2017 Trade & FA Targets - The Last Supper #Ameetos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there's one thing for sure about the Watts trade.

The Dees won't be able to blame him for their losses any more will they.

Except when he kicks 6 against them next year. :p

Complete left field crazy idea but....

Jimmy Bartel (33) indicated he would consider a return to afl? put him on the books for one season. Triple premiership, brownlow, norm smith, all australian.
Even if he doesn't play he would provide quality leadership and help development off field.

If he does play and can play anywhere near his past levels? There is a bit of class to get us through to the 2018 FA.

So way way back the first post of the thread read

FA Targets:

Fyfe
Martin
Rockliff

Trade Targets:

Sheil
Kelly
Hopper
Heeney
Martin (gc)

So a simple question

01cd21a5e216fe1204cff3fed999c226ffb28d1703c453f1a0b29064b428fa1b.jpg

Trade and Draft Targets

Talia Sydney (Delisted)

FB: Houston - Clurey - Hombsch
HB: Pittard - Jonas - Hartlett
RK: Ryder - Boak - Rockliff
CR: Polec - Wines - Ebert
HF: Wingard - Westhoff - Motlop
FF: Watts - Dixon - Neade
IC: White Powell-Pepper Toumpas Byrne-Jones

Em: Amon S.Gray Bonner

*R.Gray
———————————-

Yep. They’ll be handy, even if you swap a few around... and that’s WITHOUT Robbie Gray!
I'll start doing nangs if Toumpas is best 22 next year.

Jimmy Bartel (33) indicated he would consider a return to afl? put him on the books for one season. Triple premiership, brownlow, norm smith, all australian.
Even if he doesn't play he would provide quality leadership and help development off field.

If he does play and can play anywhere near his past levels? There is a bit of class to get us through to the 2018 FA.
No

Melbourne lack class on their list and then get rid of Watts. No wonder Jessie Hogan is looking to move, he will receive worse service than any of our forwards (let's be honest, probably not :'()

That old intangible "class". Footy players need to get their hands on it before they can demonstrate any class.

Alright that's me done

FB: Houston - Clurey - Hombsch
HB: Pittard - Jonas - Hartlett
RK: Ryder - Boak - Rockliff
CR: Polec - Wines - Ebert
HF: Wingard - Westhoff - Motlop
FF: Watts - Dixon - Neade
IC: White Powell-Pepper Toumpas Byrne-Jones

Em: Amon S.Gray Bonner

*R.Gray
———————————-

Yep. They’ll be handy, even if you swap a few around... and that’s WITHOUT Robbie Gray!

Dougal Howard & Logan Austin handy as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FA Targets:

Fyfe
Martin
Rockliff

Trade Targets:

Sheil
Kelly
Hopper
Heeney
Martin (gc)

So a simple question

Trade and Draft Targets

Talia Sydney (Delisted)

Fyfe. Stayed home
Martin. No real effort
Rockliff. No interest
Sheil. Never enquired BF
Hopper BF
Heeney BF
Martin BF

So the simple question is answered.

Almost all was fantasy

Kelly was the only real target and he stayed with his club.

We enquired after Gaff, contracted, Tomlinson contracted

So nothing that fit our needs and Bains wouldnt trade for the sake of it.

Who was available that we missed worth a top ten pick that fit our needs?

If you want his leadership and development experience, sign him as a coach.

His last season of AFL footy was clearly below his standards and now he's been out of professional footy for more than a year. It's an absolute fantasy to think he'd get anywhere near our best 22 and what's the point signing someone for Sandy?

I think he'd be a good coach, but he's done as a player.

Fyfe. Stayed home
Martin. No real effort
Rockliff. No interest
Sheil. Never enquired BF
Hopper BF
Heeney BF
Martin BF

So the simple question is answered.

Almost all was fantasy

Kelly was the only real target and he stayed with his club.

We enquired after Gaff, contracted, Tomlinson contracted

So nothing that fit our needs and Bains wouldnt trade for the sake of it.

Who was available that we missed worth a top ten pick that fit our needs?

We should have traded 7&8 for 4 second round picks... on traded for spuds, then approach Birds-Eye to be our major sponsor.

/sarcasm

We should have traded 7&8 for 4 second round picks... on traded for spuds, then approach Birds-Eye to be our major sponsor.

/sarcasm
Trade radio would have then lauded us as trade week winners.

Should have swapped 7 and 8 for

Ah Chee
Watts
Lang
And Trengrove

We would have been champs

FA Targets:

Fyfe
Martin
Rockliff

Trade Targets:

Sheil
Kelly
Hopper
Heeney
Martin (gc)

So a simple question

Trade and Draft Targets

Talia Sydney (Delisted)
Mate, I think it's a bit rough to have a go at people for not being able to foresee Talia's availability way back then.

We don't all have crystal balls or know people in the industry!

And those that did know probably threw us all off the scent with little fish like Fyfe, Kelly and Martin just to ensure the real deal was kept under wraps.

Just be thankful that the Saints have been able to work their magic and take 16 clubs other clubs by surprise. Enjoy the fact we're getting him rather than wasting time getting upset that no one predicted such a windfall :rolleyes:

Melbourne lack class on their list and then get rid of Watts. No wonder Jessie Hogan is looking to move, he will receive worse service than any of our forwards (let's be honest, probably not :'()

Got Lever so in front for sure. Actually a few around our position are in front especially Essendon and Port so the chances of passing them on the ladder are low. It seems our rebuild or should I say march up the ladder stalls for one year. Hopefully the players we get at 7 and 8 are very good players, not straight away, otherwise the march up the ladder really does stall. Huge pressure on taking the right players. We need to get this right.

Trade radio would have then lauded us as trade week winners.

Should have swapped 7 and 8 for

Ah Chee
Watts
Lang
And Trengrove

We would have been champs

We don't need those types but it would have been nice for a player to at least mention our club. Whatever way we look at it the trade period so far is a losing period. I say that guessing that the club didn't trade with the hawks just to get a kid but so be it. No point in getting upset. just disappointed a little.

If you want his leadership and development experience, sign him as a coach.

His last season of AFL footy was clearly below his standards and now he's been out of professional footy for more than a year. It's an absolute fantasy to think he'd get anywhere near our best 22 and what's the point signing someone for Sandy?

I think he'd be a good coach, but he's done as a player.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong I agree it is an absolute stretch to think he would ever play again, even for sandy. I just saw the article and was thinking of weird ideas and best case/worst case scenarios.
And I don't really know much about team financials and salary cap stuff. But surely there could be some benefit to paying a guy like that a small salary as a player/coach role and build it into a coaching role?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back