List Mgmt. 2016 Trade & Free Agency Discussion Thread [v. 1.0]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok ok now don't get excited

Lol. How do you manage to post so much s**t so often? Your a *ingg magician.

We were talking about games of experience. You are having go at North for not getting games into the 2014 draftees for three years. In your three year period only 44 senior games plus finals could be played. In other words 2 years or 2 seasons. Who refers to 2 seasons as three years.

But let's drop it and agree to disagree. Lol.

Take your penalty and stop posting for a few days. Please.

I leave for a few days and this is the first post I read upon returning...

gavAKSk.gif
So you don't pick up from your last read message? Why do i even bother...so many gems...

Lol. How do you manage to post so much s**t so often? Your a *ingg magician.

We were talking about games of experience. You are having go at North for not getting games into the 2014 draftees for three years. In your three year period only 44 senior games plus finals could be played. In other words 2 years or 2 seasons. Who refers to 2 seasons as three years.

But let's drop it and agree to disagree. Lol.

Take your penalty and stop posting for a few days. Please.
You know what I'm going to take your advice and stop posting for a few days becouse I can't make sense of what's going on here, far out I'm sick of trying to explain my self

I just did a s**t that is less s**t than this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have many and it's great. This one may have got there faster than the others - couldn't recall a single post worth reading,
Can you pm me your list to expedite things? :$

I've always wondered about creating a board where only constructive posters were allowed and you have made me realize that that is entirely possible!

Ok back to trade news:

Matthew Lobbe set to leave Port Adelaide, looking for a new AFL club in trade market
eeafb55359e1e1d06c9594837f8f9c2e

Michelangelo Rucci, The Advertiser

September 28, 2016 7:00pm

PORT Adelaide ruckman Matthew Lobbe is searching for a new AFL club - one believing he is still a No.1 ruckman.

A year after dismissing a significant offer from the Western Bulldogs, the contracted Lobbe wants to test his value as a lead ruckman in the AFL trade market that opens on Monday week.

Lobbe, 27, left the Power’s end-of-season exit interviews at Alberton with the clear understanding lead ruck duties will be handed to Patrick Ryder on his return next season from a one-year WADA-imposed ban.

This is a dramatic change in stance from Lobbe who late this season told Radio FIVEaa he wanted to stay at Port Adelaide and was prepared to fight Ryder for the No. 1 ruck duties at the Power.

Port Adelaide is already anticipating Lobbe - who is on contract at Alberton until the end of the 2019 season - will find a new club believing the Victorian can re-establish his reputation as a No. 1 ruckman.

This has prompted the Power to look for a back-up ruckman in the trade market - such as luckless Geelong forward-ruckman Nathan Vardy, who will have to pass a medical to remain on Port Adelaide’s trade chart.

But the Power will not move - as speculated - on Western Bulldogs free-agent ruckman Will Minson in a homecoming move to Adelaide. The out-of-favour Bulldog is commanding interest from several clubs - in particular Brisbane, Gold Coast, Richmond and North Melbourne - but Port Adelaide insists the Norwood draftee is “not on our radar”.

Considering the difficulty in replacing ruckmen, Lobbe also will draw attention from the same quartet of AFL clubs - particularly from those believing a change of environment and a new challenge will revive his football fortunes.

Lobbe’s move would significantly help Port Adelaide adjust its salary cap and list-management lock after contracting several players on long-term deals.

Lobbe, a first-round draft pick (No.16) in 2007, has played 92 AFL games since his debut with the Power in 2010. But there have been just 25 in the past two seasons and just eight this year when Lobbe’s early season form was indifferent and his return to the AFL was held up by a knee injury in the SANFL.

Lobbe was on holiday in Vietnam last season when he became the late play of the AFL trade period with the Western Bulldogs prepared to match Port Adelaide’s contract - and top it with a new five-year deal. He rejected the trade.

The Bulldogs’ offer to the Power - a bundle of draft picks including a first-round call at No.11 - is unlikely to be repeated by whichever club makes a move on Lobbe this time.

All 18 clubs will meet at Etihad Stadium on Monday week at the start of the AFL trade period in which Port Adelaide will be a very active player as it seeks to revitalise its player list with draft picks. Lobbe now joins vice-captain Hamish Hartlett as prime players set to leave Alberton.

The Power is said to have as many as 13 players to present as “trade bait”.

The trade period ends at 1.30pm on Thursday, October 20.

I just did a s**t that is less s**t than this thread.
You might need some more fibre in your diet mate.

Ok back to trade news:

Matthew Lobbe set to leave Port Adelaide, looking for a new AFL club in trade market

Michelangelo Rucci, The Advertiser

September 28, 2016 7:00pm

PORT Adelaide ruckman Matthew Lobbe is searching for a new AFL club - one believing he is still a No.1 ruckman.

A year after dismissing a significant offer from the Western Bulldogs, the contracted Lobbe wants to test his value as a lead ruckman in the AFL trade market that opens on Monday week.

Lobbe, 27, left the Power’s end-of-season exit interviews at Alberton with the clear understanding lead ruck duties will be handed to Patrick Ryder on his return next season from a one-year WADA-imposed ban.

This is a dramatic change in stance from Lobbe who late this season told Radio FIVEaa he wanted to stay at Port Adelaide and was prepared to fight Ryder for the No. 1 ruck duties at the Power.

Port Adelaide is already anticipating Lobbe - who is on contract at Alberton until the end of the 2019 season - will find a new club believing the Victorian can re-establish his reputation as a No. 1 ruckman.

This has prompted the Power to look for a back-up ruckman in the trade market - such as luckless Geelong forward-ruckman Nathan Vardy, who will have to pass a medical to remain on Port Adelaide’s trade chart.

But the Power will not move - as speculated - on Western Bulldogs free-agent ruckman Will Minson in a homecoming move to Adelaide. The out-of-favour Bulldog is commanding interest from several clubs - in particular Brisbane, Gold Coast, Richmond and North Melbourne - but Port Adelaide insists the Norwood draftee is “not on our radar”.

Considering the difficulty in replacing ruckmen, Lobbe also will draw attention from the same quartet of AFL clubs - particularly from those believing a change of environment and a new challenge will revive his football fortunes.

Lobbe’s move would significantly help Port Adelaide adjust its salary cap and list-management lock after contracting several players on long-term deals.

Lobbe, a first-round draft pick (No.16) in 2007, has played 92 AFL games since his debut with the Power in 2010. But there have been just 25 in the past two seasons and just eight this year when Lobbe’s early season form was indifferent and his return to the AFL was held up by a knee injury in the SANFL.

Lobbe was on holiday in Vietnam last season when he became the late play of the AFL trade period with the Western Bulldogs prepared to match Port Adelaide’s contract - and top it with a new five-year deal. He rejected the trade.

The Bulldogs’ offer to the Power - a bundle of draft picks including a first-round call at No.11 - is unlikely to be repeated by whichever club makes a move on Lobbe this time.

All 18 clubs will meet at Etihad Stadium on Monday week at the start of the AFL trade period in which Port Adelaide will be a very active player as it seeks to revitalise its player list with draft picks. Lobbe now joins vice-captain Hamish Hartlett as prime players set to leave Alberton.

The Power is said to have as many as 13 players to present as “trade bait”.

The trade period ends at 1.30pm on Thursday, October 20.
Excellent. I wonder what happened to lobbe. Went downhill when they brought in paddy.

Was a really good ruck a few years ago. Could get him cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back