Analysis 2017 List Management Discussion - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been asking this question for while....(how Gibbs staying affects our ability to trade in)

Barras said we will trade early and we have been heavily linked to Smith and Kennedy

What if....(its a big if) we have identified a mid in the draft who will be available in the 10-15 that's suits our needs

We trade out pick 3 to Melbourne for 10 & 28

Keep 10 (for a Brayshaw type) and use 28 and next years second for Kennedy and Smith and a late second/3rd rounder this year

Turn pick 3 into Brayshaw (or similar), Kennedy and smith

Add Rocky.....

Mmmmm.......finals.....
3d278ebd99ef91a53abf6d1b192d67c7.jpg

What's everyone's thoughts on Steve Motlop? Only 26 and could add some pace/silkiness into the midfield as well as hit the scoreboard? In and out of a Top 3 side all year, a fresh start and a different culture might be the best thing for him. He is arguably as good as Betts was when we let him go as a FA.

No just No and not sure if serious on the 2nd part.

I recall a previous poster saying he likes D. Fogarty. Don't recall what his source was. Had big raps on him at start of season, but apparently has gone off the radar at bit this season due to a knee injury. Didn't play that well in the Champs.
That and the other comment about not rating Rayner came from a new poster who is now banned. The same poster who came up with the mega Rumor a few weeks back involving Kelly to Carlton, Docherty to Captain, etc.etc.

What's everyone's thoughts on Steve Motlop? Only 26 and could add some pace/silkiness into the midfield as well as hit the scoreboard? In and out of a Top 3 side all year, a fresh start and a different culture might be the best thing for him. He is arguably as good as Betts was when we let him go as a FA.
Really can't understand these calls for Flashy Burst players like Motlop & Saad. We have Pickett & SPS to cover that role, and the last thing we need is more. Motlop frequently goes missing. We desperately need more gut running, hard working, consistent & dependable mids, especially if Gibbs is traded.

IMO Gibbs will ask to be traded.

So Gibbs and 2018 2nd round pick for pick 10 and 17

Pick 10 to GWS for Kennedy, Smith, Griffen and pick 25

3rd and 4th round pick to GCS for Saad and Nicholls

FA Rockliff

Draft Rayner (3), Allen (17), Hayes or Coleman- Jones (25)

B Plowman Jones Marchbank
HB Saad Weitering Docherty
C Williamson Cripps SPS
HF Murphy Curnow Smith
F Silvagni Casboult Pickett
R Kreuzer Kennedy Rockliff
INT Simpson Cunningham Fisher

Should we throw in Patton as well?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really can't understand these calls for Flashy Burst players like Motlop & Saad. We have Pickett & SPS to cover that role

Not wanting Motlop is fine - I agree with that 100% - but I have no idea why you've thrown SPS into the comparison.

He's nothing like the other trio.

Not wanting Motlop is fine - I agree with that 100% - but I have no idea why you've thrown SPS into the comparison.

He's nothing like the other trio.
I'll re-phrase that to clarify.
Not knocking SPS (or Picket), just saying we don't need Saad or Motlop, who is IMHO lazy and plays in bursts, as we have Pickett & SPS who would cover the role that Motlop would be brought in to play. Saad we don't need as he has dodgey hamstrings, and we have other line breakers.

Aaron Hall now... not sure how we fit them all in

Yeah right. Aaron Hall. :)

3 players and a maximum of 4 (one may be a salary dump)
Only a Gibbs trade and some 'too good to be true' scenarios would have us looking at more players, I feel.

3-4 players at the trade table. 3-4 at the ND and maybe 1-2 Rookie drafted.
Reckon that would see us through.

Yeah right. Aaron Hall. :)

3 players and a maximum of 4 (one may be a salary dump)
Only a Gibbs trade and some 'too good to be true' scenarios would have us looking at more players, I feel.

3-4 players at the trade table. 3-4 at the ND and maybe 1-2 Rookie drafted.
Reckon that would see us through.

Trade whisperer reporting it so not sure how much to believe.. Hall has apparently requested a trade to Melbourne and we are in the box seat. He is a quality player, but i am worried that we would be upsetting our playing group bringing in too many players at once.

Trade whisperer reporting it so not sure how much to believe.. Hall has apparently requested a trade to Melbourne and we are in the box seat. He is a quality player, but i am worried that we would be upsetting our playing group bringing in too many players at once.

You misspelled quality
Here you go
CONDITIONAL

I think you will find if you re-read what I posted you will find at no point did I say I don't want a flag.
My point was I do not want the culture and thinking that leads to only winning a single flag. A club run brilliantly well and planned well , can achieve multiple flags for a group of players is what a great club should be looking to go for. Lets not lower our aim to what other clubs accept of the expectations of just one flag in 18 years.

Furthermore, I doubt SOS is silly enough to make the mistake as the guy planning how we manage our list.
We are in great hands.

I did read more of your posts and i understand your point and i agree, i want a long sustained assault on premierships. My point was though in relation to you wanting 3-4 flags in a decade (of course i want this) that lots of clubs do everything right list wise, culture wise and still only get 1 or 2. The Hawks who are the benchmark were very lucky to get 4 and i don't think this will happen often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back