No Oppo Supporters 2017 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we do a better job of hiding it than Never Tear Us Apart.
Yeah not sure why it's so embarrassing - they play it during one of the quarter time breaks when nothing is happening and most people are off getting re-hydrated.

Some of the crowd get in on it, some don't and they promptly stop it as soon as the game starts. No priority or emphasis given to it.

Unlike never tear us apart just before the opening bounce and the whole stadium lit up in it.

Bombers going to be 'active in the trade market' this year apparently. Will be interesting to watch considering how utterly ridiculous they are to trade with.

If they will give us Connor McKenna that would be much appreciated.

If they will give us Connor McKenna that would be much appreciated.

Yes they are woeful in Trade Week. Although he was rendered ineffective on Saturday, McKenna has considerable upside and he'd be welcomed on our list. However they would want a Paps type player in return which is not negotiable.

Yes they are woeful in Trade Week. Although he was rendered ineffective on Saturday, McKenna has considerable upside and he'd be welcomed on our list. However they would want a Paps type player in return which is not negotiable.

Was only a half serious post lol- McKenna would cost the farm to be honest. Personally rather trade with other clubs.

Yeah not sure why it's so embarrassing - they play it during one of the quarter time breaks when nothing is happening and most people are off getting re-hydrated.

Some of the crowd get in on it, some don't and they promptly stop it as soon as the game starts. No priority or emphasis given to it.

Unlike never tear us apart just before the opening bounce and the whole stadium lit up in it.
Fair point.

My issue is more that they just started playing it one day seemingly out of nowhere and kept force-feeding it to us until a large enough group started singing along.

There seems to be zero reason/relevance for playing that particular song.

Harmless I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I have a strong case for hating that song more than anyone. Considering every time the 'sweet Caroline' bit comes on, whoever I'm with at the game will poke me or sing to me.. every bloody time.

You have the Board's commiserations.

I once made the error of taking my favourite ex Mrs Bloodied52 to the Swans v Tiges at the G when we came from way behind to go down by a point (courtesy of Hilton behind - their only score in Q4). When their theme song came on after the siren, my mate and I sang the alternate lyrics - "Oh we're from Liquorland".

In retrospect it was the beginning of the end.

Like we can talk. The Sweet Caroline sing-along is embarassing.
It is played at Red Sox games and many other American sports grounds.
I seem to remember Ted Richards talking about it in an interview how he liked hearing it.

It is played at Red Sox games and many other American sports grounds.
I seem to remember Ted Richards talking about it in an interview how he liked hearing it.

hmmn... went to Fenway Park year.. put up with the song as the good guys won. Boston is an ace joint.

Port sing INXS because it means something to them. I don't know the exact reason why they picked that song but it's a tradition which the Port fans chose.

We sing Sweet Caroline because some American team did it first and our marketers thought it would be a nice idea to copy. I hate that Sweet Caroline gets played at every game because not only does it mean nothing to us it's a blatant copy of another clubs culture.

Seem to be playing shake it off before the bounce at half time too. Please stop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back