2017 Trade & FA Targets - The Last Supper #Ameetos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure he was around when all of them were picked up , Wayne Hughes I'm pretty sure has only been at the club for a couple of years
That's right

I know I'm more an optimist at times but we were only bad kicking for goal away from finals this season. We lost 2-3 games purely on our failure to convert in from of the big sticks.

I suppose it will come down to how much inprovement comes from the existing list - Gresh, Steele, Billings, Sinclair, Ross, Acres, Longer in particular - even Dunstan who started to show something in the second half of the year. Also Armitage, McCartin and Goddard are like new recruits, (well maybe not Paddy). Freeman would be a bonus even if he made the team and played a game!

We are building nicely and if we can show improvement then we are a viable choice. We also have the fact that Sloane's family are mad Saints supporters which might count for something - especially if he does come back to Victoria we can offer him the length of contract and the coin to make it worth his while. We will also be back at Moorabbin by then as well :)
He's also a ufa next year so theres no maching. We just have to offer him good coin to come and he's saints bound. Lucky we have a huge cap we need to fill next year.
Strap in for 12 months of sloane to stkilda bigfooty s**t squible.

I know I'm more an optimist at times but we were only bad kicking for goal away from finals this season. We lost 2-3 games purely on our failure to convert in from of the big sticks.

I suppose it will come down to how much inprovement comes from the existing list - Gresh, Steele, Billings, Sinclair, Ross, Acres, Longer in particular - even Dunstan who started to show something in the second half of the year. Also Armitage, McCartin and Goddard are like new recruits, (well maybe not Paddy). Freeman would be a bonus even if he made the team and played a game!

We are building nicely and if we can show improvement then we are a viable choice. We also have the fact that Sloane's family are mad Saints supporters which might count for something - especially if he does come back to Victoria we can offer him the length of contract and the coin to make it worth his while. We will also be back at Moorabbin by then as well :)
Billings will kick 45 next year.

And perhaps then slow down a little after Rd 8. Still, 84 is a nice haul.

One thing to remember with our dual top 10 picks is that statistically we have a greater chance of nailing one of them then trading up and taking a single top 5 pick. It also allows us to take a risky bolter or hopeful slider alongside a more sensible choice.

One thing to remember with our dual top 10 picks is that statistically we have a greater chance of nailing one of them then trading up and taking a single top 5 pick. It also allows us to take a risky bolter or hopeful slider alongside a more sensible choice.

What about the stats on getting a star with a top 3 pick compared to 7 and 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about the stats on getting a star with a top 3 pick compared to 7 and 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pick 7 and 8:
2008: Daniel Rich and Tyrone Vickery
2009: Bradley Shepherd and John Butcher
2010: Josh Caddy and Dyson Heppell
2011: Nick Haynes and Billy Longer
2012: Ollie Wines and Sam Mayes
2013: James Aishe and Luke McDonald
2014: Paul Ahern and Peter Wright
2015: Jacob Hopper and Callie Ah Cher
2016: Jack Scrimshaw and Griffin Logue

Pick 20 and 21:
2008: Tom Swift and Hayden Ballentyne
2009: Nat Fyfe and Ryan Bastinac
2010: Jayden Pitt and Jed Lamb
2011: Hayden Crozier and Tom Mitchell
2012: Tim Broomhead and Nathan Hrovat
2013: Jack Leslie and Jarman Impey
2014: Jayden Laverde and Hugh Goddard
2015: Brayden Fiorini and Ben McKay
2016: Isaac Cumming and Will Hayward

Pick 1, 2, 3 and 4:
2008: Jack Watts, Stephen Hill, Hamish Hartlett, Michael Hurley
2009: Tom Scully, Jack Trengove, Dustin Martin, Anthony Morabito
2010: David Swallow, Harley Bennell, Sam Day, Andrew Gaff
2011: Jonathon Patton, Stephen Coniglio, Dom Tyson, Will Hoskin-Elliot
2012: Lachie Whitfield, Jonation O'Rourke, Lachlan Plowman, Jimmy Toumpass
2013: Tom Boyd, Josh Kelly, Jack Billings, Bontus Marcempelli
2014: Patty McCartin, Christian Petracca Angus Brayshaw, Jarrod Pickett
2015: Jacob Weitering, Josh Schacht, Callum Mills, Clayton Oliver
2016: Andrew McGrath, Tim Taranto, Hugh McCluggage, Ben Ainsworth

Koby Stevens and Jake Carlisle went 24 and 25 in 2009
GWS first 5 picks of 2011. Billy Longer pick 8.
Seb Ross pick 25 of 2012.
Stringer at pick 5 of 2012.
Nathan Freeman pick 10, Dunstan and Acres at 18 and 19, Ben Brown 47. 2013 went deep.
My boy Gresham at 18 in 2015.

Billings will kick 45 next year.

And perhaps then slow down a little after Rd 8. Still, 84 is a nice haul.

His mate Sinclair will resent being shown up and kick 46 in the last half of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back