List Mgmt. 2014 Free Agency, draft and trades news and discussion **Not the trade hypotheticals thread"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Chip is coming across without us offering major coin, does that reduce Melbournes compensation? Pretty sure I recall compensation factors in how much a player earns at their new club.
What did the pies get for Daisy last year?

I read someone say that it needs to be 500k and 4+ years...

If he is signing for less than 500.... 2nd round pick? that would throw a massive spanner in their works! LOL@Demons already assuming they have it!

Congrats on getting Frawley (most likely)

Just wondering how this will impact on Lake ? Will both Frawley and Lake play in the same team?
Doc... Lake... Stratts
Birch...Chips.... Gibbo

Lake won more yr.... Chips goes to FB in 2016 and Brand comes in to CHF.

Just wondering how this will impact on Lake ? Will both Frawley and Lake play in the same team?

Don't know anything yet. Andy Mhar not the most reliable source.

Having said that, I posted this in another thread.

Lake plays on the Key Forward closer to goal, just as he did on the Grand Final. He kept on switching between Franklin and Tippett, depending on who was closer to goal.

Frawley plays on the other Key Forward that pushes up the ground, both Franklin and Tippet did this at time on the weekend. Gibson and Spangher both played this role.

This frees Gibson to play on the 3rd tall. There wouldn't be a third tall in the league that could beat him one one one (the only one that would be a chance plays at the other end of the ground). This just means he can peel off and play 3rd man up, and set up our counter attacks.

Stratton plays on the best medium or small forward. As he has shown, he can completely blanket them.

If there is no match up for Frawley, then he can switch forward. Good luck trying to cover, Roughead, Gunston, Frawley and Hale.

Also, If Frawley were to go Geelong.

Do you think you could play Hawkins, Clark, Frawley, Taylor and Lonergen in the same team?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Frawley is signed that spells the end for Schoenmakers at Hawthorn I think. Spangher is the preferred player in that role with Brand, Heatherley developing.

Lake, Frawley and Gibbo as starting 18. Spangher the inclusion when they are injured or rested. No room for Schoe.

What would we get for him? Not much I don't think. A second round pick upgrade from Adelaide would be the best we could hope for there. Port are a bit light on for depth in the key posts so possibly they would offer an second round upgrade too, minimal as that would be (three positions). Packaged with Lowden, they are rumoured to be interested, possibly an upgrade from our third rounder to their second? Dreaming?

I can't foresee any scenario that has Lowden, Grimley or Hallahan at Hawthorn in '15. They are still not in our best 26 players and all three need to move to advance their careers. Ceglar, McEvoy and Hale are the three ruck incumbents. Roughead and Gunston are rock solid as our key forwards with O'Brien preferred to Grim when a spot opened up. Spangher a decent fourth option. Langford and Woodward moved ahead of Hallahan, with Anderson and Whitecross coming back from injury offering more flexibility.

Again their trade worth would be only in pick upgrades. They may just be cut loose as I think they are all out of contract?.

He is a better forward then Spangher and Shoenmakers. They had periods where they played forward. He would also demand a big body match up, most likely releasing Hale or Gunston.

I probably jumped the gun actually. I don't rate him as a forward but the reality is our forward line depth is very dubious with Schoenmakers & Spangher, next as you correctly point out, and under prepared Sicily & O'Brien our best prospects.

I can't foresee any scenario that has Lowden, Grimley or Hallahan at Hawthorn in '15. They are still not in our best 26 players and all three need to move to advance their careers.

We need to look further than next year though. Lowden looks to be gone, fair enough. Grimley probably a delist, so if we can get anything tradewise, that's a bonus.

Hallahan, though, we need to stay with a bit longer. Think about how many midfielders we like to have rotating, and think which of our guns won't be there in 2016/2017.

He's not quick, but he's coming good after 2 ruined pre-seasons. He could quite possibly gun it at other club, a la Josh Kennedy, and in two years time, when Hodge, Silk and Mitch are gone or winding down, we'll be banging our heads against the wall...

We need to look further than next year though. Lowden looks to be gone, fair enough. Grimley probably a delist, so if we can get anything tradewise, that's a bonus.

Hallahan, though, we need to stay with a bit longer. Think about how many midfielders we like to have rotating, and think which of our guns won't be there in 2016/2017.

He's not quick, but he's coming good after 2 ruined pre-seasons. He could quite possibly gun it at other club, a la Josh Kennedy, and in two years time, when Hodge, Silk and Mitch are gone or winding down, we'll be banging our heads against the wall...

It's true but is Hallahan going to be willing to wait? Can he afford to?

I just can't see him waiting around though. He has potential as an AFL player but our midfield depth chart is about to rupture with the return of WhiteX and Anderson who are both better players and more flexible. Woodward was preferred late in the year as well. Shiels and Langford roared ahead of him this season and once again both offer more flexibility.

If Frawley is signed that spells the end for Schoenmakers at Hawthorn I think. Spangher is the preferred player in that role with Brand, Heatherley developing.

I don't necessarily agree with that regarding Shoey.

I'm hoping like hell that we strip Shoey right down and he has a massive pre season that is based purely on running agility and speed.
Play and train him as a forward.

If we do gain Frawley.

KP Defenders: Lake Gibson Spangher Frawley. ( development mode Brand Heatherley)
* Lake may not be playing every game, Spangher will be getting plenty of game time.

KP forwards : Roughy Gunston Shoey ( development mode O'Brien)
We will have lost depth once Grimley is cut.

If we do get injuries/player managment to either Roughy or Gunston, I think Shoey can potentially fill the void.

Resting Ruck/forwards: Cegs Hale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back