2016 NFL Div 3

Remove this Banner Ad

jaytiger

Team Captain
Jun 9, 2009
epping
AFL Club
Richmond
Replay on website mate. Skip to to Q1 around the 14 minute mark. Huge tackle by bennet and a huge round arm by mcmahon. Expect mcmahon would get 2

Should have been given 8 weeks at least. Absolutely no place for that on the football field. That hit had the potential to do some real damage. Hit him in the right spot and it could have been all over. and for what for, some egos on a local football field.

Mar 24, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Should have been given 8 weeks at least. Absolutely no place for that on the football field. That hit had the potential to do some real damage. Hit him in the right spot and it could have been all over. and for what for, some egos on a local football field.
Totally agree, you look at some other reports and you wonder how an act like that gets 3 weeks and others get 2 ? Go figure.

John of all Johns

Team Captain
Oct 23, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Massive round arm..... sheeeezzz and player even looks back after he does it to say oh no i hope i havent killed him. Bad tackle and lucky no one was hurt but the round arm is not on.

Lalorboy1

Debutant
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
So Bennetts tackle is a 2 week offence where Judd has a punctured lung compared to McMahon for striking where no injury was caused and gets 3 weeks.....
Not sure how that works out however it does make this weeks game very important for Epping without 2 of its more important players

getitright

Debutant
Sep 4, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Mcmahon should've got 6 plus for that, probably a nice guy off field but thats thug like and as said above could've done some real damage.

Wanted to get peoples thoughts on St Mary's, really promising start at 6-0 and have gone at 40% since then with a 10 goal shellacking in a match that could've granted them a certain finals spot?

Rushed Point

Debutant
Jul 9, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
The NFL are a disgrace, that thug should of received 10 weeks. There is no excuse for this behaviour anymore especially after the Patrick Cronin incident earlier this year in regards to the coward punch.
Why don't some people get it.
Rant over

Lalorboy1

Debutant
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
The NFL are a disgrace, that thug should of received 10 weeks. There is no excuse for this behaviour anymore especially after the Patrick Cronin incident earlier this year in regards to the coward punch.
Why don't some people get it.
Rant over
It's a forearm compared to a punch from behind, understand your argument but different acts

Blueboy67

All Australian
May 10, 2012
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Not ideal but as long as the front door stays open you're half a chance, once it closes it would be pretty hard to "buy" back into the local footy scene these days. Had an SMS last night from a guy I coached at Kilmore in 2012 asking what is happening .... my response.

"Not much has changed pal, too many find it easier to blame others for their own shortcomings rather than dig in and work. I feel for the guys like Goudge, Thick, Snaithy etc who have rode this thing out for 4-5 years now. Far too many guys continue to drive outa town for their footy fix, all having an effect on the club in their absence and probably don't realise it. All seem to know what's wrong but none willing to be that magnet or leader to start bringing them back."

Here's hoping Saturday they can (1.) muster up 3 teams, (2.) be more competitive and (3.) unite and support a local families NBCF "Pink Ribbon" Fundraiser, as that's what we do (or meant to do) in small communities .... dig in and support one another in tough times.
Yes Doona, there have been plenty of critics giving sage advice but not prepared to stand up to the plate and have a crack themselves. There are some damned hardworking people at the club, but too few of them. I would love to see some of these knowledgeable critics turn up at the club and turn their words into actions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Kilmore, Broadford, Yea, Calder
Kilmore 17.9 def. Heidelberg West 4.6

Must say midway thru the 1st term it looked like being not a bad contest before it swung one way for the remainder of the afternoon. Nothing to hang the hat on other than hope for the future, but Kilmore I reckon had 12-13 guys 22yo or younger today, 10 of which were teenagers. Now they just need some grown men with a football motivation other than money (a rarity these days) to come and guide these kids.

Last edited:

barfly

Team Captain
Nov 22, 2005
tent
Other Teams
essendon
Morang look to be coming good at the right time.Also Morangs 2s had another huge win and underlines their depth which always help come finals.
Looking like a good finals series coming up with 4 genuine contendors.

getitright

Debutant
Sep 4, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Who are the 4? If you're counting St Mary's out they just knocked off Mernda for the 3rd time this season.

3 clubs fighting out 2 finals positions leading in to an intriguing final round.

From what I've seen I expect South Morang to knock off Mernda at home, which means the demons could miss the finals all together depending on how much st marys can beat Kilmore by.

Blueboy67

All Australian
May 10, 2012
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Kilmore 17.9 def. Heidelberg West 4.6

Must say midway thru the 1st term it looked like being not a bad contest before it swung one way for the remainder of the afternoon. Nothing to hang the hat on other than hope for the future, but Kilmore I reckon had 12-13 guys 22yo or younger today, 10 of which were teenagers. Now they just need some grown men with a football motivation other than money (a rarity these days) to come and guide these kids.
Not only do Kilmore need to attract these grown men Doona, they also need to retain the young talent that took to the field on the weekend, rather than losing them to neighbouring clubs as you know only too well.

Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Kilmore, Broadford, Yea, Calder
Not only do Kilmore need to attract these grown men Doona, they also need to retain the young talent that took to the field on the weekend, rather than losing them to neighbouring clubs as you know only too well.

Or losing them Coz of this era of "entitlement"

Blueballers

Team Captain
Oct 19, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Hypothetically we may end up with 9 sides in Div 3 next year. For argument sake let's say Watsy win the flag (since they are on top) and reservoir revive and Laurimar make it in we could have

Epping
South Morang
Mernda
St Mary's
Banyule
Kilmore
Heidelberg West
Reservoir
Laurimar

The NFL would be excited about the growth of the league surely.

Aug 30, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hypothetically we may end up with 9 sides in Div 3 next year. For argument sake let's say Watsy win the flag (since they are on top) and reservoir revive and Laurimar make it in we could have

Epping
South Morang
Mernda
St Mary's
Banyule
Kilmore
Heidelberg West
Reservoir
Laurimar

The NFL would be excited about the growth of the league surely.

Not sure how excited they would have been when Kilmore's 2s forfeited a couple of weeks ago.

The challenge for the league is sustaining this. All 27 teams across 3 divisions need to ensure they can field a reserves team each week.

28 teams would be ideal. 10-10-8.

Blueballers

Team Captain
Oct 19, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Huge weekend of footy coming up! If south Morang beat Mernda and St Mary's beat Kilmore by a 100 then Mernda will miss out..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back