2017 Grand Final - Who wears the clash jumper?

Who should have to wear the Clash jumper for GF (hypothetical at this stage)

• Adelaide

Votes: 109 17.5%
  • Richmond

Votes: 514 82.5%
  • GWS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't for what was to be anticipated 1 grand final. For the second one, they should've.
Again, why?

The colours clashing doesn't suddenly disappear if teams play two weeks consecutively. Collingwood were still the higher qualifying team.

Eddie McGuire and Fox Footy having a MASSIVE whinge about it right now.

It's alright Ed, Collingwood won't be making a GF for awhile and so you won't have to worry about it.

Poor Ed, what a travesty it would be if they had to wear their white jumper in a grand final like they did for 90 odd years.

Adelaide-2017.gif

Richmond-Clash-2017.gif

Heh, my Richmond-supporting in-law just said they should go on in their home jumpers and dare the AFL to do anything more than fine them for it. Would laugh if that happened. :p
Oh they would, 5K per player and a club fine of an indeterminable amount is the rumoured infraction for ******* it up on GF day. AFL would rip them a new one in fines.

Again, why?

The colours clashing doesn't suddenly disappear if teams play two weeks consecutively. Collingwood were still the higher qualifying team.
Because it's fair that for the unexpected replay (a two game series). St Kilda should've had the opportunity to wear their home colours.

This, as opposed to St Kilda being treated as second class citizens because your president is a sook and you weren't good enough to get the job done in one attempt.

Because it's fair that for the unexpected replay (a two game series). St Kilda should've had the opportunity to wear their home colours.

This, as opposed to St Kilda being treated as second class citizens because your president is a sook and you weren't good enough to get the job done in one attempt.
How does it change which team qualified higher? It doesn't.

St Kilda should've won an extra game in 2010 if they wanted to wear the home kit.

Surprised the VFL decided this (albeit correct decision). I suppose it will even itself out when they find Cotchin did absolutely nothing wrong and can play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh they would, 5K per player and a club fine of an indeterminable amount is the rumoured infraction for ******* it up on GF day. AFL would rip them a new one in fines.
Hey, I'm happy for them to pay for giving me a laugh like that. ;)

How does it change which team qualified higher? It doesn't.

St Kilda should've won an extra game in 2010 if they wanted to wear the home kit.
**** Me. You've done well to waste my time jibbering away with you.

Ok. In what is anticipated to be a one off final. Reasonable and intelligent people would understand and consider it fair and impartial to allow the higher ranked team the status of the "home team". This means wearing what is considered their home colours, and having their name placed higher in the scoreboard. Inconsequential things like that.

However, in anticipation of a two game series (which is what 2010 ended up being). Reasonable and intelligent people would consider it fair and impartial to allow the lower ranked team the opportunity to be called the home team in the second game.

Reasonable and intelligent people understand it's not an actual home game for either side. It's just a matter of how to conduct the pageantry around it.

Had there been two draws and a third game was required. Then the higher ranked team can revert to being considered the home team for that third game. That's what people who are considered reasonable and intelligent should think is fair.

People who are not intelligent on the other hand....

Shows how out of touch polo Gil is and his elitist friends. First he stuffs up by making AFL a political organisation by getting involved in gay marriage, and now he fabricates a clash that doesn't exist and ignores wishes of his constituents.

I am a Carlton supporter. I offered $250 of my own money to help pay any fine if Richmond is willing to stand up to out of touch elitist Gil. Gil, Richmond represents more than you can possibly imagine, make it $350. What's the bet PoloGil has never seen replay of 1967 gfinal let alone 1980. Out of touch. No feel for romance of game. Making it a product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back