NFL 2015 NFL Playoffs - Wild Card Round

Pick the winners of Wild Card Round.....(four choices max)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

How did i miss the people sporting the #Shuttles4mod hashtags?

This account or my hench account. Either way, you guys are the real winners.

troll.png

I just started really following NFL at the start of this season. Thought seeing as i follow the hornets in the NBA id follow the panthers. Turns out they are playing well and now being called a bandwagoner. Best just to ignore people who wanna give you a hard time haha

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

There are ways to avoid being a douche bandwagoner and one who just appreciates the moment without going OTT ala Daryl Eastlake. At least you're come in before the Big Dance and admitted it. You don't wanna be ripped apart by this forum's big dawgs. ;)

Also Broken consider Andy Reid and the Eagles. The org decided to blow up Andy after failing to deliver a title in all his years. But Reid had the Eagles as a perennial NFC dominant team. They decided it was all his fault and canned him. But look at the Eagles now. They're in disarray after the new HC they thought would be better, provide a change, be the catalyst to make that leap, got fired a couple years in. Who also managed to gut their roster of talent. Meanwhile Andy Reid is taking his team to a point of consistent playoff contender. Could even go all the way this year.

You pull the plug on a HC when he's broken the team. But if your team is consistently making the playoffs every year, you hold onto them and instead tweak things around him.
I wasn't condoning the Bengals axing Lewis. I like the guy and agree with everything about what you say. I don't think the Bengals are an organisation that pull the trigger on a coach, if anything they've traditionally stuck too long with guys and I can't see them wanting to pay out his contract.
The comment I made in the coaching thread - I think that's what you've based this on - was based on precedences like the above, like what happened with Dungy at Tampa, Schottenheimer at San Diego and what not. It all depends on if people are happy with what they've got or if they think the grass is greener on the other side.

I know it's a delayed response, I've only just now been able to get back online and I've just caught up on the last three playoff games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn't condoning the Bengals axing Lewis. I like the guy and agree with everything about what you say? I don't think the Bengals are an organisation that pull the trigger on a coach, if anything they've traditionally stuck too long with guys and I can't see them wanting to pay out his contract.
The comment I made in the coaching thread - I think that's what you've based this on - was based on precedences like the above, like what happened with Dungy at Tampa, Schottenheimer at San Diego and what not. It all depends on if people are happy with what they've got or if they think the grass is greener on the other side.

I know it's a delayed response, I've only just now been able to get back online and I've just caught up on the last three playoff games.
No problem, my friend. And don't take my posts as giving you grief. I have all the time in the world for a person of your quality.

No problem, my friend. And don't take my posts as giving you grief. I have all the time in the world for a person of your quality.
No offence taken. It's all good.

As for the playoff games.
I found it interesting that a lot of pre-game talk in Houston was how well O'Brien had done to get to the playoffs with a revolving door at QB, only to have that position cost him the game.

The other AFC match was a cracker. I hope the NFL films highlights are all about the hitting with their "Classic Battle" theme playing.
Congrats to the Steelers for making it through. But you can't help but feel the Bengals handed it to them. Not only the final drive, but there were so many points in the game where they let the Steelers off the hook, giving up either points or field position through penalties or turnovers or giving up freak catches like Bryants flip catch! The game got out of hand at times too and these mixed playoff crews don't help matters.
The Bengals looked better on offense when McCarron put that glove on his throwing hand too - at least when Shazier wasn't forcing fumbles - and Burfict played a very good game (as did Maualuga) but, my god, he undid his good work with that trash talk and cheap shots. Such a missed opportunity.

Kudos to the Vikings for almost winning a game against the red-hot and favoured Seahawks - but that ending! I reckon at least half the players on the Vikings roster would have made a kick from that distance, let alone the guy that is actually paid to do it! Such a cruel way to lose a game, I really feel for the Vikings players and fans.
The Vikings D should hold their head high and I'm sure the Panthers D will take a lot from it in next weeks game although the weather impacted the abilities of both teams, so I expect a stronger showing from Seattle at Carolina.

And my beloved Redskins. We started nicely, putting the Pack under a lot of pressure but I felt the 11-0 lead wasn't reward for our efforts. D-Jax being concerned more about not getting hit than scoring was telling. The Packers held and you can't discount the psychological edge from there. It should have been 16-0 (with the PAT not hitting the upright either).
The Pack adjusted well from that point on though. Once Rodgers went hurry up we got caught out a lot of times. We stopped pinning our ears back, our pressure dropped off and it made it easy for the Pack. Almost playing them back in to form. Once we were behind the Packers D pinned their ears back and picked us apart.

Anyone see the cheap shot Burfict put on the helpless Ravens receiver the week before. He should have been suspended for the Wild Card game.

I think the Bengals must introduce a Sydney Swans like no idiots policy if they are ever going to bring ultimate success to the Queen City, and not continue to be the Bungles. Get rid of the bad eggs even if they have talent, and draft character guys.

Back