2016 NFL Div 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Some late transfer movement with Ryan Keyes moving from NH to St Mary's, Harley Ryan to SM and a few Kilmore boys packing up including Luke Crowley. Interesting, when does transfer window close?

Ryan transfer is lodged but still believe he is not 100% going to play! Quite posisbly the best recruit of div 3 this year though if he does in fact run out. Keyes could be a beauty for st marys aswell as they have no great ruckmen.

tips
watsy to beat st marys by 30.
epping to beat south by 11.
kilmore to beat HW by 63.
mernda to beat bangle 45.

Ryan transfer is lodged but still believe he is not 100% going to play! Quite posisbly the best recruit of div 3 this year though if he does in fact run out. Keyes could be a beauty for st marys aswell as they have no great ruckmen.

Harley Ryan clearance confirmed. Harley to provide the clash jumpers for the next intraclub!!

Quick around the grounds.. Great to see the Westy's get a win. I'm sure they will be pumping tonight. Are the pingers the team to beat? Another loss to the Bears and watsy result makes the top 4 very interesting!!!

I reckon the Nfl clubs should form a nfl players association like the afl has. That is the only to keep the NFL bosses honest and on there toes?
Any thoughts on this?

We've hit round 12, 2/3 through what has already been an enthralling season.

Just wanted to get everyones opinion on the top 5, Epping, Mernda, Watsonia, St Marys and South Morang.
Who's the best side in the comp based on what you've seen and who's the weakest link that will miss out on finals action?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've hit round 12, 2/3 through what has already been an enthralling season.

Just wanted to get everyones opinion on the top 5, Epping, Mernda, Watsonia, St Marys and South Morang.
Who's the best side in the comp based on what you've seen and who's the weakest link that will miss out on finals action?

Epping The team to beat, The rest are very even on their day. Any one of them could miss out and it might come down to %.
If I have to pick one to miss out , St Mary's maybe ?

Dissapointing to hear Kilmore have sacked coach Trav.Dont claim to know him well personally nor his coaching abilities but from afar I know he has had a red hot go.Sometimes it ain't about winning or losing but anyone who knows footy would not of expected Kilmore to win a game this year.They managed to beat West early in year and I watched the game on weekend where West reversed the earlier result for a well deserved victory.Kilmore had plenty of young talent including a 16 yr old however the heavy conditions suited the bigger bodies of West.He committed to coach a long struggling club and I'm told his duties went beyond the normal coaching and match day tasks.I know a couple players recently got cleared and I do hope it's not a case of the tail wagging the dog.Either way I did see hope for Kilmore with the move to the NFL but now I fear their existance beyond this season.It grates me when good people get shafted but as much as I'm sure Travs hurting he's actually better off not being there.Rant over.

Don't know where you get your information from Barfly, but it is not accurate. Kilmore did NOT sack Travis McCarty. It is in Kilmore's constitution to advertise for it's senior coach each year. Travis decided not to re- apply for the position in 2017, he was not 'shafted' as you so politely put it.

Don't know where you get your information from Barfly, but it is not accurate. Kilmore did NOT sack Travis McCarty. It is in Kilmore's constitution to advertise for it's senior coach each year. Travis decided not to re- apply for the position in 2017, he was not 'shafted' as you so politely put it.

Welcome to the club Trav ha ha. I think sacked may be too strong a term ..... brushed aside with 6 to play more like it I'd suggest. Gunna be a hard sell, so can only think (or pray) that there's already a plan in place for the next coach, and if that's the case then I'm sure Trav's would be all for what's best for the club going forward cos he's a man of integrity.

Anyway one mobs trash is another's treasure, as long as he is not lost to footy that's the most important thing in my eyes. Anyone willing to actually put their balls on the line wins my respect in this new age landscape of local footy, selfishness and playing groups dictating how it goes

There are far too many more credentialed and (apparently) better blokes around not brave (or silly) enough to at least try so good on ya Trav and good luck going forward.

I'd certainly love to have him join the junior club in town if he's fingers aren't burnt by all this.

Last edited:
Welcome to the club Trav ha ha. I think sacked may be too strong a term ..... brushed aside with 6 to play more like it I'd suggest. Gunna be a hard sell, so can only think (or pray) that there's already a plan in place for the next coach, and if that's the case then I'm sure Trav's would be all for what's best for the club going forward cos he's a man of integrity.

Anyway one mobs trash is another's treasure, as long as he is not lost to footy that's the most important thing in my eyes. Anyone willing to actually put their balls on the line wins my respect in this new age landscape of local footy, selfishness and playing groups dictating how it goes

There are far too many more credentialed and (apparently) better blokes around not brave (or silly) enough to at least try so good on ya Trav and good luck going forward.

I'd certainly love to have him join the junior club in town if he's fingers aren't burnt by all this.
As usual Doona you are the voice of reason.

So he remains as coach for season remainder is that what your saying?My apologies if he is.

Don't want to say too much until an official announcement is made by the club. Stay tuned.
I am not connected with Kilmore just looking on from a far but this is not really saying a lot of positive things about the Kilmore footy club you think that they would be looking for a few years of stability to rebuild the club

Don't want to say too much until an official announcement is made by the club. Stay tuned.

Might be worth a read, don't Trav do a bit of the Facebook/internet stuff for the club too?

So he remains as coach for season remainder is that what your saying?My apologies if he is.

Don't stress fly your mail was accurate enough, I had a late chat with Trav last night and he won't overlook the remainder of 2016.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back