Autopsy 2016 AFL Grand Final - Western Bulldogs 13.11.89 d Sydney Swans 10.7.67

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney also got two 50m penalties which are far more valuable than free kicks. Both correct calls, one produced a goal.

Umpires always miss stuff both ways, e.g. Kennedy's second goal when Parker jumped on Wood's back
Agreed. Missed calls can and often do go both ways. Some were missed on both sides.

But I repeat. Show me a game where a team gets one free for an entire half. I doubt you can.
Can you even recall a game where the free count was 17 to 4 as it was in the 3rd/4th? That's more than 4 to 1 against. In am even contested game. Pure math shows everyone what happened. The rest is rhetoric.

Your mob has been robbing teams of their best players and chances of flags for 20 years and now you expected people to feel sorry for your mob? Get real.....
Could not have happened to a slimier team.
Still mad at losing Plugger? :drunk:
So your team won't be taking Steele then? :p
Best stick to the argument at hand.

Agreed. Missed calls can and often do go both ways. Some were missed on both sides.

But I repeat. Show me a game where a team gets one free for an entire half. I doubt you can.
Can you even recall a game where the free count was 17 to 4 as it was in the 3rd/4th? That's more than 4 to 1 against. In am even contested game. Pure math shows everyone what happened. The rest is rhetoric.
Western Bulldogs 13.11.89
Sydney 10.7.67Ali
Premiers: Western Bulldogs

Still mad at losing Plugger? :drunk:
So your team won't be taking Steele then? :p
Best stick to the argument at hand.

2012 grand final

Free kicks

Hawthorn 21
Sydney 10

Guess that game was rigged too.....

or was that only 2014 and 2016 the umpires were cheating since you won that one? ;)

2012 grand final

Free kicks

Hawthorn 21
Sydney 10

or was that only 2014 and 2016 the umpires were cheating since you won that one? ;)
Not at all. We got beat fair and square.
Next?

Better to giveth something then giveth nothing though :p

Be happy for the UnderGods, you have won as many as them in 12 seasons as they have in 110.
I really don't care one way or the other, I just thought it was funny to quote scripture.

I'm not going to get into another bloody $wan$ NTTAWWTight but I do find it interesting how once people make up their mind that a conspiracy exists (i.e. that the AFL has gifted the Swans advantages) that theory then becomes monolithic, and they never for a moment allow the possibility that there might be further nuance to that theory (i.e. the AFL has gifted the Swans advantages but now it suits their purposes to gift someone else advantages).

Not at all. We got beat fair and square. Next?

2006 grand final

West Coast 21 free kicks
Sydney 20 free kicks

Damn that one free kick :p

You sound seriously like a gambler who did his dough and perhaps other peoples given your bitterness. Get over it. The way the AFL loves you they will soon bring in a 19 man rule for the Swans only or you will continue in your tradition of poaching your biggest threats forwards and snare Tom Boyd ;)

I really don't care one way or the other, I just thought it was funny to quote scripture.

I'm not going to get into another bloody $wan$ NTTAWWTight but I do find it interesting how once people make up their mind that a conspiracy exists (i.e. that the AFL has gifted the Swans advantages) that theory then becomes monolithic, and they never for a moment allow the possibility that there might be further nuance to that theory (i.e. the AFL has gifted the Swans advantages but now it suits their purposes to gift someone else advantages).

People cannot accept what has happened I suppose. The better team won in 2016 as they did in 2014, 2012 and every other year. Only your team has significant cap advantages so naturally some see it as the AFL betting on the Swans I suppose.
For the record I think you would have won regardless in 05 and 12 and now COLA is going perhaps you can show everyone how true that is :)

2012 grand final

Free kicks

Hawthorn 21
Sydney 10

If you read the swans board they make numerous references to beating the Hawks and the cheating umps in 2012. While what they beat was our inability to kick straight....

If you read the swans board they make numerous references to beating the Hawks and the cheating umps in 2012. While what they beat was our inability to kick straight....

I know that feeling :( but sadly not the 3 peat after :p

Have actually read some in other threads claiming the reason the Swans lost in 2014 was because the game was played at the MCG and had it been played at the SCG or ANZ they would have won hahahahahaha. Probably think the earth is flat too :p

I know that feeling :( but sadly not the 3 peat after :p

Have actually read some in other threads claiming the reason the Swans lost in 2014 was because the game was played at the MCG and had it been played at the SCG or ANZ they would have won hahahahahaha. Probably think the earth is flat too :p

Its rare that delusional people make sensible arguments...

We would have won on any ground on the planet that day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its rare that delusional people make sensible arguments...

We would have won on any ground on the planet that day.

But but but it's not fair we have COLA plus academies but the umpires hate us :p :p hahahahaha

Early in the last quarter it was pretty lopsided and I remember thinking Sydney had been unlucky. Maybe at that point the umpires thought the same as the next 4 frees went to Sydney (one incorrect). A breakdown of which umpires awarded each free would be interesting.

A penalty count of 2:1 is what you might expect when one team is badly beaten as we were in 2014. Which was not the case last week.
Anyway it's done now. We have a corrupt game, like Rugby league - gamblers, like Soccer - administrators, like boxing - everything.
It's sad to behold.

A penalty count of 2:1 is what you might expect when one team is badly beaten as we were in 2014. Which was not the case last week.
Anyway it's done now. We have a corrupt game, like Rugby league - gamblers, like Soccer - administrators, like boxing - everything.
It's sad to behold.

So COLA and Academies for certain teams only to benefit from is not corruption but when the Swans are beaten it is? :S

What are your thoughts on 9/11 then? ;)

So COLA and Academies for certain teams only to benefit from is not corruption but when the Swans are beaten it is? :S

What are your thoughts on 9/11 then? ;)
Yes that is certainly another example of the league trying to manipulate the ladder for commercial advantage. Swans benefited in a minor way with that. Nobody can argue it's not more expensive here than Melbourne though.
If you want to argue unfair advantage I suggest you look at the GWS draft debacle over the past 4 years.
The academies are a great idea if used to foster local talent in NSW and QLD; if NOT used like GWS to pilfer Riverena talent.

Yes that is certainly another example of the league trying to manipulate the ladder for commercial advantage. Swans benefited in a minor way with that. Nobody can argue it's not more expensive here than Melbourne though.
If you want to argue unfair advantage I suggest you look at the GWS draft debacle over the past 4 years.
The academies are a great idea if used to foster local talent in NSW and QLD; if NOT used like GWS to pilfer Riverena talent.

A minor way? Seriously? :rolleyes:

Tell me again why Franklin and Tippett need an extra 9.8% income when minimum wage workers can afford to live in Sydney.

2006 grand final

West Coast 21 free kicks
Sydney 20 free kicks

Damn that one free kick :p

You sound seriously like a gambler who did his dough and perhaps other peoples given your bitterness. Get over it. The way the AFL loves you they will soon bring in a 19 man rule for the Swans only or you will continue in your tradition of poaching your biggest threats forwards and snare Tom Boyd ;)
Actually I had $10 on both GWS and the Swans at the beginning of the year. The only sports bet I make, really out of interest. I hate the gambling ads all over the AFL. Something should be done about that. Never been so happy to have lost my $520 when GWS went down in the prelim. I figured they prob would have beaten us in the GF - too much speed. The $50 I lost on the Swans GF was neither here nor there.
What pisses me off is the integrity of the game is shot. And those guys worked their whole lives for a chance at a GF. Only for it to be corrupt like so many things these days.

Nice try at deflection Dont go thinking we're the soft target, when losing an argument. The woefully inadewuate concessions we were given were because we were building a team fro m scratch. We have never been offerred COLA, presumably on the principal Soy lattes are much cheaper in cafes in our zone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back