Autopsy 2016 edition of "Flat-track Bullies"

Remove this Banner Ad

Precisely. I always wait until rounds 17 and 18 before I decide in my own mind who the genuine premiership chances are. So much footy to be play before then.
Definitely. I think you can get a reasonable idea of who's going to be around the mark earlier than that, but we're talking about trying to make hard and fast conclusions about who the contenders and pretenders are after seven games, where no team has played the same teams as any other. That doesn't make sense to me.

All the OP is really saying is that some teams haven't proven themselves yet, which is obvious. In fact I'd argue that nobody has proven themselves yet. Still a long way to go.

How can the crows be FTBs? when most people said we would be 1-7 or 0-8 after round 8 this year? people gave us no chance. and considering our 3 losses have been 10 points, 3 points and 15 points.

Precisely. I always wait until rounds 17 and 18 before I decide in my own mind who the genuine premiership chances are. So much footy to be play before then.
Sydney, Geelong, North and Hawthorn will be the top I think. theres your contenders for 2016.

How are Port not in this conversation? Absolute definition of flat track bullies.

OP is a one-eyed w***er.

North Melbourne
Record: 7-0
Away Wins:
Away Losses: 0

It's hard to find a less convincing table-topping team than North, except if you look at Fremantle from last season. They've played away from ES just 3 times this season and one of those was a home game in Tasmania. A close win against Adelaide got their season off to a nice start, then a strong win against Fremantle reaffirmed their top-team status. However, they are a lucky club, playing stronger opponents at the best possible times. Fans might complain about the armchair ride that teams like Collingwood and Essendon get with fixtures, but North take it to another level. Outside of the 2015 finals series (discounting of course a rubbish Richmond @ the G, and an injury destroyed Swans), the last time North beat any team on the road that was any good was Geelong in round 4, 2015. In that time, they've beaten some top clubs and lost to some top clubs at home. It's going to take a long time to get a true reading on the Roos, since their next 3 "road trips" are to the SCG, AO and DS. After which they don't even leave Melbourne for an away game (they go to Tas for a home game against the Swans)

Had a good laugh reading this.

How are Port not in this conversation? Absolute definition of flat track bullies.

OP is a one-eyed ******.

Agreed, I like how he gave the Bulldogs two away wins.

Obviously one of those people who know heck all about football and just looks at stats "Bulldogs have won twice as the away team they've had a tough draw" whilst the rest of the footy world know they have played 7 games at Etihad.

OP is a one-eyed ******.
Because they've also lost to s**t teams. And lost at home more times than they've won, and managed to win away from home. But I get your point so I'll pop them up later tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously one of those people who know **** all about football and just looks at stats "Bulldogs have won twice as the away team they've had a tough draw" whilst the rest of the footy world know they have played 7 games at Etihad.

But we had to put up with biased umpires.

A team that smashes s**t teams but gets comprehensively beaten by good or even average teams is a flat track bully.

So the biggest flat track bully this season would have to be Port Adelaide:

Wins: St Kilda (33 points), Essendon (61), Richmond (35), Brisbane (77). 3 of the bottom 4 teams. All bottom 8 teams

Losses: Adelaide (58), GWS (86), Geelong (48). All top 8 teams

Obviously one of those people who know **** all about football and just looks at stats "Bulldogs have won twice as the away team they've had a tough draw" whilst the rest of the footy world know they have played 7 games at Etihad.
Fixture wise, it's an away win. I also clarified the fact that the Dogs play their first 7 games at ES, which was clearly done to maximise membership and revenue for what they hoped was going to be a fast start, which it has been.

I don't see the dogs staying top 4 or challenging this year, but they're still a super team.

Eagles lost playing away to the best three teams who are in top form in the AFL. Fact.

Eagles have beaten average teams at home. Fact.

The Eagles are out of form and playing poorly.

If that's the definition of flat track bullies then the Eagles are flat track bullies.

Fixture wise, it's an away win. I also clarified the fact that the Dogs play their first 7 games at ES, which was clearly done to maximise membership and revenue for what they hoped was going to be a fast start, which it has been.

I don't see the dogs staying top 4 or challenging this year, but they're still a super team.

Winning away is away from your home ground. Not playing an away game at your home ground.

You've shifted more goalposts in this thread than Tony Lockett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back