Autopsy 2018 1st Qualifying Final: Richmond defeats Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

If we happen to play the Tigers again I would like Mirra to come in and keep company with Caddy.

I would consider playing Miles too and just for something out of left field give Sis a run in the forward 1/2. Crazy but if the Tigers are not kicking it in the air he cant intercept, make someone chase him around to 50m arc all night up forward.
Lastly if Richmond are gunna wait for us to pick up the footy and then tackle us lets just run over the ball and lay a big bump knowing we need some one following up to collect the ball. No law against it if both players are withing 5 meters of the pill I do believe.

If they are so keen to be the hunter, lets turn it around and make them a target early in the game might shake em up a bit.
Mirra is a solid VFL player. As for Miles, I agree, has good composure and wheels.

I don't think someone in their 50s is a new age Hawks supporter mate, we've had good and bad supporters all along, no clubs is immune from dickheads

Huy? Where did the number 50 come from? Think you have confused my post with something else.

Conditions and missed opportunities aside, we desperately need a key forward. (I would be tempted to start Sicily forward against Melbourne but that is going to be more difficult with Stratton out.) Our pressure and intensity was good except for most of the third quarter; large lapses like that have been a common theme throughout the year, but unlike other teams Richmond just don't let you get back in the game once they have created the initial 3-4 goal separation.

I also felt that Clarkson was conservative when the game was slipping away in the third quarter. I was hoping for some more positional moves. Maybe he didn't want to risk a 10 goal thrashing with next week still in play.

We were limited with what we could do position wise with Stratton going down. It effectively ruled out the Sicily forward move, and Gunston had to go down back. Having two rucks played a bit of havoc with our ability to be versatile too.

Surprised that Grimes got the maximum coaches votes, ahead of Dusty.
Can't say I noticed him that much, although he is a fairly unobtrusive player I suppose.
Doesn't say much for our forwards. Who was his opponent as such, Breust, Poppy, or was it more a case of Grimes floating around at will, mopping up everything?

Can't say I noticed him that much, although he is a fairly unobtrusive player I suppose.
Doesn't say much for our forwards. Who was his opponent as such, Breust, Poppy, or was it more a case of Grimes floating around at will, mopping up everything?

He probably won every single 1 on 1 contest that he was in. Absolutely pantsed Breust. Lot of contested intercept marks.

When the game was hot he was there when it mattered and killed our momentum each time.

Dusty changed the game in the late part of the 2nd quarter and the 3rd but Grimes was there from Q1-Q4. I had Dusty as my BOG followed by Grimes.

Played on Breust and wrapped him up with brown paper, put a bow on and mailed him to Siberia.

Such a dangerous weapon for us completely neutralised AND he also rolled off to help out others.

He was exceptional, at and is the most underrated player in the AFL

I'm quite surprised Caddy has got away with a 3000 fine called every player he could find a ******* and there is no thread on Big Footy.

Shows how nobody cares about disabled
ppl anymore.

Hope Caddy didn't treat his family like that growing up. My guess is he probably stood over his family and threatened then if they opend their mouth about his behaviour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back