2017 Grand Final - Who wears the clash jumper?

Who should have to wear the Clash jumper for GF (hypothetical at this stage)

• Adelaide

Votes: 109 17.5%
  • Richmond

Votes: 514 82.5%
  • GWS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bring-Back-Powell

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2005
Seattle
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners
Should this GF occur (and this scenario will only strengthen should the Tigers beat Geelong) I can see this being a massive controversy as one club needs to wear their clash jumper, as they have done so since 2014 or even earlier.

Adelaide would argue that they would deserve to nominate their choice of jumper as they are the higher ranking side. It would be highly likely they choose their traditional home jumper.

Richmond on the other hand would argue that the MCG is their home ground and therefore they should wear their home jumper. Plus, they would be fighting tooth and nail for their members and citing their heritage, history and the fact that they've been in the league far longer than Adelaide.

For mine, Adelaide should wear the home jumper, should they want to wear it.

adelaide should get preference, and hypothetically, we should have to wear the road strip.

but i can't see the afl putting richmond in the yellow strip for a potential grand final.
is there a way both teams could wear home jumpers? with short combinations?
put richmond in white shorts

Adelaide have every right to their home jumper. Finished on top, and (should they qualify) will qualify through the first preliminary final. That's both interpretations that have been used in the past. If we were playing in the GF, I'd love to be wearing our home jumper, but I'd also accept the players wearing potato sacks if that's what it takes.

Top team at the end of the regular season should have home guernsey.

No doubt.

But then again Richmond are an AFL love child, so the Crows will get screwed over.

Ive always been a bit confused with it all

1997 was a long time ago but Crows wore white shorts, yet the official match wad Adelaide v St Kilda as if Crows were the 'home' team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's terrible if Richmond get there and don't get to wear their home jumper

But it wouldn't be for Adelaide?

For what it's worth I actually did think this morning I hope we play Geelong so we can wear our home without a worry (and to see Dangerflop's face when they lose!)

There is no way known if Richmond make the grand final ,they will wear a clashstrip.

Gil's head will be on a stump if that happened.
i love this, i feel as though you, like me know adelaide would have every right, and we should wear our clash strip.

but know the afl wouldn't do it.

So his head on a stump at punt rd or at adelaide. You leave him a tough choice.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It'll certainly be a point of contention if it comes to this but people need to get their head out of the sand and stop believing that clashes don't happen.

Soccer teams have been wearing 'change' kits for forty years, and in major continental finals, World Cup finals even. They just change into their home jumpers for the presentation. All good.

Just depends if the AFL have the stones to put one team (which should be, in this case, Richmond due to ladder positions) in a clash jumper. I'm not so sure they do.

But it wouldn't be for Adelaide?

For what it's worth I actually did think this morning I hope we play Geelong so we can wear our home without a worry (and to see Dangerflop's face when they lose!)
It'd be a disaster if Adelaide wore a clash jumper as well. They've got 26 years of tradition and has plenty of success in their own right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back