List Mgmt. 2018 Draft thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing else to talk about before JLT. Truly the worst time in the footy year is the period between the draft and JLT.

We'll be all over pre-season like a seagull on a chip this year - there are storylines everywhere including Atu, Beams, Broomhead, Cox, Dunn, Elliott, Keane, Kelly, Lynch, Mihocek, Moore, Murray, Phillips, Quaynor, Reid, Roughead, Sier, Stephenson, Treloar and Tohill who all spring to mind (for different reasons).

Many of those will will have a big impact on our prospects for 2019, so I don't think we'll be struggling for things to watch, analyse, criticise and argue about over the course of the next few months.

Thanks for that. I had forgotten about that article, even though I read it a few times when it first came out. It does seem to explain things quite clearly, yet I'm pretty sure the AFL came out only a week or two ago and clarified the rules as the clubs at that stage still weren't sure what they were dealing with. Plenty of seemingly intelligent BigFooty posters seem to have been confused as well regarding the rules. I think the fact that the AFL website article from a week ago said "Previously-listed footballers who spent a season or more out of the game no longer have to go through a nerve-wracking draft experience to find an AFL home again as a Category A Rookie. They can instead sign with a club in the pre-season supplemental selection period (SSP) between December 1 and March 15, after all the drafts are over" didn't really help things. It then goes on to talk about the likes of Mumford, Zac Clarke and others who haven't been on a list for at least a year. Ideally they would have at least mentioned in the article that the recently-delisted types could be signed up as well, because I'd say that only caused more confusion.

Anyway, well done on being one of those who was never confused about this situation. :thumbsu:

Sorry I should have been a bit clearer - I meant I'm not sure where all the confusion is coming from with the writers on afl.com.au given that one of them described the PSD rules clearly right off the bat.

It's obviously easy for football followers to get confused by it given that random writers keep putting different and sometimes incorrect spins on the PSD.

We'll be all over pre-season like a seagull on a chip this year - there are storylines everywhere including Atu, Beams, Broomhead, Cox, Dunn, Elliott, Keane, Kelly, Lynch, Mihocek, Moore, Murray, Phillips, Quaynor, Reid, Roughead, Sier, Stephenson, Treloar and Tohill who all spring to mind (for different reasons).

Many of those will will have a big impact on our prospects for 2019, so I don't think we'll be struggling for things to watch, analyse, criticise and argue about over the course of the next few months.
And don't forget the inevitable injuries.

Sorry I should have been a bit clearer - I meant I'm not sure where all the confusion is coming from with the writers on afl.com.au given that one of them described the PSD rules clearly right off the bat.

It's obviously easy for football followers to get confused by it given that random writers keep putting different and sometimes incorrect spins on the PSD.
No worries, thanks for that. They do need to do things a bit better on that site. The same sort of thing happened with the story about Collingwood signing the two Irish players last month. It said "COLLINGWOOD'S global talent search might well produce another couple of gems after the Magpies signed two promising Irish teenagers as Category B rookies." While some of us were aware of the rule regarding Irish players as rookies the average supporter would not have known that only one could actually be a Cat. B Rookie. If only the article made mention of that crucial rule there would have been far less confusion.

The AFL website gets plenty of articles up for people to read, but perhaps they're a bit hasty at times, and they don't check things as thoroughly as they should.

Interesting article that almost all clubs had the same top 20-22 players (may be in varying order). The blues rating Stocker at 6 which is why they were keen to get back in there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do they mention anyone they did NOT Draft?

As could be done after this Bid

No mention of any other players, it was cut up big time as you would expect. But still think they bid On Isaac just to make us use our picks. Time to steal another player from then i would think!!!!

No mention of any other players, it was cut up big time as you would expect. But still think they bid On Isaac just to make us use our picks. Time to steal another player from then i would think!!!!

I don't think that be Allowed for Other Clubs to Mention players they did NOT Draft

Not if we were having pick 1,2,3 we wouldn’t.
Carlton are Botton 3

Predicting they will be but anything can Happen so who knows. Comp is close.

But still we would of Traded our Future 1st to make sure we got Murphy.

That Picked Turned into Pick 18 and was used to get Beams

Predicting they will be but anything can Happen so who knows. Comp is close.

But still we would of Traded our Future 1st to make sure we got Murphy.

That Picked Turned into Pick 18 and was used to get Beams
Fortunately we didn’t have to and didn’t do it as it were.

Carlton are a crap team, they are finishing tail end so unless they think Stocker is a top 3 pick they did a dumb move. More power to them and their dumbness.

Fortunately we didn’t have to and didn’t do it as it were.

Carlton are a crap team, they are finishing tail end so unless they think Stocker is a top 3 pick they did a dumb move. More power to them and their dumbness.

They say they rated Stocker at 6th Best Prospect and In a Very Strong Draft

They say they rated Stocker at 6th Best Prospect and In a Very Strong Draft
Proving again they are dim wits.

Who knows maybe they fluked it.

He could end up being their “Stephenson”
Given SOS’ knack for talent ID (or lack thereof) I’d say that’s pretty a fanciful outcome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back