2017 Trade & FA Targets - The Last Supper #Ameetos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also like a kebab please Mowbro.

They don’t call him Mowman for nothing. A kebab today. He’ll be cutting your grass tomorrow. Buyer beware.

All it means is you know less and less about the game of footy. I love it people lack so much confidence that they need to tell others who they have on ignore because they like the likes. All I think is they are as soft as butter. Anyway you will just miss the big trade news I just heard about involving our club. Very interesting.

You make me laugh sometimes plugger

*in s**t stirrer! :D

I wondered what you were talking about...then remembered I put Plugger on ignore...BF is now a wonderful place!
Seriously can you spare us these types of posts? Good for you that you have plugger on ignore but announcing it to the forum like some hero (especially when he can see it but you can't see his posts) it's schoolyard stuff.

I see Tomlinson as much more versatile than Brown and can see him making the team much more flexible.

Tomlinson also has a huge tank and is the best runner at GWS beside Scully.

Think gameday, the team has been hamstrung by its inflexibility.

Maybe with Tomlinson the team has more scope to change things up down back and on the HBF and wings.

Just my thoughts. They arent right or wrong
I don't see Tomlinson as a direct swap for Brown, I see him more up the ground using his strength his running ability.
Brown more your stay at home FB to play on the really big forwards, maybe this is why we are looking at Talia to be Browns back up ?

They actually had an incredible year considering the injuries & suspensions over the season, including finals.

They'll be fine for years. Heap of young kids still a year or two of peak.

Agree with this. I see a lot of similarities in GWS currently, to our 04/05 side which lost back to back prelims.

Plenty of injuries, some ill discipline, inexperience in big games and a few older blokes being relied on too much.

Will dip a little losing Shaw, Mumford, Delidio, Johnson, Griffen etc

But the core is there: Ward, Shiel, Kelly, Cogniglio, Davis, Williams, Greene, Scully, Patton & Cameron

Players like Toranto, Himmelberg, Setterfield and Hopper will improve dramatically

Maybe need to take a step back for a season or two and reload. But they will be good for a very very long time

Sounds like you have swallowed Rich Dad Poor Dad!

Lol, I'm just lightly teasing mate. For what it's worth I agree with your quoted message. And I'm doing fine thanks!

I've never read a book, I just did what my grandparents did. It's actually a bit tougher these days for kids. When we were young you'd get free uni, free healthcare, cheap properties and utilities etc. I was being a smart arse too. I bought my first house in Elwood for $160,000 and it wasn't much more than my rent before that at 14% interest. Today property is off the charts over priced, I'd hate to be starting from that far back.

Played a very good game on Riewoldt when we beat them.

No offence to Rooey but I reckon I could have had him covered this year. His knee was ****ed. He's no doubt a good player but we don't need a tall back as a priority. If we can get him cheap that's different but they will want one of our FR picks for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously can you spare us these types of posts? Good for you that you have plugger on ignore but announcing it to the forum like some hero (especially when he can see it but you can't see his posts) it's schoolyard stuff.
Can someone tell me what lewdogs just posted?

I have him on ignore.
Oh and I am a hero deserve multiple like for this post.

I swear sometimes I think people don't watch any games when it comes to discussing players. Tomlinson is a defender and would take Nathan Brown's position if he came to us. Yes he is an athletic freak and has great insurance.

The talk of him playing anywhere but the backline is crazy. And for what it's worth he is a good solid 1v1 defender. He is worth around pick 12 and if we give up pick 7 I'd want a second coming back our way.

Yeah he's a defender, if we want a wing man maybe we should get a wing man. Buying up players who might be able to do a different role is dangerous practice.

I see Tomlinson as much more versatile than Brown and can see him making the team much more flexible.

Tomlinson also has a huge tank and is the best runner at GWS beside Scully.

Think gameday, the team has been hamstrung by its inflexibility.

Maybe with Tomlinson the team has more scope to change things up down back and on the HBF and wings.

Just my thoughts. They arent right or wrong

Well they are clearly wrong because I don't agree. Seriously though I would love Tomlinson or Carlisle to replace brown. Gives us so much more run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah he's a defender, if we want a wing man maybe we should get a wing man. Buying up players who might be able to do a different role is dangerous practice.
So how would Tomilison go playing on a Buddy - Hawkings - Kennedy is he strong enough ?

Well they are clearly wrong because I don't agree. Seriously though I would love Tomlinson or Carlisle to replace brown. Gives us so much more run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well he has to be replaced soon anyway.

No guarantee on Hugh and has only played 9 games.
Tomlinson has 91 games so the experience would be benificial. Brown for maybe another year while Hugh comes good?

Let’s say Tomlinson and Talia both come in... at this stage Round 1, 2018 is looking (oh so roughly) like:

~~~~~~~~ SENIORS ~~~~~~~~

FB: Geary - Tomlinson* - Webster
HB: Roberton - Carlisle - Savage
RK: Longer - Ross - Steven
CR: Newnes - Steele - Sinclair
HF: Billings - McCartin - Weller
FF: Gresham - Bruce - Membrey
IC: Gilbert Acres Stevens Dunstan

~~~~~~~~ RESERVES ~~~~~~~~

FB: Rice - Brown - Talia*
HB: White - Goddard - McKenzie
RK: Hickey - Armitage - Freeman
CR: Phillips - Minchington - O’Kearney
HF: Long - Battle - Lonie
FF: Wright - Marshall - Connellan
IC: Pierce Holmes Joyce

Armitage is the one that might surprise up there, but I’m not willing to return him to the Seniors until he’s got runs on the board physically.

What is utterly glaring is the complete absence of genuine pace in that Senior side. Take a look at the bench for example, the quickest bloke would be Gilbert!

It’s not a bad side, it’s even pleasingly versatile, but it’s sloooooow.

That's why I'd like to get hold of Aaron Hall, he has some real pace that only Stuv has at the moment.

I think a Tomlinson trade will be on our terms, GWS offered a pick of players that are under contract, the players don't have to leave they are within their rights to stay.
We've had a look and offered 5 years to Tomlinson who must be ok with it but the 5 years is a sweetener for him not GWS, we've tried to get him before but that was last year.
We have Talia as cover if the deal falls through, we can afford to say meh, for that trade price you can keep Tomlinson.
Generally in trades the team "buying" is at a disadvantage and the seller can play hard ball, not this time, GWS need to offload money for space, we have money and space.

Let’s say Tomlinson and Talia both come in... at this stage Round 1, 2018 is looking (oh so roughly) like:

~~~~~~~~ SENIORS ~~~~~~~~

FB: Geary - Tomlinson* - Webster
HB: Roberton - Carlisle - Savage
RK: Longer - Ross - Steven
CR: Newnes - Steele - Sinclair
HF: Billings - McCartin - Weller
FF: Gresham - Bruce - Membrey
IC: Gilbert Acres Stevens Dunstan

~~~~~~~~ RESERVES ~~~~~~~~

FB: Rice - Brown - Talia*
HB: White - Goddard - McKenzie
RK: Hickey - Armitage - Freeman
CR: Phillips - Minchington - O’Kearney
HF: Long - Battle - Lonie
FF: Wright - Marshall - Connellan
IC: Pierce Holmes Joyce

Armitage is the one that might surprise up there, but I’m not willing to return him to the Seniors until he’s got runs on the board physically.

What is utterly glaring is the complete absence of genuine pace in that Senior side. Take a look at the bench for example, the quickest bloke would be Gilbert!

It’s not a bad side, it’s even pleasingly versatile, but it’s sloooooow.
You so have a 'best 22' template don't you.... ;)

Please don't tell me you go to the effort of writing all that out every time :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back