Coaching and off-field staff thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I suspect Voss and Hird will be the last blokes ever picked from outside the coaching system straight into head coach role.

I'd be happy to ask Hodge if he was interested. He might love the idea of getting out of Victoria and getting his kids some sun for a few years.

But that said, Hodgey had played his entire career under one coach - Clarko. So he won't bring a lot of 'IP' over and above what Fagan has.

Bolton, Bevo, Hardwick are similar to varying degrees - having worked with Clarko -whereas Hodge could probably bring a lot more to Dees, Cats, Crows coaching panels.

Yeah, it will be nice to have someone comfortable asking questions with a microphone at the club. I'm sure the girl who currently does the interviews offers plenty of other skills st the club but the interviews are cringe.

Yeah, it will be nice to have someone comfortable asking questions with a microphone at the club. I'm sure the girl who currently does the interviews offers plenty of other skills st the club but the interviews are cringe.

I'm pretty sure she's just recently moved to the Western Bulldogs. Josie is her replacement.

I'm pretty sure she's just recently moved to the Western Bulldogs. Josie is her replacement.

Ah. Cheers.

I don't like to sound harsh but her interviewing really did sound like my year 10 English students reading off palm cards.

In this modern era where clubs need to generate their own professional standard media content, it really stuck out like a sore thumb.

Getting people from actual broadcast backgrounds like Josie Fielder and Dom Fay is a no-brainer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Fagan just on SEN- Only on for a few minutes.

1) PP of no concern, we just want to win as many games as possible.
2) Not happy with Zorko suspension when compared with some other incidents, may challenge.
3) Dayne Beams in a bit of pain, has a local to play, nearly back to 100%.
4) On Rhys Matheison, had a chat, that's his technique since he was a boy, it all evens out.
5) Fantastic wrap for Rocky, Fages and the coaching group gave Rocky BOG and the 5 coaches votes. Rocky is very happy and enthusiastic.

They are short and sweet but I do quite like Peter Blanch's Recovery Reports. I find his no nonsense style and slightly gravelly voice quite reassuring. I kind of feel like one of our players could have two broken legs and a missing arm and Peter and the medical staff would still be a good chance to get them up for the weekend:
http://www.lions.com.au/news/2017-07-25/recovery-report-round-18

Just listened to Scott Thompsons retirement announcement to the playing group. Gee whizz, he is impressive. If he was looking at coaching i'd be thrilled of he was added to our staff in the offseason.

Does everyone stay on for 2018 or will there be changes/additions? Rarely a club would go through 2 seasons with zero coaching staff changes.

Chris Fagan, Danny Daly, Dale Tapping, Murray Davis, Ben Hudson, Jed Adcock, Mitch Hahn, Paul Henriksen, Zane Littlejohn, Scott Borlace, Luke Curran, Josh Hunt.

Heard good things about Daly, Tapping and Davis. From a career perspective I would have thought it may have been wiser for Adcock to do his apprenticeship in Melbourne. Western Bulldogs possibly.

A lot of those guys are new - Tapping, Littlejohn, Henriksen, Adcock still refining their roles.

Davis and Danny Daly have been there a while but seem to be well respected. Hahn is doing great with the Magoos. Our junior development seems to be firing, which is Henriksen, Curran and Borlace.

Unless someone gets poached by another club, would be surprised to see any unforced changes.

A lot of those guys are new - Tapping, Littlejohn, Henriksen, Adcock still refining their roles.

Davis and Danny Daly have been there a while but seem to be well respected. Hahn is doing great with the Magoos. Our junior development seems to be firing, which is Henriksen, Curran and Borlace.

Unless someone gets poached by another club, would be surprised to see any unforced changes.

It would be a great thing of down the line if our club becomes the new 'coach factory' ala Hawks of recent years. Of course we'd need some flags first:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back