Prediction 2018 De Goey and Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Our 2 top 10 picks from the 2014 draft are going to have significant improvements in 2018 which will lead us to our finals rebirth. My prediction:

Darcy Moore: started to get more confidence this year and kicked a season high 25 goals. I predict in 2018 Darcy will kick 45+ goals for the year.

Jordan De Goey: will start to get more mid time but will rest forward. Previous best average for disposals in a year was 18. De Goey will improve that and average 20+ disposals next year and also will kick 20+ goals for the year.

2 key players that need to improve and i believe they will. Remember this post!

Our 2 top 10 picks from the 2014 draft are going to have significant improvements in 2018 which will lead us to our finals rebirth. My prediction:

Darcy Moore: started to get more confidence this year and kicked a season high 25 goals. I predict in 2018 Darcy will kick 45+ goals for the year.

Jordan De Goey: will start to get more mid time but will rest forward. Previous best average for disposals in a year was 18. De Goey will improve that and average 20+ disposals next year and also will kick 20+ goals for the year.

Blue skies thinking.
Be careful.
FWIW I think you're right.
A starting midfield that has De Goey, Adams and Pendles with Treloar and Sidey on the outside is going to be exciting.

Honestly, I think we could make finals with just 2 simple things:

1) Less injuries to key players like Wells, Sinclair and Varcoe
2) Improved accuracy in front of goal

My prediction is that Degoey will do all of those things next year but not for Collingwood. Just a hunch and I hope it doesn't happen.

My prediction is that Degoey will do all of those things next year but not for Collingwood. Just a hunch and I hope it doesn't happen.
Wash your mouth out.

Definitely need these two to make the next step if we are going to move up the ladder. Degoey stay away from all dogs in the preseason and you'll be fine.

De Goey & Moore are our future, and will have 50+ games experience in 2018. Looking very much forward to them making the next step. Also looks as though Ben Crocker has signed for 2 more years and could become another of our youth to step up next year if he can stay injury free.

I really think we have something special with De Goey. Powerful and talented, he is one of the true match winners on our list. The development of both him and Moore are critical to our ascent.

I think Moore was unfairly criticized this year for some of his down games, but I think he pushed on pretty well and is showing great signs. Really needs some support and someone to take the pressure off. Has immense potential.

2 extra goals per game will see us inside the 8 on this years performance. We need quality forward entries, Pendlebury (who has been carrying a series of niggles), Wells and WHE fed by Adams and DeGoo will get that job done. One of Brown/Kirby with a license to roam the forward line crumbing the talls will give us more bite around the forward packs. Moore and Grundy to provide marking in the forward /half forward area - going both ways to slow the occasional exit. Add a fit Elliot to that mix and it has potent possibilities.

But it needs proper drilling and it needs a half way decent run of injuries to key players to allow it to find fluidity and function.

That is without trading anyone in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree, but i reckon they will have the biggest improvements ;)

I'm more inclined to think Kirby could be the 1 who really takes off in 2018. With the caveat that he looks after himself in the off season. Think he'll take a few games by the scruff of the neck.

Think you're spot on that De Goey will average 20+ and a goal a game. Really hope it's for us.
Reckon Moore will be closer to the 35 goal mark, which would still be a very good return.
Hopefully Maynard can get more midfield minutes too, because he will explode if given the chance.

Think you're spot on that De Goey will average 20+ and a goal a game. Really hope it's for us.
Reckon Moore will be closer to the 35 goal mark, which would still be a very good return.
Hopefully Maynard can get more midfield minutes too, because he will explode if given the chance.
If Maynard and De Goey get more midfield minutes i wonder where the likes of Pendles/Treloar will be resting

Get degoey and maynard more time in the middle, and we will improve markedly. Moore will continue to rise in his play, around the 35 goal mark next year l expect he will kick. All three have large roll to play if we hope to rise up the ladder

I liked the trial of Darcy behind the ball also.

Have I missed something or am I caught up in nostalgia, Josh Daicos has not been mentioned, kids all class, watch out.

Still not 100% Sold then he be Nothiong More then a Good Solid Player who uses the Ball Well. Needs to Build his Body Up a Bit

Still not 100% Sold then he be Nothiong More then a Good Solid Player who uses the Ball Well. Needs to Build his Body Up a Bit

I'm more bullish on Daicos than anyone else, clean with his hands, uses it well, moves well in traffic, quick decision maker all in a boys body. Maybe I remember what sort of a player his old man was, Josh has some very similar traits.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back