2016 NFL Div 3

Remove this Banner Ad

As usual, plenty of hate on the Divvy 1 board for Heidelberg, particularly when they are up and about again. Crazybear, you weighed in so an observation or two re happenings at the Bear Cave.

Banyule has been very active in the recruitment stakes, a mix of former players and new heads including a clutch of former Div 1 players and Tarrant which so far has proven to be a poor investment. Discussions on Saturday night with the parents of a young gun indicates there is more than a little dissent in the ranks, with Tarrant and the club agreeing to part ways. Based on results to date and the decision to bring in recruits who simply haven't produced, the strategy thus far appears fatally flawed. They confirmed that if things don't improve in the back half of the season, there may be more than one local product seeking greener pastures, coach included.

As usual, plenty of hate on the Divvy 1 board for Heidelberg, particularly when they are up and about again. Crazybear, you weighed in so an observation or two re happenings at the Bear Cave.

Banyule has been very active in the recruitment stakes, a mix of former players and new heads including a clutch of former Div 1 players and Tarrant which so far has proven to be a poor investment. Discussions on Saturday night with the parents of a young gun indicates there is more than a little dissent in the ranks, with Tarrant and the club agreeing to part ways. Based on results to date and the decision to bring in recruits who simply haven't produced, the strategy thus far appears fatally flawed. They confirmed that if things don't improve in the back half of the season, there may be more than one local product seeking greener pastures, coach included.

They were all the rage pre season and so far have beaten Kilmore and West, president must be disappointed in spending so much money for so little ground being made?

Very brave effort by Kilmore to get within a kick of the much more fancied Mernda over the weekend. Down day for The demons or improvement/ new recruits from Kilmore?

Interesting to read that Laurimar is looking to find a senior side next year?? Will this have much affect on Mernda re: sponsorship, player retention and recruitment?

Interesting to read that Laurimar is looking to find a senior side next year?? Will this have much affect on Mernda re: sponsorship, player retention and recruitment?

If Laurimar come in it will be interesting to see what sort of sponsorship they can as there is not a lot of business out that way that would have any spare $ to through their way.But as a comp the NFL need them to get up to help get rid of the bye this would make div 2 even numbers again.
As common sense would dictate that no team drops from div 2 and one goes up as I don't see reservoir ever getting going again.

The local gossip that all comes from the same place Witch el surprise nobody is "the coach is in strife with a current first div assistant coach in the wings and has the support of some new recruits to take over"

Very brave effort by Kilmore to get within a kick of the much more fancied Mernda over the weekend. Down day for The demons or improvement/ new recruits from Kilmore?

Kilmore gets themselves a 3-4 goal a week forward and ther'll be a real spike in fortunes. Ball is going forward of the centre as much as their opposition each week, just need a bit more firepower

Will Reservoir return?? Still can't understand how a club wins a premiership and then that's the end.. It's unbelievable really... Who was at fault??

Will Reservoir return?? Still can't understand how a club wins a premiership and then that's the end.. It's unbelievable really... Who was at fault??

I doubt we will ever see Reservoir again as they have no juniors to look long term to help build a team back in the comp.
It happened because of poor management poor recruiting and short sightedness , they thought that winning a flag and a promotion to div 2 would solve all their problems so they sold the farm to get that Premiership with no thought to the future. Its pity as there is some good people still involved with Reservoir footy club or what's left of it

I doubt we will ever see Reservoir again as they have no juniors to look long term to help build a team back in the comp.
It happened because of poor management poor recruiting and short sightedness , they thought that winning a flag and a promotion to div 2 would solve all their problems so they sold the farm to get that Premiership with no thought to the future. Its pity as there is some good people still involved with Reservoir footy club or what's left of it

Was the coach intending to stay on? If the coach & president were committed for 2016 what happened?
Or was it due to cash flow in that they spent it all in 2015 and couldn't increase there budget in 2016 to compete in the higher division.

I know it's old news I guess, but so disapointing to hear a club fold after having success. I do agree if you lose your juniors it's ultimately going to be the death of a club..

Not going to say to much but definitely didn't sell the farm. Facts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

H
Me and a mate went down to Epping yesterday and seen an absolute cracker definately a preview of a semi final match in my eyes, Epping too good in the end however morang I believe are still the team to beat
Tom Hughes #45 will be getting money thrown at him next year from other clubs for sure
Happened to be at that game as well, very well fought out with Epping pinching it, completely agree with you about Hughes, he's a bull in the guts.
Also liked the look of Leigh Judd, Kicked the winner with 2 minutes left and just a really classy player in general, both would thrive at div 1 clubs.

Round 9 tips:

WATSONIA to beat Kilmore by 64 points

EPPING to end Banyules season by 36 points

SOUTH MORANG to beat Mernda by 8 points

ST MARY'S to beat Heidelberg West by 100 points

Premiership race to be narrowed to 5 after this week.

Not going to say to much but definitely didn't sell the farm. Facts.

If they did not sell the farm then they were close this has come from ex players at the club last year . Also poor recruiting as it no good just getting players to win a flag .You must make sure the players are willing to play up in a higher division and stick around so you can be competitive when you get there.
If you know more Iamyourfather please enlighten us I would love to know the other side of the story. I am not bagging Resa as I am sorry to see them in this situation just telling like I have been told first hand

Was the coach intending to stay on? If the coach & president were committed for 2016 what happened?
Or was it due to cash flow in that they spent it all in 2015 and couldn't increase there budget in 2016 to compete in the higher division.

I know it's old news I guess, but so disapointing to hear a club fold after having success. I do agree if you lose your juniors it's ultimately going to be the death of a club..

I think you could be on the money "Or was it due to cash flow in that they spent it all in 2015 and couldn't increase there budget in 2016 to compete in the higher division."
The presidents company was also one of the major sponsors and probably saw the writing on the wall

If they did not sell the farm then they were close this has come from ex players at the club last year . Also poor recruiting as it no good just getting players to win a flag .You must make sure the players are willing to play up in a higher division and stick around so you can be competitive when you get there.
If you know more Iamyourfather please enlighten us I would love to know the other side of the story. I am not bagging Resa as I am sorry to see them in this situation just telling like I have been told first hand

Majority of the players weren't really recruits. They were there for 4/5 years as a core group. Take this as first hand too. I have seen they are committed to getting a side on the park in 2017. I really hope they can (although with Laurimar coming in it may be a bit hard!).

Majority of the players weren't really recruits. They were there for 4/5 years as a core group. Take this as first hand too. I have seen they are committed to getting a side on the park in 2017. I really hope they can (although with Laurimar coming in it may be a bit hard!).

great news I hope they do get back but do mind letting us know how they are trying to get the 50 odd players required to field 2 two teams

I know a about 15-20 players miss out on a game at St Mary's each week and 10 missed out at Epping this week

This might be true but try getting them to leave the club .Its not all about dollars as these 15-20 players would have all ready left for another club
St Marys player are fiercely loyal to the club they also have equal number missing out in the 19's but they hang around

Remove this Banner Ad

Back