2017 Non Crows AFL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No shortage of drugs in jail
But not what he needs to function.

He will also be subject to urine tests once given parole, after a few breaches he will have another holiday.

he had an opportunity to take Drug Court yet he didn't want to be subject to the testing regime of that either. He has been jailed for the communities safety as well as that of his ex and kids

Has there ever been more hype attached a player who has played only 1 game? Salt and pepper the next coming of Gary Ablett Jnr it seems.

Mick needs to stop talking like some sort of sage. What a load of dribble.

West Coast can't win the premiership with Mitchell.
Melbourne can't win the premiership with Lewis.

Bulldust, those two guys might be the reason these teams win the premiership - before they retire.

I also notice this guru has one of the strangest top 8s I have seen for 2017:

GWS Giants
Hawthorn
Geelong
St Kilda
Sydney
Collingwood
Western Bulldogs
West Coast

These guys are hilarious. The dissect everything like they have some sort of insight us mere mortals cannot comprehend ... but actually they are just unable to approach a season with any sort of an open mind. They are stuck in their own heads about how smart they are.

Look at the predictions for 2016 from AFL.com.au, not one had us in the 8.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-24/crystal-ball-predictions-for-2016

Mick lost his s**t several years ago

But not what he needs to function.

He will also be subject to urine tests once given parole, after a few breaches he will have another holiday.

he had an opportunity to take Drug Court yet he didn't want to be subject to the testing regime of that either. He has been jailed for the communities safety as well as that of his ex and kids

I hope jail gets him right. He'll be a celebrity in there so he should be fine. If they can stop him getting drugs he might finally end up clean. Not sure that'll be enough to stop him getting back on the junk when he gets out though.

I hope jail gets him right. He'll be a celebrity in there so he should be fine. If they can stop him getting drugs he might finally end up clean. Not sure that'll be enough to stop him getting back on the junk when he gets out though.

Depends on the rehabilitation he willingly undergoes in jail. Statistically research suggest Ben is likely to fall straight back into old habits. Lets hope he finds the right crowd in jail and doesn't fall in with gangs and the drugies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What ranks higher on your give-a-shitometer?

Ben Cousins ongoing issues

Or the Essendon drugs saga?
Actually, the Essendon drugs saga does register a tad, because an entire football club is still in denial. The bit that causes the meter to rise is that they still believe they did nothing wrong, and it's that whole 'but we are Essendon and we're untouchable' mentality which agitates the needle (pun intended) the most.

My empathy for both however remains deadset equal, registering nil, zero, naught, donuts, nothing, zilch.

So is this China Southern sponsorship a thing yet?

Port "today" announced that Cathay Pacific have joined them as a Premier Partner and Fiveaa (their sponsor) have gone to great lengths to promote it, but here's the thing, they actually announced the same thing in December!

Screenshot_177.png

Screenshot_178.png

Nothing new was announced today, it looks like they are worried that our China plan might have already resulted in more actual sponsorship $$$ than their plan and are spinning very hard.

Why else would they re-announce this old news, a day after the China Southern rumours surfaced?

Actually, the Essendon drugs saga does register a tad, because an entire football club is still in denial. The bit that causes the meter to rise is that they still believe they did nothing wrong, and it's that whole 'but we are Essendon and we're untouchable' mentality which agitates the needle (pun intended) the most.

My empathy for both however remains deadset equal, registering nil, zero, naught, donuts, nothing, zilch.

You know whats beautiful?

Essendon are going to smash Brisbane and then Carlton over the next two weeks.

And then they come to Adelaide and we get to destroy all the hype they've built in a 100 point thrashing.

It will be almost as good as destroying Ports hype the week before.

We will have derailed the 3 runaway hype trains of 2017 within the first 4 rounds.

Port "today" announced that Cathay Pacific have joined them as a Premier Partner and Fiveaa (their sponsor) have gone to great lengths to promote it, but here's the thing, they actually announced the same thing in December!

View attachment 350905

View attachment 350906

Nothing new was announced today, it looks like they are worried that our China plan might have already resulted in more actual sponsorship $$$ than their plan and are spinning very hard.

Why else would they re-announce this old news, a day after the China Southern rumours surfaced?
This had me a tad confused as well. I be all like HUH?!?

View attachment 350905

View attachment 350906

Carefully worded as "travel partner"
Maybe it's increased coz more freeloaders are going than paying supporters

I think that was the reason for good old LR's pre-emptive post today.

Fair bit of

View attachment 350915
Hahahaha

They've announced all of these match partners and whatever else, but where are the sponsorship dollars? they aren't worried about that, we've been told that all takes time, build relationships first.

If we come out and announce a big sponsorship with a Chinese company, one with China in their name, sponsorship dollars, spend it how we like, would be pretty embarrassing for them. I hope its true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back