Opinion Derailed Off-Topic Thread / Are You Bored With Life? discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact no one reports any of his posts, and instead impugns that we aren't doing our job, which apparently includes reading every bit of trash in every thread that gets written, is not good enough.

;)

I dont abuse anyone although I get called plenty, but I sdont really care what I get called if you havent worked that out

I am critical of players who arent performing or have no results or even staff, I am critical of the club for not getting a flag in 19 years why wouldnt I be?

There are whole threads degrading particular players and posters are far more blunt and nasty than I will ever be

Im pretty sure, I dont play favorites like this board does, you either put it on the park or you are fair game to be critical of.

Mackay and Otten are playing well at the moment they deserve their spot yet we have a large number wanting them dropped, Kelly and Hampton arent

Luckily for Hampton there are only Wigg and Greenwood in the two's showing anything, yet people want to promote Galluci who hasnt put it on the park yet.

Lever has done enough to go in , yet some wanted him in before having a kick and yet we see some saying Doedee is best 22 in a pretty damn good team that has lost bugger all games and he has never ever played a game in the big league

Talk about FanBoiz
Nah Marty.
You know what fanboi is?
Constantly going on and on about Burton.
Mackay has been s**t for a sustained amount of time and has played 2 good games... Wooopty doo.
Hampton is new to our structures and will improve. That was just about Mackay's best game and he had 4 touches in the half.
Otten deserves his spot, but lever has more talent. Eventually we will need to drop Otten when we get numbers back. He shouldn't hold out lever. He has too much potential..
So Marty please lay off this fanboi crap. Only fanboi here mate is you and love affair with Burton.

I dont abuse anyone although I get called plenty, but I sdont really care what I get called if you havent worked that out

I am critical of players who arent performing or have no results or even staff, I am critical of the club for not getting a flag in 19 years why wouldnt I be?

There are whole threads degrading particular players and posters are far more blunt and nasty than I will ever be

You're an interesting cat marty36 - you challenge opinion and create debate, just not in a way that most around here like. :thumbsu:

I am not the biggest yapper on BF but would like to respond to a couple of your claims over the last couple of days/months.

Firstly, I am guilty of ripping into both Hendo and McKay in the past (not so much on here) but I have seen enough to know they are not my preferred type of player to be in the AFC best 22. (Coaches disagree, that's why they are on the big bucks). McKay has pulled his socks up a little so far in 2017 but not enough for me to change my opinion.

I have seen about 180 mins of Hampton in the best 22 so far, while not setting the world on fire he has a season or 2 ahead to improve before my fork comes out and I make a call.

Andy Otten has blown my mind in 2017, he is a ripper bloke and was a great up and coming player before his knee. With his injury issues I had my fork in him and figured he was being kept purely for depth. Well he showed me, he is playing beyond what I thought he had left in his body even with the fork marks I left.

Comparing supporters dislikes for experienced players vs fresh faces is a little argumentative and of no value IMO.

Regarding your comments on Doedee being taught to kick, could this be an "adjustment" of his kicking action to protect his knee a little better rather than a "we recruited a first rounder that kicks like a Butcher"? (or are my suspicions correct that you are exagerating this issue to justify your disagreement with taking him with a first rounder)

Give the kid a chance to fail before using him as an example of a failed first rounder. All these kids develop differently.

Nah Marty.
You know what fanboi is?
Constantly going on and on about Burton.
Mackay has been s**t for a sustained amount of time and has played 2 good games... Wooopty doo.
Hampton is new to our structures and will improve. That was just about Mackay's best game and he had 4 touches in the half.
Otten deserves his spot, but lever has more talent. Eventually we will need to drop Otten when we get numbers back. He shouldn't hold out lever. He has too much potential..
So Marty please lay off this fanboi crap. Only fanboi here mate is you and love affair with Burton.

Sure sure a player that is appoaching 200 AFL games and pretty much won us the game on the weekend from a brilliant last qtr is crap and he has a thread degrading him but keeping going, imagine if Milera or hampton did what Mackay did in the last qtr, the board would be doing back flips, yet we have an enormous amount of critisizm . I may be critical but all justified, Hampton is playing poorly as is kelly, Doedee hasnt played in the A's ever and doesnt look like it, I watched him against the bays and though he was so so. As for Burton the guy has played five games played a blinder with 26 possesions 9 marks 12 contested and 13 pressure acts after limted football for 2 years has a strong SA link his old man was a good SANFL player so comes from peidgree has an enormous engine on him as he came from a Lifesaving background where he competed for South Australia in those ironman events, was touted as a top 5, what the F, do you think at a late first it was worth the punt, I hear the BS that his body wont hold up, his body is holding up better than teh pick we used that could have had him. We now are worried about Lever and Gov going home, we know Burton would have already been home

Mate its all common sense

Hypocrite

It's pretty damn simple, the way the board bagged hendo

If you don't want to be critical of Hampton but will be of Kelly then it's just fanboiz mentality. Hampton is struggling so is Kelly this is the second year Doedee is in the team and can't play AFL as a first round draft choice and hasn't played a game go have a look at all other draftees only one other hasn't

Say it like it is and don't play favourites, it is what it is
Don't call me a hypocrite you sad man.

Don't call me a hypocrite you sad man.

Why not because you are critical of certain players and pump up others that have proven nothing

I am a results type of person

As far as I am concerned put up or shut up. Players need to prove themselves regardless who they are or how much everyone loves them or we will be sitting here in 5 years waiting for it all to happen like we are with CEY, he has had his shot, time to move on.

Why not because you are critical of certain players and pump up others that have proven nothing

I am a results type of person

As far as I am concerned put up or shut up. Players need to prove themselves regardless who they are or how much everyone loves them or we will be sitting here in 5 years waiting for it all to happen like we are with CEY, he has had his shot, time to move on.
I'm not concerned about the kid YET. If he fails to play a game by years end then yep I'll be worried.

On Mackay, at HT were you happy with him ?? I know I wasn't, but to his credit he dug deep and played a vital role. A guy who has played his number of games doesn't deserve the same leeway that a 2nd year drafted does. That's not hypocrisy.

Hendo was the same, could play some fantastic matches but never ever enough, again he HAS to be held to a higher account than Tom Doedee.

Your definition of hypocrisy is very very bent.

Sure sure a player that is appoaching 200 AFL games and pretty much won us the game on the weekend from a brilliant last qtr is crap and he has a thread degrading him but keeping going, imagine if Milera or hampton did what Mackay did in the last qtr, the board would be doing back flips, yet we have an enormous amount of critisizm . I may be critical but all justified, Hampton is playing poorly as is kelly, Doedee hasnt played in the A's ever and doesnt look like it, I watched him against the bays and though he was so so. As for Burton the guy has played five games played a blinder with 26 possesions 9 marks 12 contested and 13 pressure acts after limted football for 2 years has a strong SA link his old man was a good SANFL player so comes from peidgree has an enormous engine on him as he came from a Lifesaving background where he competed for South Australia in those ironman events, was touted as a top 5, what the F, do you think at a late first it was worth the punt, I hear the BS that his body wont hold up, his body is holding up better than teh pick we used that could have had him. We now are worried about Lever and Gov going home, we know Burton would have already been home

Think you have confirmed your fanboidom.
Beautiful engine, surf Life saving background. You're gushing

All I am saying is criticism for Mackay is justified. Yes, he has played 2 blinders. He will keep his spot I am not calling for his head. Don't think he will do it consistently and I hope others replace him when he fails.

Otten has been good and will be unlucky to be dropped but it's only a matter of time before our structures won't require being so tall and slow, could be wrong. Lever should take his spot. Hopefully doedee can replace Kelly soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be a minefield imagine GC approaching the predicted number 1 draft pick and him advising I don't want to play in QLD and if you do draft me I will not re sign in two years. Will the AfL see that as draft tampering by threatening a club not to take him as he will leave anyway. The threat causes GC to rethink their drafting of potentially the best available talent because of the ramifications down the track

Somehow with the problems the AFL have with these team in the northern states I doubt they would let it slide

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The only solution is for the AFL to limit draftee responses or direct clubs not to ask certain questions. If asked the question, I'd argue that the draftee has a responsibility to answer honestly. Trying to suggest that amounts to tampering is absurd.

The only solution is for the AFL to limit draftee responses or direct clubs not to ask certain questions. If asked the question, I'd argue that the draftee has a responsibility to answer honestly. Trying to suggest that amounts to tampering is absurd.

How do you think AFL house would handle it, if any of the top 5 predicted players in teh draft answer honestly that they didnt want to play in QLD or NSW, full stop. We do know they have signed a contract saying if they wish to play AFL they must play where they are drafted to, so I suppose how water tight is the contract they signed.

I agree with you on MacKay. He has been great thus far this year. He also prob had a solid year last year. He will be remembered for a couple of kicks straight to opposition players in their 50, but overall he had a solid year. I feel he has stepped it up big time this year. Starting to hit the scoreboard more. It might be because he was the main run and carry two years ago. Last year he got a little help from Atkins and Cameron but this year he has Hampton, Atkins, Cameron, Milera etc all helping. Takes a bit of pressure off and frees him up. Def best 22 for me.

Doedee and Burton you can debat all day. Its way to early to make a call. Im always suspicious of SA blokes who go interstate and are passed over by both SA teams.

In the end we have seen 5 games from burton and 0 from Doedee. Doedee if not been injured probably would have played round 1 over Kelly. I'll wait a couple more years before making a decision on them. It's not fair to rule either out. Burton reminds me of Ricky Henderson though.

I don't think Hampton has been bad. Hes been ok and probably done his job. Don't forget its been 18 months since he's seen AFL footy. I know you will bring up Otten but he does have a more senior head on his shoulders than Hampton. I feel Hampton will get more involved and work into games the more the season goes on. His sidestep moves are lethal though and look similar to Cameron.

marty36 going on about the club stuffed up gettign Doedee instead of Burton, reminds me of the time the Crows were bad and the SANFL were good during the Oval move.

It must be weird being a member of a club but never supporting anything they do.

marty36 going on about the club stuffed up gettign Doedee instead of Burton, reminds me of the time the Crows were bad and the SANFL were good during the Oval move.

It must be weird being a member of a club but never supporting anything they do.

I think Pyke is a good coach, love the fact we have Tex as Captain and got Betts into the team, I like Fagan being appointed . Sloane was one of the picks of teh century. There are plenty of good things the club has done

But no point in not being critical of the bad things either, both recruiting and trading isnt top notch or we would have one thing that we have been missing for 19 years

Not happy being competitive

He clearly hasn't. Doedee looks a bust and Gall nothing special.

Doedee's SANFL year off a late start to the game and injury interrupted preseason was excellent. Certainly needs to get on the park, but looks a genuine player. Galluci looks pretty good too my eye, but way to early definitively call it either way.

Last edited:

And as for the SANFL I am south Australian I played at an SANFL club along with Amatuer league clubs I see the need to protect and fund grass roots footy in SA and the best way to do it is via an assett which the state owns. So yes I like the fact that state based footy is benefiting from our States assets. The more money the Crows or Port make will be distributed through the equalisation fund out of our state to teams in NSW, QLD and Vic as directed by the AFL, so keeping it for our state may be selfish but I support the state first

How do you think AFL house would handle it, if any of the top 5 predicted players in teh draft answer honestly that they didnt want to play in QLD or NSW, full stop. We do know they have signed a contract saying if they wish to play AFL they must play where they are drafted to, so I suppose how water tight is the contract they signed.

That's right, they've signed a contract saying they'll play where they're drafted or they can sit out and not play at all. That's a given and everyone understands that and it's the end of their contractual obligations upon entering the draft. Being interviewed by clubs is completely separate to this and is not an addendum to a yet to be fulfilled contract. Clubs choose what questions to ask the players and I have no doubt that they expect honest answers. You're trying to suggest that players shouldn't be allowed to be honest if they're asked whether they'd see themselves as a long term Brisbane, Sydney player. You're trying to say that if they don't say yes, then they're draft tampering. Do you know how stupid that is, I mean only a child could think this way. What would be the point of asking that question in the interview if the AFL demanded every player say yes otherwise they'd be charged with draft tampering.

You are getting mixed up with a previous case where a player sent a letter to a club (or clubs) saying that if they drafted him, he'd sit out the year so they'd be wasting their pick. That is draft tampering, not answering honestly to a question posed by a recruiter. The difference is so freaking obvious, why can't you get it through your head.

That's right, they've signed a contract saying they'll play where they're drafted or they can sit out and not play at all. That's a given and everyone understands that and it's the end of their contractual obligations upon entering the draft. Being interviewed by clubs is completely separate to this and is not an addendum to a yet to be fulfilled contract. Clubs choose what questions to ask the players and I have no doubt that they expect honest answers. You're trying to suggest that players shouldn't be allowed to be honest if they're asked whether they'd see themselves as a long term Brisbane, Sydney player. You're trying to say that if they don't say yes, then they're draft tampering. Do you know how stupid that is, I mean only a child could think this way. What would be the point of asking that question in the interview if the AFL demanded every player say yes otherwise they'd be charged with draft tampering.

You are getting mixed up with a previous case where a player sent a letter to a club (or clubs) saying that if they drafted him, he'd sit out the year so they'd be wasting their pick. That is draft tampering, not answering honestly to a question posed by a recruiter. The difference is so freaking obvious, why can't you get it through your head.

The fact that if GC interviewed a number of lads and he advised his preference was not to move to the gold coast and prefered to stay in Melbourne, I have no doubt this would be reported to the AFL. If this was the case this year and Mcgrath, tarranto, Mcluggage and Aisnworth had said this to GC. What would the AFL have done, it would have been unfair on GC to take the punt on picking a player that didnt want to be there, the AFL would have two options take out a penalty or compensate GC for not being confident in picking up the perceived best talent in the country.

The fact that the teams most likely to be disadvantaged are those non footy states flys in the AFL's face

I here honesty is the best answer you are right, but how do the AFL make an even comp if all teams arent equal on being able to get the best talent.

The draft is one measure but it gets deeper, the increased Salary cap and Acadamy picks are one way of evening it up which is in place but to have the best talent to turn around and say that, might mean more equalisation is required, we already have squeeling over compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back