfare clubs players are off surfing :)

One can only hope Cronulla miss the playoffs by a game ;)

I've only seen parts of the game, but I found this part very frustrating. During the Warriors game virtually every lost ball in a tackle was a scrum yet far looser carries were penalties in the Tigers v Sharks.

To me, the refs are as inconsistent now as they've been for a long time.

Was just watching the Superleague Show online and they were saying that Gareth Ellis is coming back to England next year? First I'd heard of this, but I'm sure the Rhinos would love to have him back.

I've only seen parts of the game, but I found this part very frustrating. During the Warriors game virtually every lost ball in a tackle was a scrum yet far looser carries were penalties in the Tigers v Sharks.

Must say I prefer the way they did it in the first of the two games mentioned. Then again I used to prefer it when the carrier had to protect the ball (I can see why they introduced the law though).

Was just watching the Superleague Show online and they were saying that Gareth Ellis is coming back to England next year? First I'd heard of this, but I'm sure the Rhinos would love to have him back.

He is missing England and having all of his family close etc. He has signaled that there will be a bid for his services and he is not necessarily going back to the Rhinos. He has expressed a desire to play for Castleford as they are his home town team I think.

To me, the refs are as inconsistent now as they've been for a long time.

It wasnt an interpretation issue. Some decisions were plain wrong.

But they went against both teams. Contrary to the stupidity being posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back