Competitions 2017 Fantasy Football Questions & Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

In my team I've got 12 $500K+ players at the moment. I don't want to be relying on mid pricers but it means I have to nail most of my rookie picks.
Rookies are going to be pretty tough to pick, will be watching with pre season games keenly. I've gone for mostly guys that are underpriced but should still get high scores

Rookies are going to be pretty tough to pick, will be watching with pre season games keenly. I've gone for mostly guys that are underpriced but should still get high scores
Lots of value (and risk) in the mids. Fyfe, Beams, D. Swallow, O'Meara, Heppell, Myers...even Rockliff and Bont at $600k and $580k are potentially underpriced. Libba too.

Yep and don't forget Jobe he is incredibly underpriced
Yeah, of course. Not sure he's worth it unless he ends up in the vicinity of 110...don't think that'll happen. But who knows. Strikes me as one of those cheap M8s you pick up at the start of the season, not sure he's cheap enough for that though, especially with all the value around

Yeah, of course. Not sure he's worth it unless he ends up in the vicinity of 110...don't think that'll happen. But who knows. Strikes me as one of those cheap M8s you pick up at the start of the season, not sure he's cheap enough for that though, especially with all the value around
In his range he hasn't got the injury cloud that others do and if he spends more time forward that could really help his scores aswell

In his range he hasn't got the injury cloud that others do and if he spends more time forward that could really help his scores aswell
You mean, forward instead of the bench? Or instead of the middle? All we've been hearing/seeing points to him staying put.

But, fair enough, could be a really good pick. I'm maybe 20/80 on him right now, could change over preseason...

My big risks are Paul Ahern, Jamie Elliott and Jarryd Roughead.

My current bench:

EVW, Luke Ryan (emg), SPP (emg), Brandan Parfitt, Robbie Fox (emg), Oscar McInerney, Paul Ahern, Brett Eddy (emg)

My current bench:

EVW, Luke Ryan (emg), SPP (emg), Brandan Parfitt, Robbie Fox (emg), Oscar McInerney, Paul Ahern, Brett Eddy (emg)
I'm pretty sure Ahern won't be ready early in the year was sure he hurt his knee late last year. Elliot I may end up grabbing he could be a great pick

I'm pretty sure Ahern won't be ready early in the year was sure he hurt his knee late last year. Elliot I may end up grabbing he could be a great pick
Yeah, I just can't find rookie forwards I like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My current bench:

Ahern's not a risk per se...he's out for the entirety of 2017 with a knee. ;)

Bit early to get too attached to rookies, but what I have at the moment is:
Ryan / Newman / Hibberd Jr / Stewart
(Myers) / SPP / Graham / Berry / Bowes
Strnadica
Ainsworth / McClug / Pickett / Black / Eddy

IIRC. Someone cheaper than Bowes/Ainsworth/McClug will make a claim I'm sure.

Ahern's not a risk per se...he's out for the entirety of 2017 with a knee. ;)

Bit early to get too attached to rookies, but what I have at the moment is:
Ryan / Newman / Hibberd Jr / Stewart
(Myers) / SPP / Graham / Berry / Bowes
Strnadica
Ainsworth / McClug / Pickett / Black / Eddy

IIRC. Someone cheaper than Bowes/Ainsworth/McClug will make a claim I'm sure.
Well... I'll find someone. Probably go with Black. I'd hold off on Stewart, not sure how good he'll be. Was impressive in VFL but not sure if it translates to AFL level.
Corey Lyons might be a good get if he impresses in the pre season games
Not keen on Lyons honestly. It's a pretty bare cupboard right now.

Well... I'll find someone. Probably go with Black. I'd hold off on Stewart, not sure how good he'll be. Was impressive in VFL but not sure if it translates to AFL level.

Not keen on Lyons honestly. It's a pretty bare cupboard right now.
Plenty of others there that may or may not put their hand up. I seem to remember you being a Darcy Cameron fanboy for the past few years? :p

Plenty of others there that may or may not put their hand up. I seem to remember you being a Darcy Cameron fanboy for the past few years? :p
I can't see Cameron getting a gig honestly. Tippett will play forward with Buddy and Reid, Naismith I reckon will get first gig for the ruck

I had a look at the players and have come away realising I know next to nothing about the rookies and many of the cheaper options like the 2nd year players who didn't get a gig last year.

Oh well, might have to select my team by throwing darts at the rookie/cheap players to work out who I pick, then after the pre season comp compare against all the "Rate My Team" teams on FanFooty or something.

I had a look at the players and have come away realising I know next to nothing about the rookies and many of the cheaper options like the 2nd year players who didn't get a gig last year.

Oh well, might have to select my team by throwing darts at the rookie/cheap players to work out who I pick, then after the pre season comp compare against all the "Rate My Team" teams on FanFooty or something.
When I finish work I'll do a write up on the draftees on how relevant they could be in SuperCoach, ect. It's actually pretty tough this year so your not alone in finding those good cheap options

Remove this Banner Ad

Back