2014 Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully we get to play Div 2 finals for the first time since 2008, we've picked up a few and we look alright.

From a realistic point of view I think Fitzroy Stars are best placed to win the flag, they will have learned some more last year having played in the Grand Final and they've got Murray, Egan etc, etc. Good pickups, they'll be stronger and they know what it takes to get there and played some terrific football last season, particularly in the last quarter of the second semi when they were virtually unstoppable.

Looking forward to a twilight hitout against Panton Hill this weekend. Should be a good game.

Dubai Man

Senior List
Apr 28, 2009
Many Miles Away
AFL Club
Geelong
Doggies certainly will be up there. P/up some very handy country recruits of which Geoff Ryan is one, will be very good player in this comp. Tom Lonergan's brother from Yarrawonga goes alright as well. Holmes/King will be losses but depth will be better than 2013.

burls

Draftee
Oct 31, 2007
Whittlesea
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Panton Hill
Panton Hill night games at Cracknell Reserve Panton Hill this season are confirmed - Rnd 1 V Mernda (this Saturday) , Rnd 3 V Hurstbridge and Rnd 5 V Diamond Creek the bounce of the ball will be at 5.10pm for the seniors.

Panton Hill night games at Cracknell Reserve Panton Hill this season are confirmed - Rnd 1 V Mernda (this Saturday) , Rnd 3 V Hurstbridge and Rnd 5 V Diamond Creek the bounce of the ball will be at 5.10pm for the seniors.

I would assume Panton Hill are unfurling their flag this week?

Looking forward to the game this weekend as I mentioned earlier.

Chet_Wynd

Team Captain
Apr 29, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Another season about to start.

Diamond Creek vs Hurstbridge No real form line here
Lalor vs Epping The Bloods look like they have reloaded for a premiership tilt
North Heidelberg vs Fitzroy Stars The Stars are the early premiership favs but Doggies have recruited well
Panton Hill vs Mernda Plenty of talk about the Demons pre-season

Ah yes the tips

Diamond Creek Vs Hurstbridge - Diamo still have some quality players hanging about, Hurstbridge will improve again this season but I don't think they'll beat the Creekers
Lalor Vs Epping - I'm not sure where Epping sit to be honest but Jarrod King is a brilliant pick up for Lalor who I reckon should improve a bit and win more games this year
North Heidelberg Vs Fitzroy Stars - Stars are the premiership favourites by some distance. Will be very hard to match them this year.
Panton Hill Vs Mernda - Hopefully we continue building the new side with plenty of changes to the midfield and our forward line. Rapt that Adrian Stefanile and Liam Gray have cracked it in the seniors - terrific young blokes and deserve their chance. Them and all the new blokes I'm looking forward to their contribution this year. Hopefully it's good enough for finals.

Decent start, happy with the win. Could have won by more but we let Panton Hill back in it a fair bit. Still it's a good marker for the rest of the year. Pretty big game next week it should be said (up against North)

Also, how good is this? Fantastic work by Panton Hill and what a sight to behold.

214a4ef6341c7f41092b5f1a134f23ed_zps227fcfff.jpg

Great to have footy back.

Sports_Support

Sports Support
Dec 30, 2010
Bundoora
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well imagine a North v Lalor GF... Wouldn't have called it before watching the Stars today, I had it pegged for a two horse race... Maybe Fitzroy had a horrible day - North looked the most dominate div 2 side I've seen since Lalor of 2001... The Recruits were exceptional, I watched the first half of Bundoora v Whittlesea before heading to shelly St - the difference in ability was about the same... Game 1. Premiers playing div 2 premiers - Game 2. Both flag fav's... Super impressive and it's being built around a solid culture.

Post op

Debutant
Jul 8, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Did ph have a few out? Box joffa finnin amore mcgough. Didnt see there names in the selected teams

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geeat win by hurstbridge against diamond creek. First win against then in 11 years I think

I've been told a lot of great things about Jono Manzoney and his coaching, Hurstbridge look really good and this result will serve as a reminder that they're going to be a good side this year. Makes for an interesting game next week with the Bridges taking on Lalor.

Actually think next week will be pretty good to watch - I mentioned we have North, Fitzroy Stars and Diamond Creek face off and Panton Hill return to the scene of their flag.

burls

Draftee
Oct 31, 2007
Whittlesea
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Panton Hill
Did ph have a few out? Box joffa finnin amore mcgough. Didnt see there names in the selected teams
Yes all of these guys were missing from last years premiership side but will hopefully filter back through the team in coming weeks although Joffa has some what retired and taken a position on the commitee. We were also missing Nath Hendry '13 B&F - injured, Jason Evens (work comittments) and Haydn Bryce (injured) and we also have a number of 19s players pushing for selection after the performance they produced on Saturday.

burls

Draftee
Oct 31, 2007
Whittlesea
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Panton Hill
Decent start, happy with the win. Could have won by more but we let Panton Hill back in it a fair bit. Still it's a good marker for the rest of the year. Pretty big game next week it should be said (up against North)

Also, how good is this? Fantastic work by Panton Hill and what a sight to behold.

214a4ef6341c7f41092b5f1a134f23ed_zps227fcfff.jpg

Great to have footy back.
Great Pic - The ground looked amazing on Saturday evening - looking forward to our next night match in Rnd 3 v Local rival Hurstbridge.

barmyarmy

Debutant
Dec 15, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Ah yes the tips

Diamond Creek Vs Hurstbridge - Diamo still have some quality players hanging about, Hurstbridge will improve again this season but I don't think they'll beat the Creekers
Lalor Vs Epping - I'm not sure where Epping sit to be honest but Jarrod King is a brilliant pick up for Lalor who I reckon should improve a bit and win more games this year
North Heidelberg Vs Fitzroy Stars - Stars are the premiership favourites by some distance. Will be very hard to match them this year.
Panton Hill Vs Mernda - Hopefully we continue building the new side with plenty of changes to the midfield and our forward line. Rapt that Adrian Stefanile and Liam Gray have cracked it in the seniors - terrific young blokes and deserve their chance. Them and all the new blokes I'm looking forward to their contribution this year. Hopefully it's good enough for finals.
Was down at the Kennel Saturday North have got some great recruits and I'm finding it very hard to see anybody getting near them put on a clinic on w/end with several stars still on the sidelines

Was down at the Kennel Saturday North have got some great recruits and I'm finding it very hard to see anybody getting near them put on a clinic on w/end with several stars still on the sidelines

It's going to be interesting to see how we go up against them, it looks like the new recruits have North rejuvenated plenty.

jonnyhopper

Rookie
Mar 21, 2012
greensborough
AFL Club
Collingwood
disappointing lose for the boys this week going down to rival Hurstbridge, a real eye opener to the club that there wont be any easy games this season,
with some big names to come back through injury and suspension,
going to be a real interesting year with in my opinion all teams pushing for top 4

Fitzroy - Diamond creek: bit biased but must win game. with our captain back.
Hurstbridge - Lalor: Lalor back in form from 3 years ago, tough team to beat all year
Epping - Panton Hill: going be a tough year for Panton Hill, pingers to get up and win well
Mernda - North heidleberg - solid favourites after last weeks win, team to beat all year

I called it in my Mernda preview last week that it will be the most cracking season of Div 2 yet - everyone's in it.

Fitzroy Vs Diamond Creek - must win game for both sides with 0-2 staring down the barrel for the loser. Fitzroy averaged 143 points per game at Sir Douglas Nicholls Oval in 2013.
Hurstbridge Vs Lalor - gee both sides look alright. Hurstbridge sensational last week knocking over Diamo. Lalor terrific after quarter time. I think Hurstbridge are 2014's sleepers.
Epping Vs Panton Hill - I think Epping will bounce back but even though they went down by 70 points Panton Hill were far from horrible, was impressed by some of the things they did, we were just the better team on Saturday. They got a bit of a run on in the second quarter and kicked four straight goals. I just think Epping will get up at home.
Mernda Vs North Heidelberg - Pretty happy with the start we had at Panton Hill as I mentioned, but it's a huge game this week to see where we're at. North Heidelberg were hugely impressive and make the big statement you'd want to make straight away to show everyone you're switched on and they did it in almost the best possible way, smash the Grand Finalists by 14 goals, kick 19 of them and have Harvey kick only three. Yeah they look alright but I'd like to think we'll really challenge them and hopefully knock them over.

Bring on the weekend!

ant hill mob

Senior List
Apr 18, 2011
Greensborough
AFL Club
Richmond
disappointing lose for the boys this week going down to rival Hurstbridge, a real eye opener to the club that there wont be any easy games this season,
with some big names to come back through injury and suspension,
going to be a real interesting year with in my opinion all teams pushing for top 4

Fitzroy - Diamond creek: bit biased but must win game. with our captain back.
Hurstbridge - Lalor: Lalor back in form from 3 years ago, tough team to beat all year
Epping - Panton Hill: going be a tough year for Panton Hill, pingers to get up and win well
Mernda - North heidleberg - solid favourites after last weeks win, team to beat all year
Disappointing alright! Diamond Creek are an enigma. With the resources of the local community, should be more of a successful club than they are. Any other year you would pencil them in to at least make finals, but not so this year. I think P/Hill will eventually struggle but anyone of the other 7 capable of playing finals. I'll tip Diamo to miss out, purely and simply because I think they don't have the club smarts to recruit the type of player to get the ultimate success. They recruit handy div 2 types or young div 1 blokes who prefer to take the lazy option of being a big fish in a less challenging pond. Need players with ambition and a club ethos to to match! Harsh perhaps? But history tells the story;)

tezzdog

Debutant
Jun 25, 2008
eltham
AFL Club
Geelong
Disappointing alright! Diamond Creek are an enigma. With the resources of the local community, should be more of a successful club than they are. Any other year you would pencil them in to at least make finals, but not so this year. I think P/Hill will eventually struggle but anyone of the other 7 capable of playing finals. I'll tip Diamo to miss out, purely and simply because I think they don't have the club smarts to recruit the type of player to get the ultimate success. They recruit handy div 2 types or young div 1 blokes who prefer to take the lazy option of being a big fish in a less challenging pond. Need players with ambition and a club ethos to to match! Harsh perhaps? But history tells the story;)
Ouch!! Whackety whack!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back