Lemmens Schade Joyce
Scrimshaw Leslie Schoenfield
Shaw Lonergan Rischitelli
Ah Chee Davis Scheer
Matera Currie Sexton

Nicholls Brodie Hallahan

Willis Grant Macpherson Brooksby

Pretty much spot on.
Would argue Nichols would have first crack at Rd 1 in ruck. but will likely be dependent on who's in better form throughout the year.

Ainsworth and Bowes are the most logical ins from our draftees. but feel ah chee would be fighting for one of those 2 spots.

And with versatility being the current flavour of the competition Day is all but guaranteed a spot on the bench.

The best part about this team is the depth. injuries will hurt us less and when ablett/swallow or any mids/flankers move on in the years to come we've got them covered.

Pretty much spot on.
Would argue Nichols would have first crack at Rd 1 in ruck. but will likely be dependent on who's in better form throughout the year.

Ainsworth and Bowes are the most logical ins from our draftees. but feel ah chee would be fighting for one of those 2 spots.

And with versatility being the current flavour of the competition Day is all but guaranteed a spot on the bench.

The best part about this team is the depth. injuries will hurt us less and when ablett/swallow or any mids/flankers move on in the years to come we've got them covered.
The ruck will be interesting.. Nicholls has 'potential' but hasnt shown alot. Witts was banging down the door in the VFL so i put him in first.

Matera, Shaw, Lonergan, Hallahan, Lemmens need to prove themselves. Sick of seeing these guys take the piss at the top level. Would rather see us blood the super crop then keep gifting these guys unwarranted games - Matera a little less then the others. he had a 7 game stretch last year that he deserves credit for.

The ruck will be interesting.. Nicholls has 'potential' but hasnt shown alot. Witts was banging down the door in the VFL so i put him in first.

Matera, Shaw, Lonergan, Hallahan, Lemmens need to prove themselves. Sick of seeing these guys take the piss at the top level. Would rather see us blood the super crop then keep gifting these guys unwarranted games - Matera a little less then the others. he had a 7 game stretch last year that he deserves credit for.

During that stretch he resembled an AFL player and that was over 12 months ago. He should be exiled to the NEAFL unless he absolutely knocks the door off his hinges with great form. He's all out of credits in my book...

McKenzie May Saad
Harbrow Thompson KK
Hanley Miller Barlow
Martin Lynch Lyons
Ainsworth Wright Ablett

Witts Hall Swallow

Fiorini Day Rosa Bowes

Lemmens Schade Joyce
Scrimshaw Leslie Schoenfield
Shaw Lonergan Rischitelli
Ah Chee Davis Scheer
Matera Currie Sexton

Nicholls Brodie Hallahan

Willis Grant Macpherson Brooksby
Wow that team looks great

During that stretch he resembled an AFL player and that was over 12 months ago. He should be exiled to the NEAFL unless he absolutely knocks the door off his hinges with great form. He's all out of credits in my book...
I have the same opinion. He had a stretch of games where he was AFL quality (basically, he had a stretch of seven games where he met the minimum standard we should expect). He didn't set the world on fire in those games at all, only that he finally looked to be putting in an effort. His entire game and the way he goes about his football smacks of laziness from my perspective. I would love for him to prove me wrong, though - he definitely has the talent, but his work ethic is questionable.

afl
b: harbrow, thompson, saad
hb: hanley, may, kolodjashnij
c: lyons, ablett, hall
hf: martin, lynch, barlow
f: ainsworth, wright, day
r: nicholls, miller, swallow
i/c: mckenzie, sexton, fiorini, rosa

neafl
b: joyce, brooksby/schade*, willis
hb: lemmens, leslie, scrimshaw
c: bowes, lonergan, shaw
hf: macpherson, grant, ah chee
f: matera, currie, davis
r: witts, hallahan, brodie
i/c: scheer, schoenfeld, rookie pick~

injured: rischitelli
* i'm assuming we rookie one of brooksby and schade, not both.
~ if we take one of the above, i believe we've got one more spot for a rookie.

based on the current state of the list, and in an ideal world assuming all are fit for round with (except rischa), that's how i'd like us to line up. i think brodie, bowes & scheer would be fighting for the spots taken by guys like sexton, fiorini & rosa. at this stage i'd be happier leaving the new draftees in the neafl to build up to a debut game. wouldn't want to delay the development of fiorini, i reckon he'll have a great year. lonergan another one pushing for one of those midfield spots on the bench.

scrimshaw i'd expect won't get a game till middle of the year at the earliest, based on his slight frame at his preferred position. bowes maybe in the same boat, but i reckon you could chuck him on the wing and he'd be alright. ainsworth should play round 1. i can't wait to see what he can do.

i've gotta admit, our side looks pretty good on paper, when they're all fit. the real challenge comes when the injuries do. it'll be interesting to see how our depth copes.

You're only as good as your 32nd player, in a good year you should get away with playing 32 players.. the trouble comes when the injuries come and your 32nd player is Luke Russell or Henry Schade. ..
Fb Saad May McKenzie
Hb Kk Thomo Harbrow
Depth Big-Leslie (or Day)
Rebounder-the Scrim
Small-Joyce
C Rosa Ablett Hanley
R Witts Barlow Swallow
Depth Inside-Brodie
Outside- Bowes
Wing - Schoenfeld
Ruck-Nicholls/Currie
Hf Martin Lynch Miller
Ff Ainsworth Wright Ahchee
Depth big-Day
Small-Matera
Medium-Davis
Res Lyons Fiorini Hall Sexton

Others: Lonergan, Scheer, Lemmens
Rischa (inj)

There is not too many blokes in our top 32 who are going to let you down, turn it over, miss targets continuously, drop easy marks, get caught out of position, fall off tackles and not chase..

A few but not many. If I'm picky one of our Rucks needs to get closer to the A grade rucks around the league. We are still young.. Barlow, Lyons, Rischa, Rosa, Lynch and May need to push this 'kill for your teammates, no shortcuts culture' until its ingrained!
Mckenzie needs to breakout and become elite. Ainsworth needs to win the rising star. Wright needs to kick 50 and Take a step with his relief Rucking.
Swallow and Ablett to play full seasons..
All that should get us top 4!!

You're only as good as your 32nd player, in a good year you should get away with playing 32 players.. the trouble comes when the injuries come and your 32nd player is Luke Russell or Henry Schade. ..
Fb Saad May McKenzie
Hb Kk Thomo Harbrow
Depth Big-Leslie (or Day)
Rebounder-the Scrim
Small-Joyce
C Rosa Ablett Hanley
R Witts Barlow Swallow
Depth Inside-Brodie
Outside- Bowes
Wing - Schoenfeld
Ruck-Nicholls/Currie
Hf Martin Lynch Miller
Ff Ainsworth Wright Ahchee
Depth big-Day
Small-Matera
Medium-Davis
Res Lyons Fiorini Hall Sexton

Others: Lonergan, Scheer, Lemmens
Rischa (inj)

There is not too many blokes in our top 32 who are going to let you down, turn it over, miss targets continuously, drop easy marks, get caught out of position, fall off tackles and not chase..

A few but not many. If I'm picky one of our Rucks needs to get closer to the A grade rucks around the league. We are still young.. Barlow, Lyons, Rischa, Rosa, Lynch and May need to push this 'kill for your teammates, no shortcuts culture' until its ingrained!
Mckenzie needs to breakout and become elite. Ainsworth needs to win the rising star. Wright needs to kick 50 and Take a step with his relief Rucking.
Swallow and Ablett to play full seasons..
All that should get us top 4!!
Yes looking good just don't get to excited about Ablett anything could happen ATM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things are BAD at home very BAD.
Oh right, yeah I get that impression. ..
Tough one... I mean what can he do? All he can do is retire and surely she won't make him do that.. they would lose a lot of money as much as anything else..
How hard is it for her to live on the Gold Coast, its not like we live in Beirut or Adelaide..

Tough one... I mean what can he do? All he can do is retire and surely she won't make him do that.. they would lose a lot of money as much as anything else..
How hard is it for her to live on the Gold Coast, its not like we live in Beirut or Adelaide..
Absolute shocker numerous people even some of her own family members warned Gary she wasn't mature enough to get married. It's not good.

This may shock some of you

But Adelaide is not that bad :p

Trying something a bit different...

B: A. Saad / S. Day / S. May
HB: P. Hanley / R.Thompson / K. Kolodjashnij
C: J. Martin / M. Barlow / W. Brodie
HF: J. Lyons / T. Lynch / G. Ablett
F: B. Ainsworth / P. Wright / C. Ah Chee
R: J. Witts / A. Hall / T. Miller
I/C: J. Harbrow / D. Swallow / T. McKenzie / B. Fiorini

E: M. Rosa / A. Sexton / J. Lonergan / J. Bowes / B. Matera / J. Leslie / J. Joyce / T. Nicholls
INJ: M. Rischitelli

Absolute shocker numerous people even some of her own family members warned Gary she wasn't mature enough to get married. It's not good.
Ive seen it up close too, she seems very petulant and bitchy immature - I think he has his hands massivley full there

According to an article on the GCS website (re Joyce) the GCS will try and emulate the Doggies game plan in 2017. Sensible move but it puts at jeopardy any player who considered slow (especially for their position) and cannot make good decisions and execute by hand and especially by foot. If the GCS expect to make a serious tilt at a flag and not just make up numbers then this will be a major factor in their successes or failure. As an example can the club run Barlow, Hallahan and Lonergan in the midfield?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back