List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/FA period is underway! The official thread (Check OP for official updates)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just did the Crows quiz on the AFC website
Found this question interesting. (I got it wrong)

How many players currently in Adelaide's squad came to the club via a trade or free agency?
3, 5 ,9 or 13?

Seems like a high number to me with not many toumpas' polec's duds

Don't have to make 3 selections in the Draft just have to turn over min 3 places, Reference last year only used 2 picks in national draft.
We DO have to make 3 selections at the National Draft. However, rookie upgrades count towards that total. Last year we drafted Milera & Doedee, and upgraded Kelly.

List positions filled via trading in players (even if they come from another club's rookie list) do not count towards the mandatory 3 draft selections.

IMO we'll upgrade 2 possibly 3 rookies
Jeansch, VB, Lowden, Grigg out .....possibly Shaw .....that makes potentially 5 out

Gibbs, ROB and IMO Greenwood in .... that makes 3 in and only one required draft pick ATS

So currently more spots than picks / trades coming in .....may mean we upgrade more than 2 Rookies (Beach / Keath) .....or only one if Shaw plays
I would be very surprised if Greenwood is upgraded. ROB is a certainty. Beech is the next most likely, and I think that's well under 50% chance of happening. I think there's almost no chance of Keath being upgraded this year.

I disagree ......believe Otten has value due to him being a mobile tall, who can play back and forward

Will Otten be thinking he can get back into the side ......if he has doubts, won't surprise if he seeks a new home ......there'll be plenty of suitors
There won't be any suitors. Injuries have robbed Otten of what looked like being a long and successful career. He offers us flexibility, with his ability to play at both ends of the ground, but it's only as a depth player. He's not good enough to hold his position, at either end of the ground, in our best 22.

I feel sorry for him, because those knee injuries destroyed a very promising career. But that's the reality of where he stands today.

I would be very surprised if Greenwood is upgraded. ROB is a certainty. Beech is the next most likely, and I think that's well under 50% chance of happening. I think there's almost no chance of Keath being upgraded this year.
I'll bet Greenwood is upgraded b4 Beech .......i'll be very surprised if Greenwood is not upgraded ......Beech upgrading will depend on final list spots availability, but to me he's on the same line as Lyons, maybe under him .......Keath will be interesting, not sure ? ....on talent, most definitely

There won't be any suitors. Injuries have robbed Otten of what looked like being a long and successful career. He offers us flexibility, with his ability to play at both ends of the ground, but it's only as a depth player. He's not good enough to hold his position, at either end of the ground, in our best 22.

I feel sorry for him, because those knee injuries destroyed a very promising career. But that's the reality of where he stands today.
I believe this fallacy has just grown with time ......Otten was never quick, but a very very smart footballer

He'll have suitors .....we'll agree to disagree, and see what transpires ;)

IMO we'll upgrade 2 possibly 3 rookies
Jeansch, VB, Lowden, Grigg out .....possibly Shaw .....that makes potentially 5 out

Gibbs, ROB and IMO Greenwood in .... that makes 3 in and only one required draft pick ATS

So currently more spots than picks / trades coming in .....may mean we upgrade more than 2 Rookies (Beach / Keath) .....or only one if Shaw plays
LOWDEN! I knew there was another. OK thinking out loud.

If Lyons does get traded that's 5. I think Shaw is gone so 6, if Grigg goes then 7. Then there is also Hendo 8.
I think too many spots to fill so cant see all of Shaw, Grigg and Hendo.

Assuming we get Gibbs and Rocky, hoping for FS in Ben Jarman, that is only 3 spots. Upgrade ROB and Greenwood 5.
I'd almost look at up grading 1 of Beach and Keith. that is still only 6.

I don't see the point in taking in long rage picks with the club at the point of being serious. With 1st and 2nd picks gone, 3rd for Jars Jr our first is 4th rnd. forget anything outside that just speculation better to get rookie contracts, $$'s cheaper and you can cut after 1 if it's obvios they aren't gunna make it.

So I think only 1 of Shaw, Grigg and Hendo goes unless they upgrade both Beach and Keith or a gun slips to the 4th round.

Just did the Crows quiz on the AFC website
Found this question interesting. (I got it wrong)

How many players currently in Adelaide's squad came to the club via a trade or free agency?
3, 5 ,9 or 13?

Seems like a high number to me with not many toumpas' polec's duds
Jenkins, Seedsman, Hampton, Brown, Betts, Jacobs, Cheney, Lynch, Menzel, Gore, Lowden (still technically on the list)

That's 11.. who are the other 2? Even if you count Brad Crouch**, that still leaves one I can't account for.

** We didn't trade for Brad Crouch. We traded for a pick in the mini-draft, where he was subsequently drafted. Technically he was a draft selection.

Of those, Gore is looking increasingly like a dud. Lowden was a dud, and has already been delisted. The jury is still out on Seedsman, Hampton & Menzel (particularly the latter two).

Jenkins, Seedsman, Hampton, Brown, Betts, Jacobs, Cheney, Lynch, Menzel, Gore, Lowden (still technically on the list)

That's 11.. who are the other 2? Even if you count Brad Crouch**, that still leaves one I can't account for.

** We didn't trade for Brad Crouch. We traded for a pick in the mini-draft, where he was subsequently drafted. Technically he was a draft selection.

Of those, Gore is looking increasingly like a dud. Lowden was a dud, and has already been delisted. The jury is still out on Seedsman, Hampton & Menzel (particularly the latter two).

Thompson

I'll bet Greenwood is upgraded b4 Beech .......i'll be very surprised if Greenwood is not upgraded ......Beech upgrading will depend on final list spots availability, but to me he's on the same line as Lyons, maybe under him .......Keath will be interesting, not sure ? ....on talent, most definitely
I think it's unlikely that any of them will be upgraded. However, Beech is the only one of the three who could also end up being delisted. I think Keath & Greenwood will both be retained on the rookie list. I guess we'll find out in a week or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We DO have to make 3 selections at the National Draft. However, rookie upgrades count towards that total. Last year we drafted Milera & Doedee, and upgraded Kelly.

List positions filled via trading in players (even if they come from another club's rookie list) do not count towards the mandatory 3 draft selections.
Yes your right. :oops:
Forgot about Kelly, Also Forgot the rookie upgrade was done before the draft is not recorded as a draft pick anymore. but classed as the last pick.

I believe this fallacy has just grown with time ......Otten was never quick, but a very very smart footballer

He'll have suitors .....we'll agree to disagree, and see what transpires ;)
He was never quick, but the knee injuries robbed him of what mobility he did have. I think he would have played 150 games if he hadn't been injured.

I think it's unlikely that any of them will be upgraded. However, Beech is the only one of the three who could also end up being delisted. I think Keath & Greenwood will both be retained on the rookie list. I guess we'll find out in a week or two.
Then how do we fill the spots. We will have no picks to speak of after the trade period, we will be picking up kids in the 90's.

LOWDEN! I knew there was another. OK thinking out loud.

If Lyons does get traded that's 5. I think Shaw is gone so 6, if Grigg goes then 7. Then there is also Hendo 8.
I think too many spots to fill so cant see all of Shaw, Grigg and Hendo.

Assuming we get Gibbs and Rocky, hoping for FS in Ben Jarman, that is only 3 spots. Upgrade ROB and Greenwood 5.
I'd almost look at up grading 1 of Beach and Keith. that is still only 6.

I don't see the point in taking in long rage picks with the club at the point of being serious. With 1st and 2nd picks gone, 3rd for Jars Jr our first is 4th rnd. forget anything outside that just speculation better to get rookie contracts, $$'s cheaper and you can cut after 1 if it's obvios they aren't gunna make it.

So I think only 1 of Shaw, Grigg and Hendo goes unless they upgrade both Beach and Keith or a gun slips to the 4th round.
I think Shaw will stay on the list. He's already contracted for 2017 (unlike Grigg & Hendo). If he retires this year, then we have to include any payout of his 2017 contract in the 2016 salary cap - that's not a good thing. If he stays on the LTI list, then we can upgrade a rookie to take his place - that's a very good thing.

Grigg is as good as gone already. It's just a matter of how he departs. I think he'll probably be delisted. The club is obviously hoping (against the odds) that another club might trade for him - otherwise they would have delisted him at the same time as Lowden & Ramsey.

I think Shaw will stay on the list. He's already contracted for 2017 (unlike Grigg & Hendo). If he retires this year, then we have to include any payout of his 2017 contract in the 2016 salary cap - that's not a good thing. If he stays on the LTI list, then we can upgrade a rookie to take his place - that's a very good thing.

Grigg is as good as gone already. It's just a matter of how he departs. I think he'll probably be delisted. The club is obviously hoping (against the odds) that another club might trade for him - otherwise they would have delisted him at the same time as Lowden & Ramsey.
OK, didn't realize Shaw was in contracted for 2017. Why would we do that:huh: I thought it was a 1 year extension to let him have a chance after his op last year.

Then how do we fill the spots. We will have no picks to speak of after the trade period, we will be picking up kids in the 90's.
I think the club is still hoping that someone will give us something for Henderson & Grigg. Good luck with that!

I think Shaw will stay, ROB will be upgraded, and Gibbs will be added via trade. I think Henderson & Grigg will be delisted.

The equation is thus:
IN: Gibbs, ROB (rookie upgrade)
OUT: VB, Lowden, Jaensch, Henderson, Grigg

This means we would make 3x "live" selections at the National Draft. These will probably be in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounds - currently picks #53, #71, #89. They might be 1-2 picks later than that if I've miscounted the FA compensation picks handed out so far. In reality, they will probably end up being closer to #50, #65, #70, once the other clubs exhaust their selections and drop out of the draft.

and I think Shaw is too, that leaves a big hole to fill and nothing to fill it.
Shaw is contracted. If he goes, it'll only be because of doctor's recommendations, otherwise, he'll stay on and finish his contract.
EDIT: no idea why Crows offered him a two year deal at the end of last year... seemed silly at the time because of how injury prone he's been.

Agree with those 2 duds.
Still hopeful for the other 3 and I reckon Seeds is the least likely out of Hampton & Menzel
Good drafting nevertheless:thumbsu:

I think the club is still hoping that someone will give us something for Henderson & Grigg. Good luck with that!

I think Shaw will stay, ROB will be upgraded, and Gibbs will be added via trade. I think Henderson & Grigg will be delisted.

The equation is thus:
IN: Gibbs, ROB (rookie upgrade)
OUT: VB, Lowden, Jaensch, Henderson, Grigg

This means we would make 3x "live" selections at the National Draft. These will probably be in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounds - currently picks #53, #71, #89. They might be 1-2 picks later than that if I've miscounted the FA compensation picks handed out so far. In reality, they will probably end up being closer to #50, #65, #70, once the other clubs exhaust their selections and drop out of the draft.

In that scenario we surely take Jarman at 53.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back