No Oppo Supporters 2018 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The biggest grub iin the AFL after McGuire - Leigh Mathews - is blaming the iumps. Typical of Mathews to be a complete AH. And raise a pathetic excuse. Mathews is despised by his former captainthe great Don Scott, who famously said " Leigh wouldn't have many friends". Carries around a an assualt conviction for the most cowardly act committed on a football field. OK Leigh you are an expert on umps. So this low life uses his bully pulpit to tarnish what was a great GF win by West Coast. As for his Footballer of the Century award. Laurie Nash was the greatest footballer of the 20th century and a good man to boot. Spare me his sc called success as a coach. He coached the best list in the history of the game and fluked with the maggots. Mathews is just scum.
Not to mention called Goodes a protected species on National Television encouraging the momentum of the masses that bullied him out of the game without the recognition he deserved. A Dog of a man. Not to mention a back dooring Dog at that. In more ways than one if you ask a former player he coached at Collingwood.

Collingwood had a bloody good crack, and considering I didn't think they were one of the two best teams all year, to even be in the GF was over-achieving for them. And to be so close to winning it I respect their effort (but hate their organisation.)

If we can troll anyone it's Richmond. They win a flag, and then have an even better year to follow it. Mostly injury free all year, relatively weak competition, dominant on their home ground, didn't have to leave that ground all September. And somehow that didn't even equate to a grand final, let alone a premiership. Grand final chokes are fairly common, but to choke before you even get there is...
That is not choking , normal afternoon make up !

Potentially an unpopular opinion but I don’t think we choked in 2014. Hawthorn played as close to the perfect game as possible, no team would have gotten anywhere near them that day.

We weren't good, but they were at their best.

Potentially an unpopular opinion but I don’t think we choked in 2014. Hawthorn played as close to the perfect game as possible, no team would have gotten anywhere near them that day.
We were cocky , KJ saying we would have over 120 tackles like Prelim , Clarko used that and didn't allow it. Even the parade we were all laughs and they were steely eyed. No choke , just over confidence and out coached AGAIN .

We were cocky , KJ saying we would have over 120 tackles like Prelim , Clarko used that and didn't allow it. Even the parade we were all laughs and they were steely eyed. No choke , just over confidence and out coached AGAIN .
Don't agree with the outcoached (though I will say Longmire should have been able to bring them back to reality at qtr time) but so agree with the cocky. We had every reason to be confident going into that game, but we were over confident before we set foot on the park that year and Clarkson made us pay big time. I think the same thing happened in last years semi against Geelong.

2014 I felt the hawks just rag dolled us, not a lot longmire could do on the day.

Swans just shocked and by the time they woke up it was probably what, mad monday?

2014 I felt the hawks just rag dolled us, not a lot longmire could do on the day.

Swans just shocked and by the time they woke up it was probably what, mad monday?

Not sure if you heard what Josh Jenkins said about his GF day last year & the disaster it was. Really good to hear how a player felt & why it unraveled for him on what was supposed to be the best day of his AFL career.
Here it is here.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/by...e/news-story/83464907654fe18c4b9633ea76b9c339

It happens unfortunately & there is nothing a team mate or coach can do to help the player on the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if you heard what Josh Jenkins said about his GF day last year & the disaster it was. Really good to hear how a player felt & why it unraveled for him on what was supposed to be the best day of his AFL career.
Here it is here.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/by...e/news-story/83464907654fe18c4b9633ea76b9c339

It happens unfortunately & there is nothing a team mate or coach can do to help the player on the day.

agree thats whats so impressive about west coast

down 5 goals early, away from home and came back and won

I sat through the snoozefest of the NRL GF....and all I think is, "LONG LIVE the daytime AFL grand final!"
The AFL might get a more than a few things wrong, but changing the whole program of the best day of the season so Harvey Norman can sell a few more tellies isn't one of them.

agree thats whats so impressive about west coast

down 5 goals early, away from home and came back and won
Without their best mid and AA ruck.

I mean wow, injuries and stuff might be able to be overcome.

I sat through the snoozefest of the NRL GF....and all I think is, "LONG LIVE the daytime AFL grand final!"
The AFL might get a more than a few things wrong, but changing the whole program of the best day of the season so Harvey Norman can sell a few more tellies isn't one of them.
The day is a long one for sure, the only advantage the night time game gives (considering most games are night/twilight games these days) is the pre game entertainment can have a few more bells and whistles. I would like a twilight GF, starting around 4.30, 7.30 is really too late for this kind of event imo.

Yep, and it was an ambush right from the get go. I remember clearly Mitchell getting Rohan high with what looked like an elbow, and then they all just bashed us all around the ground. I reckon a few other sides went down that path after seeing this. It really seemed to spook some of our boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back