List Mgmt. 2015 LIST Discussion - trades, free agency etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely worried that if Kreuze leaves, the AFL won't give us band 1. They'd be desperate for Schache to get to Brisbane.

In fact wouldn't be surprised to see the AFL screw us and give Brisbane 2+3.
Wonder how desperate Brisbane are to get Schache. Could we trade pick #2 (if we lose Kreuzer) for pick #3 and Aish or Redden?

I'm hopeful that the Bolton factor, game time, a young list and a large supporter base will attract a few younger players already in the system.

Weitering is a must; strong, good decision maker and a born leader.

The Kruez decision is a huge one. We all love him and want him to stay, but if he is offered a 'godfather deal' then go with our blessings.

Having picks 1 & 2 would open up a huge amount of possibilities.

PSD is now a huge factor in regards to negotiation leverage re players like Aish and Carlisle and young guns from GWS and GC.

In SOS we trust...

I can't believe that people are still whinging about the Judd trade.
We picked up a Brownlow Medalist that won another at our club and led us to finals.
WCE picked up Masten and Notte. You remember Notte? No?
There is a good reason for that!
We also picked up Army with pick 46 and he is still a good small forward when allowed to attack.

As for the compo pick, well I am a huge fan of Kruezer but I can't see why he would knock back that sort of money to stay with us.
Also, so far he has always been the type that wants to repay the club for sticking by him through his injuries.
I think there is a bit of the JK trade sentiment there. JK said he didn't want to leave his mates at Carlton and had wanted to be a Carlton player for life but he also didn't want to be the reason why Carlton failed to get Judd.
I think that Kruezer will go cos he will see it as a win/win for both him and the club.

I would be devastated if we traded pick two for anyone let alone Treloar.
I am a fan of Treloar but we must keep the compo pick at all costs.
Get him to nominate us and offer a later pick with sweeteners or else he comes through the PSD.

No thanks to both Aish and Carlisle.
I would only take Carlisle if we lose out on Treloar, and only via the PSD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** the spoon

This. Every day of the week. Considering we won said spoon with 3 precious number 1 picks on our list and a historically woeful history with trading, drafting and developing players why the "oh we need the picks so firesale everyone" in a draft that is shallow?

Because SoS? Because we denounce the messiah complex and do it in the next breath?

I have negative expectations.

It looks as though we put off the inevitable. The next two years are going to be incredibly tough and somehow we have to give the draft picks the time to develop, while fielding a pretty ordinary team.
3 years after the club sacked a coach because they thought the playing list was underachieving, we have now finished on the bottom of the ladder. Hindsight tells us that our rebuild is at least a couple of years too late. The next couple of years is really going to test the mettle of those running our club.

This. Every day of the week. Considering we won said spoon with 3 precious number 1 picks on our list and a historically woeful history with trading, drafting and developing players why the "oh we need the picks so firesale everyone" in a draft that is shallow?

Because SoS? Because we denounce the messiah complex and do it in the next breath?

I have negative expectations.

We're getting a free hit at getting two of the best key position talent in the draft (admittedly at the expense of a fan favourite)

Not happy about getting the spoon, but Jiminy Christmas, I am very excited about our drafting and trade period ..

I'm no fan of seeing Kruezer go... however... if the club has fielded their best offer ... and has given the decision to Kruezer and consequently he decides to leave... then IMO both parties should be happy.

Kruezer isn't getting thrown out of the club. And Kruezer isn't ditching the club.

I've got no clue what will happen with Yarran, Menzel or Bell. Although it will be very surprising should we not receive the Cats first pick one way or another.

Realistically we could enter the draft with the top two picks (pick 1 + 2), two mid first rounders (Yarran and Henderson) and our second rounder (pick 20).

If we can't start some kind of a rebuild with 5 top 20 picks and Matthew Watson... then we're ****ed.

Last edited:
Why in the **** are we hell bent on getting picks 1 and 2?

We watch a bloke who is living proof that you don't need the top picks to get good talent - PATRICK CRIPPS; who we apparently reached for! Tom Boyd and Josh Kelly were the absolute clear #1 & 2 pick that year and Cripps has done more than all of them. It happens every year - there's always gun players found later.

I'm sure there are other good KPP's that will turn out to be very good players. If we don't sign Kreuzer because we want another high pick I will be ****ing pissed with SOS.

Yes **** the spoon. Agree completely.

However it is done. We can't change it. We can't make amends for it. There is no next week. We suffer now and endure all the barbs and bullshit once more.

However, rebuilding is our next conversation. #1 is done. Kreuzer is considering an offer elsewhere. #2 could happen because Matty has the power at this moment. We can speculate as to what happens here without embracing the spoon. It's not like we are giving up our draft picks because we don't like what happened to get them.

If he leaves:

Brisbane would be worried about Schache now. We could possibly engineer a #2 for Aish and #3 deal. Then move on #3 to GWS for McCarthy and #10.

This gives us #1, #10, #20 Aish and McCarthy. It would be effectively leveraging that compo pick and losing Kreuzer to gain #10, Aish and McCarthy. That's a very viable way to turn one pick into two rated players and a still decent top 10 pick.

Geelong's first rounder in this scenario has gone back out to #9 (swap with GWS pick 10 if GWS lose tomorrow) and as such could come back into play. #7 was way too high so their win today probably helped us in a sense.

So #1, #9, #10, #20. If Treloar was interested #9 and #10 might get the deal done but I reckon GWS would never have done #10, McCarthy and Treloar for #3 and #9 in the one deal so would probably feel aggrieved at how that one turned out for us and it won't work.

Let's assume the Yarran deal has been done for that first rounder around the #15 mark after compo.

PSD is now a major factor and Carlisle has just the right amount of angst to walk.

#1, #9, #10, #15, #20

In: #9, #10, #15, McCarthy, Aish, Carlisle
Out: #2, Kreuzer, Henderson, Yarran

There is potential to really, really make a massive dent in this rebuild.

Last edited:
I'm sure there are other good KPP's that will turn out to be very good players. If we don't sign Kreuzer because we want another high pick I will be ******* pissed with SOS.

It's a large offer that Kreuzer has received and he can still stay and accept the offer he was going to sign a few days back without us needing to match it and he is staying. It is very much Matty's decision.

Let's try and have faith in the club here. Much respect between the two parties.

Know what gripes me most right now? Course you don't I haven't said it yet. These new blokes we're bringing in? Aside from the draftees, we might be right back here again next season or the one after, trying to hold onto them because they become 'disgruntled' or don't like the coach, or pine for their home state or some club is throwing the sink at them. Some changes in football I can swallow, having to beg and scrape and bribe players to stay every single season now is frankly too much. No loyalty from players begs the question, why loyalty from supporters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back