23. Petrevski-Seton
24. Daicos
25. Powell-Pepper
26. Battle
27. Cox
28. Ratugolea
29. Graham
30. Lewis

This draft is so good here’s my top 30 and I reckon there’s quite a few handy players that I couldn’t squeeze in.

I decided to leave Draper out as much as I’d like to put him in the top 10 I’m very bias as I just love the kid but there isn’t a big enough sample size that we’ve seen yet.

1. McCluggage
2. Taranto
3. McGrath
4. Stewart
5. R. Marshall
6. Ridley
7. Simpkin
8. Ryan
9. English
10 Berry
11. Bowes
12. Bolton
13. Setterfield
14. Logue
15. Florent
16. Perryman
17. Witherden
18. Parfitt
19. T. Marshall
20. Lipinski
21. Darcy
22. Ainsworth
23. Petrevski-Seton
24. Daicos
25. Powell-Pepper
26. Battle
27. Cox
28. Ratugolea
29. Graham
30. Lewis

This draft is so good here’s my top 30 and I reckon there’s quite a few handy players that I couldn’t squeeze in.

I decided to leave Draper out as much as I’d like to put him in the top 10 I’m very bias as I just love the kid but there isn’t a big enough sample size that we’ve seen yet.
I hate sounding like an absolute homer, but Zurhaar and Larkey would be super unlucky to not make the top 30.

Bolton is a gun player. Easily in the top 10.

I'd have him below only Taranto, McGrath, McCluggage and Stewart and competing with Simpkin and Ridley for the next spot. We'll see if he can maintain his form.

Ranked every player I thought was worth ranking. Disclaimer I don’t rate defenders. Obviously the list is pretty fluid still and will likely silly as soon 2021.
  1. Mcluggage
  2. Taranto
  3. McGrath
  4. Simpkin
  5. Bolton
  6. Florent
  7. Larkey
  8. Berry
  9. Marshall
  10. Marshall
  11. Ridley
  12. Ryan
  13. Stewart
  14. Bowes
  15. Parfitt
  16. Zurhaar
  17. Cox
  18. Battle
  19. Logue
  20. Lewis
  21. Setterfield
  22. English
  23. SPS
  24. Daicos
  25. Hayward
  26. Darcy
  27. O’Connor
  28. Witherden
  29. Brown
  30. Fisher
  31. Powell-Pepper
  32. Narkle
  33. Long
  34. Henry
  35. Williamson
  36. Draper
  37. Ladhams
  38. Duman
  39. Ratugolea
  40. Hannan
  41. Cousins
  42. Lipinski
  43. Stengle
  44. Graham

Last edited:
Stewart is a 2x AA defender already, lol. He finished 3rd in our B + F last year behind only Danger and Tim Kelly - Top 10 players in the league last year.

Pretty sure he would rank the highest (as of now - McGrath, McLuggage and Taranto will all probably go past him, but not as of yet). Can't believe some have him outside their Top 10.

Last edited:
Stewart is a 2x AA defender already, lol. He finished 3rd in our B + F last year behind only Danger and Tim Kelly - Top 10 players in the league last year.

Pretty sure he would rank the highest (as of now - McGrath, McLuggage and Taranto will all probably go past him, but not as of yet). Can't believe some have him outside their Top 10.

“BigFooty - it’s better to be young than good”

- Bigfooty marketing department

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lack of games in a shortened season will be the only thing stopping him from being a 3x All Australian already... Most in this draft will be lucky to reach that throughout an entire career.

Absolute star and massively disrespected just because he is a mature ager.

Last edited:
Lack of games in a shortened season will be the only thing stopping him from being a 3x All Australian already... Most in this draft will be lucky to reach that in throughout an entire career.

Absolute star and massively disrespected just because he is a mature ager.

So much this.

I hate sounding like an absolute homer, but Zurhaar and Larkey would be super unlucky to not make the top 30.
Yeah I'll cop that. I must have overlooked Zurhaar, fair chance I missed others too. I'd have Zurhaar in the low 20s and Larkey maybe just sneaking in ahead of Lewis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stewart obviously gets the nod because of the 2 x AAs but I'd say right now Luke Ryan is playing better footy, given he is 3 years younger he could easily end up being the better footballer.

Come on man, look at this from our perspective.

Sure, Stewart is a proven star with the best career to date, but these younger guys could be anything - I mean, they could even end up as good as Stewart!

Ranked every player I thought was worth ranking. Disclaimer I don’t rate defenders. Obviously the list is pretty fluid still and will likely silly as soon 2021.
  1. Mcluggage
  2. Taranto
  3. McGrath
  4. Simpkin
  5. Bolton
  6. Florent
  7. Larkey
  8. Berry
  9. Marshall
  10. Marshall
  11. Ridley
  12. Ryan
  13. Stewart
  14. Bowes
  15. Parfitt
  16. Zurhaar
  17. Cox
  18. Battle
  19. Logue
  20. Lewis
  21. Setterfield
  22. English
  23. SPS
  24. Daicos
  25. Hayward
  26. Darcy
  27. O’Connor
  28. Witherden
  29. Brown
  30. Fisher
  31. Powell-Pepper
  32. Narkle
  33. Long
  34. Henry
  35. Williamson
  36. Draper
  37. Ladhams
  38. Duman
  39. Ratugolea
  40. Hannan
  41. Cousins
  42. Lipinski
  43. Stengle
  44. Graham

The point on defenders has merit.

Especially loose as a goose defenders. Truth is, there aren't many defenders that are good enough to be forwards or midfielders. I mean if they were good enough to play in the midfield/forward they would. Therefore I agree that their ratings should suffer accordingly

The point on defenders has merit.

Especially loose as a goose defenders. Truth is, there aren't many defenders that are good enough to be forwards or midfielders. I mean if they were good enough to play in the midfield/forward they would. Therefore I agree that their ratings should suffer accordingly

Rance and Balta must be pretty s**t then, given they can't play elsewhere.

Even more so Vlaustin, given you actually tried to play him forward and in the midfield.

Rance and Balta must be pretty sh*t then, given they can't play elsewhere.

Even more so Vlaustin, given you actually tried to play him forward and in the midfield.

I said most defenders, Rance is an exception, Balta may end up a forward, but your point on Flossy is right

Bit like Stewart, Vlaustin couldn't make it as a midfielder or a forward, which is why I guess there is that group of 5 rated above him even though Stewart has the score on the board.

Not going to lie but Jarrod Berry is starting to ut together a very good body of work to rival that of the big 4 guys.

You would almost have to have him at 2 behind Taranto at this point in time. McGrath been good (this year) but overall since their debut years would have the top 10 as;

1. Tom Stewart
2. Luke Ryan
3. Tim Taranto
4. Hugh McCluggae
5. Jarrod Berry
6. Andrew McGrath
7. Alex Witherden
8. Jy Simpkin
9. Brandon PArfitt
10 . Tim English

Honourable Mentions (HM) Shai Bolton, Jack Graham, Jordan Ridley, Sam Powell - Pepper

Not going to lie but Jarrod Berry is starting to ut together a very good body of work to rival that of the big 4 guys.

You would almost have to have him at 2 behind Taranto at this point in time. McGrath been good (this year) but overall since their debut years would have the top 10 as;

1. Tom Stewart
2. Luke Ryan
3. Tim Taranto
4. Hugh McCluggae
5. Jarrod Berry
6. Andrew McGrath
7. Alex Witherden
8. Jy Simpkin
9. Brandon PArfitt
10 . Tim English

Honourable Mentions (HM) Shai Bolton, Jack Graham, Jordan Ridley, Sam Powell - Pepper

Berry was excellent v the Saints, had been pretty quiet for the previous 4-5 rounds. I think it was directly tied to the fact that we went in to the game with one less midfielder in the rotation and he spent more time on ball. I think his progress would be more noticeable if we was playing there closer to 80% of his time on ground rather than having longer stints up forward or on the wing.

My ranking of the top 10 would be:

1. McCluggage (completely biased of course).
2. Taranto
3. Stewart
4. Ryan
5. McGrath
6. Bolton (moving up with a bullet).
7. Simpkin
8. Berry
9. Parfitt
10. Bowes

Ainsworth would be the next one I could see exploding, he's kind of been forgotten the last few years.

1. Tom Stewart
2. Luke Ryan
3. Tim Taranto
4. Hugh McCluggae
5. Jarrod Berry
6. Andrew McGrath
7. Alex Witherden
8. Jy Simpkin
9. Brandon PArfitt
10 . Tim English

Swap Witherden and Ridley - Ridley is a huge chance to be AA this year and Witherden has been dropped for the 2nd time this year.

1. Tom Stewart
2. Luke Ryan
3. Tim Taranto
4. Hugh McCluggae
5. Jarrod Berry
6. Andrew McGrath
7. Alex Witherden
8. Jy Simpkin
9. Brandon PArfitt
10 . Tim English

so bolton should not be in the top 10 because he was dropped earlier on in the year, but Witherden is 7th and has been dropped twice ?

Even though Bolton with Mcgrath the best ranked player in his draft in coaches votes

Even though Bolton is the ranked in the top 25 in AFL players rankings in 2020

And people ask why I believe that there is a blind spot on Bolton.

Game set match

Remove this Banner Ad

Back