NFL 2018 Head Coach/ OC/DC & GM News

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t see why the Colts can’t come to some agreement with assistants to void the contracts and they stay with Josh at Pats. Seems the logical thing to do.

The team that we fiercely battled in the regular season/playoffs since 2003? The team Peyton called home during the peak Brady-Manning rivalry years? The team that complained and instigated deflategate? Yeah I'm sure the Pats feel horrible right now

Thought it obvious I was being sarcastic.

No one picked up my joke about receiving Texans gear from my dad in the 90s!! Ah gees.

Interested to know why Pats fans like Cockliff38 think its great he is staying anyway?

Its not like any coaches have been hugely successful that have left after coordinating under BB, also shows the character of the guy, you won't someone like this who will happily go back on his word and effect the lives of others ?

IMO have fun with Josh as your next head coach, i wouldn't want someone with his values or coaching pedigree anywhere near my team.

Interested to know why Pats fans like Cockliff38 think its great he is staying anyway?

Its not like any coaches have been hugely successful that have left after coordinating under BB, also shows the character of the guy, you won't someone like this who will happily go back on his word and effect the lives of others ?

IMO have fun with Josh as your next head coach, i wouldn't want someone with his values or coaching pedigree anywhere near my team.

People change their minds in every industry. Had he signed yet? Don’t think he did, so why announce it yesterday?

BB changed his mind with the Jets.

Is it a bad look? Of course it is. But the last time a coach walked out on a team in the 11th hour it worked out well...
Out of all this I do feel bad for the staffers already employed expecting McDaniels to be HC, absolutely.

The future of the Pats' HC aside, this keeps us in with a chance of contending for the next 1-2 years, which is great news considering I genuinely thought the legacy was over on Monday. Brady doesn't have time on his side to get up-to-speed with a new OC and learn a new offense - that's like going back to grade 1, when comparatively Brady is at an honours-level in the McDaniels' offense. They have a tremendous relationship and I'm pretty pumped to be able to enjoy the fruits of that for at least another year

Oh and Colts owner Bob Irsay Sr to the people of Baltimore late Jan 1984 ......”I have not any intentions of moving the goddamn team. If I did, I will tell you about it, but I'm staying here."

Two months before sneaking the team out in the middle of the night.

Is it a bad look? Of course it is. But the last time a coach walked out on a team in the 11th hour it worked out well...
Out of all this I do feel bad for the staffers already employed expecting McDaniels to be HC, absolutely.

The future of the Pats' HC aside, this keeps us in with a chance of contending for the next 1-2 years, which is great news considering I genuinely thought the legacy was over on Monday. Brady doesn't have time on his side to get up-to-speed with a new OC and learn a new offense - that's like going back to grade 1, when comparatively Brady is at an honours-level in the McDaniels' offense. They have a tremendous relationship and I'm pretty pumped to be able to enjoy the fruits of that for at least another year

Fair enough, I'm looking long term though, obviously he has been given the nod to take over. If he hasn't, well, he has just burnt any bridge of HC he ever had.

Looking beyond 2019, id be fairly frightened about someone like Josh taking over, thats all. I do understand your short term view on things though.

Oh and Colts owner Bob Irsay Sr to the people of Baltimore late Jan 1984 ......”I have not any intentions of moving the goddamn team. If I did, I will tell you about it, but I'm staying here."

Two months before sneaking the team out in the middle of the night.

And the Ravens have two sbowls since after stealing Clevelands team, i dont cry for Baltimore.

I do genuinely feel sorry for Luck in all this though.

meanwhile in Minnesota.....

the Vikings have already interviewed Darrell Bevell (ex Seattle OC) and their own quarterbacks coach Kevin Stefanski for the position.

The holdup in selecting the OC also delays any decisions on which QB they'd like for the 2018 season and beyond. Free agency does start late this year but I would assume the Vikings would like to get the ball rolling on any of their own free agents (Keenum, Bridgewater, Bradford) if that is the way they want to go in 2018.

Last edited:
Can’t see why the Colts can’t come to some agreement with assistants to void the contracts and they stay with Josh at Pats. Seems the logical thing to do.

They wouldn't be staying at the Pats because they didn't come from the Pats.

Eberflus (DC) was Cowboys' LB coach.
Phair (DL coach) came from UIllinois.

They wouldn't be staying at the Pats because they didn't come from the Pats.

Eberflus (DC) was Cowboys' LB coach.
Phair (DL coach) came from UIllinois.

Ah!

Between the lines, Bill's last season as coach will be next year and McDaniels will take the reigns in 2019, but with Bill as GM (he currently holds both roles).

And the Ravens have two sbowls since after stealing Clevelands team, i dont cry for Baltimore.

I do genuinely feel sorry for Luck in all this though.

Just pointing out a big suck s**t to Irsays

Between the lines, Bill's last season as coach will be next year and McDaniels will take the reigns in 2019, but with Bill as GM (he currently holds both roles).

Dixie I reckon B.B. will step aside fully after next season and Nick Caserio will be appointed GM.

McDaniels and Caserio are very close Mates and I think the tag team pitch could have been floated to JMD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dixie I reckon B.B. will step aside fully after next season and Nick Caserio will be appointed GM.

McDaniels and Caserio are very close Mates and I think the tag team pitch could have been floated to JMD.

Makes even more sense now.

I could see Kraft gift a minority stake in the Patriots to Belichick as a farewell gift, while the new generation take over the management of the club.

I think going forward, whenever the new legislation can be written, that we'll see coaches being able to be hired for head coaching roles prior to their season ending. The NFL will not want to see another McDaniels situation in which a club gets a verbal agreement in place for over a week but has to wait up to 10 days to actually enforce the agreement in writing (which obviously never happened).

McDaniels has certainly not done himself any favours moving forward though.

It’s strange when you read that he drove to Foxboro to say goodbye on Tuesday but by the end of the day had decided to stay.

Did he s**t himself over ESPN report two days earlier that Luck may need surgery again?

And the fact he was apparently a close friend of Colts GM.

Surely Belichick told him he’s going just one more year

Any Colts fans out there wanna vent frustrations with me?

I feel so alone as an Aussie Colts fan.

This sucks, I don't care so much about Josh but we have basically no hope of signing a good HC now, especially if we're going to honour those contracts.

* I hope we fix the O-Line so at least we have Luck on the field, gotta have something go right sometime.

Feel for Colts fans in all of this.

McDaniels might want to wait untill BB retires but when BB and TB retire, then we will see how much the Patriots drop back.

Frank Reich or John DeFilippo get a shot at being a head coach straight after winning a Super Bowl?

Jack Del Rio returns to coaching after being sacked by the Raiders?

Rex Ryan returns to not kiss anyone's rings?

Frank Reich or John DeFilippo get a shot at being a head coach straight after winning a Super Bowl?

Oh please PLEASE let it be Rex Ryan for shits and giggles.

Rex to continue his unsuccessful quest to show the world how much he hates and is haunted by the Patriots and owned by B.B.

The more I think about it Rex and Irsay would make great drinking buddies bonus as well Rex can bring Rob along at a discounted price .
Picture it the three stooges Curly, Larry and Mo all out on a bender together.

I thought DeFillipo was heading to Minnesota.

Wonder what the Ole Chipper is up to

Back coaching college, aka where he should be.

Would be awesome to see John Harbaugh at Indy. Cant see it happening but would be great to see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back