Club Mgmt. 2017 Membership Thread - 67,770 - Final Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone else get a double up of scarfs? I got a sms about a week and a half ago saying "sorry about the delay of scarfs, you will receive yours shortly"(or something like that).

I ignored it because I assumed the sms thingo was stuffing up again.

Two days later I got my 2nd scarf.

The exact same thing happened to my brother..

Sew the 2 scarves together and it will make 1 normal length scarf instead of 2 half length scarves.

Please Note: I know we had a bad year financially last year, but did they really have to cut down our scarves?

I signed up the other day because of this thread #grouphug

I signed up to this forum so I could like this

giphy.gif

The two aren't mutually exclusive, I signed up to the forum and as a member

Ohhhhh, got you! I misread ;)

(I just really wanted to use that gif)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trickling along.

You'd imagine the club will do an Eddie and bump the numbers up to 65k if it looks like we will fall short

13 days til Anzac Day with 2422 needed for 65k. 187 members per day to reach that milestone, but with the Easter weekend people won't buy over that period. Think we'll be a few 100 short.

13 days til Anzac Day with 2422 needed for 65k. 187 members per day to reach that milestone, but with the Easter weekend people won't buy over that period. Think we'll be a few 100 short.

a loss to lolcarlton and a follow app ass whooping by the crows will stem the flow.

Doubt well get anywhere near 65k before anzac day.

I might be on my own here but to me this is incredibly disappointing.

With the AFL and the players arguing over who should get the bigger slice of the CBA its apparent that the members and supporters are getting exploited!

People say that without the players the game doesn't exist, but the same can be said of us that follow the game and spend our hard earned $$$

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...s/news-story/73731a0c6a66adbc26a30ddffb843713

Essendon criticised for price hike on Anzac Day tickets

FOOTY fans have criticised Essendon and the AFL after ticket prices for next week’s Anzac Day game were increased by up to 80 per cent.

The Bombers have used the AFL’s contentious dynamic pricing which permits home clubs to set their own prices to list some level four seats at $72, up from $40 in 2016.

It comes amid renewed calls for the Anzac Day clash to be made a “declared event’’ to punish scalpers as online resale sites list tickets to Tuesday’s match for up to $458.

AFL Fans’ Association president Gerry Eeman said more consumer protection was needed for fans buying tickets to the biggest home-and-away match of the season.

“We’ve raised it as an issue, at present nothing has been done about it,’’ he said.

f46d15bb733cf2985005c8274efc1a1a

Fans will have to fork out to see Dyson Heppell and Scott Pendlebury on Anzac Day. Picture: Michael KleinSource:News Corp Australia

“Any game that consistently sells out deserves to be better protected.’’

The AFL seat pricing guide for Tuesday’s Essendon-Collingwood blockbuster lists Level 2A goal seats at $77, up $32.

Level 2A wing seats cost $77, up $27, Level 1 wing seats are $82, up $27, and Level 2 wing/goal tickets are $87, up $17.

Collingwood last year froze Anzac Day prices when it was a Pies’ home game.

But the Bombers have dramatically increased seat costs as fans rush to see a full-strength line-up after years of pain due to the Essendon supplements scandal.

Mr Eeman said the AFL needed to reassess if its variable pricing strategy was working.

87d970972bd12bdafb42dc03a2e5cfcc

Prices for the Anzac Day match are expected to increase even more in coming days. Picture: GettySource:Getty Images

“Simply put, it’s good to have a mechanism to resell tickets but you shouldn’t be able to sell them for more than face value,’’ he said.

“Anything above that is legalised scalping.’’

Despite a disastrous start to the season, Hawthorn increased its reserved seat prices by $12 for its Easter Monday game against Geelong, pushing Level 1 seats to $72-$77, compared to $55-$60 last year.

Level 2 tickets on the wing at Monday’s lopsided Cats victory over the Hawks at the MCG sold for $82.

Prices for the Anzac Day match are expected to increase even more online in coming days with the match likely to sell out.

peter.rolfe@news.com.au

@rolfep

Originally published as Bombers slug fans with Anzac ticket hike

Remove this Banner Ad

Back