List Mgmt. 2016 Trade & Free Agency Discussion Thread [v. 1.0]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
front loaded 5.5 over 5 years, Black + pick 11? Would be better than their compo pick surely if he were to leave next year as a free agent. Personally like it if we get an end first round draft pick for wells, to use in the draft......or am I dreaming here???

And if freo stay around the 15-16 range next year and Fyfe goes then they have screwed themselves out of way better compo than pick 11. Fyfe would get them a first rounder after thier 1st round pick, I doubt they would make the 8 and is Blacky worth the difference between say 11 and pick 5??

you know some clubs have a 100 games into their 2014 draft class and we have 0, we have to start having faith in more then blokes that have been here five years.

Yeah but durdin, evh, neilson, hibberd have all had reasonably lengthy injuries

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hibberd was 2015 draft, injuries don't change the fact just maybe give some partial reasoning.

All I'm saying is that it's not definite that these guys aren't up to it, there progress in the vfl seems to be positive, hopefully all of them hit the top side in 17

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

you know some clubs have a 100 games into their 2014 draft class and we have 0, we have to start having faith in more then blokes that have been here five years.

How is that even possible?

There has only been an absolute maximum of 52 games in that time.

Be lucky for 1 player drafted in 2014 to have played 50 games.

Touk Miller has played 40. That's the highest of anyone drafted in 2014.

When you factor injuries, our class of 14 is maybe 10-15 games behind where it possibly could be.

Given that they're mainly KPP development in the VFL isn't the worst thing in the world.

Where are they playing 50 game seasons? No wonder why we finish 8th.

How is that even possible?

There has only been an absolute maximum of 52 games in that time.

Be lucky for 1 player drafted in 2014 to have played 50 games.

Touk Miller has played 40. That's the highest of anyone drafted in 2014.

Thanks fellas, was going to post similar but then I might have been seen as "misinterpreting" a post that was a complete exaggeration.

When you factor injuries, our class of 14 is maybe 10-15 games behind where it possibly could be.

Given that they're mainly KPP development in the VFL isn't the worst thing in the world.

By the same token, our 2014 draft class:

Durdin (0 games)
Nielson (0 games)
Vickers-Willis (0 games)

Preuss (0 games)
Fordham (0 games)
Warren (0 games)

All due to injuries. Largely.

Where are they playing 50 game seasons? No wonder why we finish 8th.

2014 Draft Class means all players select by the club in 2014, let me explain this slowly as I see LtK doesn't get this too by his like:thumbsu: and we all remember his problems with a decade ago and the past decade meaning the same thing.

if a club has 5 players selected in the 2014 draft
and each of those five players have played 20 games in two seasons
their 2014 draft class has played 100 games in total

20 x 5 = 100

do you all get that?

Thanks fellas, was going to post similar but then I might have been seen as "misinterpreting" a post that was a complete exaggeration.

two misinterpretations in two days, shall we go for three tomorrow? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2014 Draft Class means all players select by the club in 2014, let me explain this slowly as I see LtK doesn't get this too by his like:thumbsu: and we all remember his problems with a decade ago and the past decade meaning the same thing.

if a club has 5 players selected in the 2014 draft
and each of those five players have played 20 games in two seasons
their 2014 draft class has played 100 games in total

20 x 5 = 100

do you all get that?

two misinterpretations in two days, shall we go for three tomorrow? ;)

In 2011 we probably had 100 games pumped into our class of 09, didn't do a whole lot though did it?

2012 8th and smacked.
2013 missed finals again.

Class of 2014 was always going to take longer to develop given we took 2 KPP and a tweener.

Opportunity will abound in 2017.

However you look at it not having one player play one single game since being picked up in 2014 is a disgrace,

How dare you misinterpret it that way ;)

good to see ya still pissed at your misinterpretation LtK, did you understand the detailed explanation? it was mainly to assist you from misinterpreting again. ;)

here is a list of each club's Draft Class numbers to help you understand further.

Melbourne 107
Collingwood 93
Western Bulldogs 90
Gold Coast 77
St Kilda 69
Adelaide 59
Brisbane 58
Fremantle 56
Geelong 50
West Coast 46
Sydney 45
Essendon 43
Richmond 41
Carlton 25
GWS 24
Port Adelaide 20
Hawthorn 18
North Melbourne 0

Last edited:
However you look at it not having one player play one single game since being picked up in 2014 is a disgrace,

Why?

We weren't gifting games given we were pushing hard for finals.

Had they been able bodied, they would have played in round 22 last year.

Are you David King?

Do you even know who these players are?

Do you understand the concept of seasons missed through injury?

Don't worry, you're obviously not the only one who missed the significance of the latter ;)

good to see ya still pissed at your misinterpretation LtK, did you understand the detailed explanation? it was mainly to assist you from misinterpreting again. ;)

here is a list of each club Draft Class numbers to help you understand further.

Melbourne 107
Collingwood 93
Western Bulldogs 90
Gold Coast 77
St Kilda 69
Adelaide 59
Brisbane 58
Fremantle 56
Geelong 50
West Coast 46
Sydney 45
Essendon 43
Richmond 41
Carlton 25
GWS 24
Port Adelaide 20
Hawthorn 18
North Melbourne 0
from that list only hawthorn have won premierships from 2014 onwards - so far... and only 2 in the top 7 mentioned have made finals.

Mate if multiple people are having the same response to your post what you're trying to say is not clear enough.

there are two ways of saying something is confusing one is to be polite like I was the other day and ask for an explanation, the other is to have four or five smartarse's think they can score an easy point, anyway does the explanation make sense to you now?

btw you are not one of those mentioned above.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back