List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big difference between the 2 players. One is only in the early stages of his career when the other is nearing the end of his career.
But you compared Lucas to the output wells delivered in his fourth season.

End of fourth season :

Wells - wanted by every club
Lucas - 0 offers and delisted

So what if I compared 2 players at exactly the same stages of their careers?

I'm not asking the club to go out and pay 500K for him either, all my saying is he's worth a rookie spot.

By all means he's got the ability but it's extracting it out of him. Like many Carlton supporters I think it's all in the head with Lucas. Not what we need because we have enough of those sorts (basti, harper and Mckenzie - consistency and confidence issues).

Mick gave Lucas every chance but he didn't deliver (did in a couple last season). All the other clubs can't be wrong!!!

Yes all other clubs can be wrong and it happens almost every year.

Before the National draft last year I suggested that we should take Tom Langdon, who hadnt been taken in the draft the year before. Look how that turned out, the kids a gem.

Nothing wrong with it at all. But your argument was based on possession count. My point was wells is far more damaging (a point that almost every afl supporter would agree with). Far enough you think he's worth a rookie spot but don't drag wells into it in an attempt to beef up your opinion.

Possession count means jack s**t if you don't do something with it.

Wells disposal = Aston Martin
Lucas' = banged up Datsun

Yes all other clubs can be wrong and it happens almost every year.

Before the National draft last year I suggested that we should take Tom Langdon, who hadnt been taken in the draft the year before. Look how that turned out, the kids a gem.
Difference between

untried at afl level and 4 years exposure at an average AFL team.

Ben brown vs Shaun McKernan

Big difference between the 2 players. One is only in the early stages of his career when the other is nearing the end of his career.

Ashamed please if anyone should be ashamed its you for being so negative about every player thats suggested on this board. Some of your suggestions have been laughable.

Never met the bloke, only going on what i've seen of him and what the club needs are at this point.

Apart from you missing the point when I spoke of Campbell Heath (and someone else shot you down on this, LOL), what are you referring to?

One example will suffice.

I am far from negative about players - indeed I get more stick from posters for towing the party line than the opposite - but you have to be a very poor judge of football flesh to rate Kane Lucas. And comparing him to Wells is moronic.

Cheers.

In 2013 when Lucas had his best year he averaged only 2.6 clangers a game whilst averaging 18 disposals a game. Of course Wells is far more damaging I didnt say he wasn't, but your trying to compare a guy that's played 200 games to a guy that's hasn't played 50 yet.

So while you say he turns it over too much and does nothing with it I disagree. At the age of 22 some players need longer than others to adjust to the speed of the game. Most players dont hit their prime until about 24.

Next year i'll be hearing that people on this board want to pick up Kane Lucas because he's gone to the VFL and won the Liston Medal.

Jesus Christ. You missed the point again after you made it in the first place.

You said wells (4th season) vs Lucas currently. NOT ME. Nowhere have i stated wells current output vs Lucas' current output.

I stated wells (4th season) made things happen when he got the ball. Lucas does not. Clangers don't mean much if you play the safe option. Not to mention he plays exclusively on the outside so he has more time to weigh up his options.

Apart from you missing the point when I spoke of Campbell Heath (and someone else shot you down on this, LOL), what are you referring to?

One example will suffice.

I am far from negative about players - indeed I get more stick from posters for towing the party line than the opposite - but you have to be a very poor judge of football flesh to rate Kane Lucas. And comparing him to Wells is moronic.

Cheers.

You want to bring a guy to the club who couldnt get a regular spot in 2 teams and i'm an idiot for suggesting we pick up Lucas with a rookie spot :rolleyes:

And i'm a very poor judge at rating Tom Langdon when no one else on this board suggested him until I did.

Moronic lol.

You want to bring a guy to the club who couldnt get a regular spot in 2 teams and i'm an idiot for suggesting we pick up Lucas with a rookie spot :rolleyes:

And i'm a very poor judge at rating Tom Langdon when no one else on this board suggested him until I did.

Moronic lol.

Sorry, I missed the example ... "suggestions" is plural.

Moronic lol.
So you throw a mature aged player in the mix and he plays well once selected. 1 player doesn't make you an oracl...

image.jpg

Jesus Christ. You missed the point again after you made it in the first place.

You said wells (4th season) vs Lucas currently. NOT ME. Nowhere have i stated wells current output vs Lucas' current output.

I stated wells (4th season) made things happen when he got the ball. Lucas does not. Clangers don't mean much if you play the safe option. Not to mention he plays exclusively on the outside so he has more time to weigh up his options.

I didnt miss your point.

I agree with most of what you've had to say but what I dont agree with is what you guys seem to think. That is.. just because a guy hasnt solidified himself into a team by the age of 22 doesnt mean he cant make it at another AFL club. You can bang on all you want about his disposal but if he aint worth a rookie spot who is?

I never said I was an oracle and when Langdon was drafted he was 19, so not exactly a mature age player as you so kindly stated.

Keep it coming Brett i'm working night shift so i'll be here til 7am.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont see what the problem is? I just throw up a name and people go ****** crazy.

All delisted players are crap thats why they get delisted. The question should be. Would our club and culture be capable of bringing out the best of a player such as Lucas and improving him to be the player that most clubs thought he would be 5 years ago? Does he fill a need for where our playing roster is at the moment? What will be the cost to get him to the club?

The first question will have mixed opinions. Secondly yes he does fill a void, as we need another guy with pace on the outside. Thirdly the cost would probably be a rookie spot on minimum wage. Is he worth that, I think he is.

Fair enough some people think he isnt worth a try thats fine, but dont carry on like a ****** model on the piss at Flemington all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back