2017 - Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone has Hill out of the best 22. That may be, but I reckon the only way it will be so is if Rioli steps up. To do that, Rioli would have to cover a similar amount of ground as Hill does during the game - easier said than done.
I would rather Hill in Lecras spot but I doubt it would happen. Hill will probably be dropped to give our forward line a different balance. As much ground as he covers he still doesnt get much of the ball.

FB: Schofield Hurn Barrass
HB: Sheppard McGovern Jetta
C: Sheed Mitchell Gaff
HF: LeCras Darling Yeo
FF: Cripps Kennedy Vardy
R: Priddis Lycett Shuey

IC: Wellingham Duggan Giles Masten

I hope I am proved wrong on my exclusion of Redden.
I also hope Josh Hill can change up his game and become the fast running, hard tackling small forward he has the potential to be.

If Lecras doesn't hold his worth whithin 5 games I hope they make the brave move and give Hill [edit] or even Rioli a go.

Similarly if Jetta proves to be cooked, or if Redden or Masten don't perfom then I hope Venables gets a go early on.

Last edited:
I hope I am proved wrong on my exclusion of Redden.
I also hope Josh Hill can change up his game and become the fast running, hard tackling small forward he has the potential to be.

If Lecras doesn't hold his worth whithin 5 games I hope they make the brave move and give Brown or even Rioli a go.

Similarly if Jetta proves to be cooked, or if Redden or Masten don't perfom then I hope Venables gets a go early on.
Browns gone man .

FB: Butler McKenzie Barrass
HB: Sheppard McGovern Hurn
C: Jetta Mitchell Gaff
HF: Sheed Darling Yeo
FF: Cripps Kennedy Rioli
R: Lycett Priddis Shuey

IC: Wellingham Duggan LeCras Naitaniu / Vardy

EMG: Redden, Giles, Nelson.

EMG to the EMG: Schofield, Masten, Petrie, Partington, Cole, Hill

The backline has a great mix of experience and youth, the youth being Barrass who will monster any opposition this year. People have bagged out McKenzie after his first year back from a knee reco but I really think he will bounce back to his lock down, dominate best after we drop the stupid zone defense we ran with in 2016. It hasn't worked against the best sides and without a dominant ruck it has zero chance of working in 2017.

Mitchell in the middle with Jetta coming good will propel us into the top four together with Sheed and Duggan. Redden, Masten and Partington keeps serious the pressure on the best 8/9 mids.........and Yeo. Wellingham plays as the run with defensive mid.

Forwards, Sheed keeps Masten out of the team, Rioli at 21 yrs old adds serious X factor and keeps Lecras honest and Hill as an emergency. Look at the pace in that forward line. The slowest player is Kennedy and he chases and tackles like a demon.:thumbsu:

I've put i NickNat / Vardy as we all hope Nic can make it back late in the season. Vardy we need to step up and deliver if he doesn't.

Importantly no Giles, Petri, Masten, Schofield or Redden make our best 22.

They say the quality of a team can be seen by the quality on the bench. Look at the quality of our emergencies!!!!;):D

Needs more Petrie. He won't squib in a final or play on when he shouldn't.

Drew Petrie goals in finals:
1, 0, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1, 2, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0, 0

14 finals for 17 goals.
Took until he was 32 yrs old before he kicked more than 1 goal in a final

Jack Darling goals in finals:
1, 3, 1, 4, 2, 1, 1, 1, 2

9 finals for 16 goals.

The King reigns supreme over Petrie who's only the king of donuts in finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drew Petrie goals in finals:
1, 0, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1, 2, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0, 0

14 finals for 17 goals.
Took until he was 32 yrs old before he kicked more than 1 goal in a final

Jack Darling goals in finals:
1, 3, 1, 4, 2, 1, 1, 1, 2

9 finals for 16 goals.

The King reigns supreme over Petrie who's only the king of donuts in finals.
Ah but Petters has been stuck playing for that bunch of gimps. He'd be smashing it on the end of Priddis delivery son.

Petrie played with Simpson, you calling our head coach a gimp?
If it suits my argument, yes.

In all seriousness Darling has left himself with plenty to prove again, two seasons in a row (in spite of being good for most of the year). If he and Yeo could stop shitting the bed in big moments that would be great. It's especially annoying from JD because he stood up in that Carlton final early in his career but he's been a mental midget ever since.

Hes good at ground level, doesnt make him a crumbing forward though.
Touche with LeCras.

Hill is an opportunist as was LeCras. Emphasis on was. Hill can still make goals out of nothing. If Lecca proves me wrong that's great, but what I saw last season was a disgrace and I doubt he can.

Touche with LeCras.

Hill is an opportunist as was LeCras. Emphasis on was. Hill can still make goals out of nothing. If Lecca proves me wrong that's great, but what I saw last season was a disgrace and I doubt he can.

Neither are what we need as a crumber, Rioli is

amirite SpaceClef ?

Touche with LeCras.

still prefer lecca to hill. Both are very inconsistent but at least lecca can flat track it. Its time we cut ties with both tho and i would like to see rioli taking over from Hill, while Karpany can replace lecca as HFF that can have stints in a pocket.

still prefer lecca to hill. Both are very inconsistent but at least lecca can flat track it. Its time we cut ties with both tho and i would like to see rioli taking over from Hill, while Karpany can replace lecca as HFF that can have stints in a pocket.
Hill > Lecras 2016

I'm usually up for a good Lecca bash but to suggest Karpany is fit to shine Lecca's shoes is a massive stretch.

People get pissed at Lecca because his best is stratospheric and it hurts when he phones it in. Karpany at full Rat Power hasn't shown much more than a lazy Lecca.

Lol no. Hill had a decent first half of the year but did sfa the rest of the year. Lecca was flat tracking but still played well against the good sides.
Hill all the way, should flexibility going down back for patches of games. Was way better than Lecca over the 22 games. We'll have to agree to disagree

Remove this Banner Ad

Back