Mega Thread 2018 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad Hardie floated this on 6PR and I was thinking along the same lines as seems plausible:

https://omny.fm/shows/perth-live/brad-hardie-200918

Effectively Neale to Brisbane for pick 4. Hogan to Freo for pick 4. May to Melbourne for pick 4.

I don’t think it will be that simple I think it might take pick 4 & 5 or a future first round for Melbourne to release Hogan and there will be a number of other picks going backwards & forwards to even up the deal. But potentially be this years Mega Deal!

Just horrible for us, Hogan would look terrible in our structure.

I'm fine in getting Lobb for the right price. Lobb is a forward who rucks and Darcy is a ruck who rests.

The ruck list management has been poor, I'd happily give Jones to the Eagles to create a spot for Strnadica.

It all seems to add up to some degree on a potential trade deal, but why would Hogan come to Freo at this point? The only thing I can think of is some serious $$ that he may not be able to get at Melbourne. But, Melbourne with that team they have built while being on the bottom the past 10 years or so looks like it will be challenging for a few years to come. Why would Hogan risk missing out on a potential premiership next year to go to Freo (zero premiership risk here). He seems to like Melbourne and doesn't seem like a home sick kind of guy. I just don't see him or Melbourne agreeing to it. But that's just me.

I think Melbourne have found a couple of tall marking targets and with Hogan's injury history - my worry is they would cash out and just encourage Hogan out the door. If we entertain 4 & 5* - I'm calling Chicken s**t Deliveries

First of all I doubt that we would seriously trade for Hogan until out of contract but if some dominoes fall into place you never know.

I genuinely believe Neale is still weighing up whether to stay or go. Brisbane put a good offer in front of him for five years. Then Freo pretty much matched and since missing out on Wallis sounds as though Brisbane have gone again.

I read yesterday Melbourne are making a decent enquiry about Steven May. Why would they do that with Hogan and Lever in shed.

They may entertain a trade if first of all Neale goes opening up good early picks for Freo and then that could open up opportunity for them to trump Collingwood who are in the box seat.

Myself I’d rather go to the draft and look at Hogan when out of contract. If we can get Lobb at a decent price due to his high GWS salary then all good. We will need to offload 1-2 rucks for mine as mentioned by me and others. Jones due to being so cumbersome would be at the top of my list.

Sandi is around more for coaching/mentoring support (like Hodge) but even then unlikely to be available for more than 8-11 games.

Thats what Lobb thinks but the games where Dawson Simpson played he did **** all
Not sure if his homesickness played a part. That might be a cop-out though. His presence up forward may have a kick-on effect for our tall forwards though and seep down to our smalls. His height and marking prowess must put defences under pressure, surely. I thought he was pretty good in the second half of his last game.He can be quite imposing when he shows a bit of determination. Hard to know exactly what we will get if he comes to us. All I know is, if it isn't us, then it's WC. I'm really sure we don't want that.

GWS looking to trade Jeremy Finlayson. I think free liked him back in the day

The 196cm defender didn't play at all in his first two seasons, before breaking through to debut in last year's round 15 draw with Geelong.

The silky left-footer played the opening nine rounds of this season and was particularly impressive in the Giants' first four games, when he averaged 22 possessions, six rebound 50s and five marks.

Finlayson was in and out of the senior side in the second half of 2018 after first-year defender Sam Taylor broke into the team, and did not play in either of the Giants' two finals.

However, his 14-game season was still extremely encouraging, while few players his height boast such elite foot skills. (sign him up)

Interesting

Nonetheless, the futures of Victorian midfielder Dylan Shiel and West Australian tall Rory Lobb remain clouded. It's understood neither player has requested a trade at this stage, but clubs in their respective home states – Shiel (primarily Hawthorn, Essendon, Carlton and St Kilda) and Lobb (Fremantle and West Coast) – are circling with intent.

First of all I doubt that we would seriously trade for Hogan until out of contract but if some dominoes fall into place you never know.

I genuinely believe Neale is still weighing up whether to stay or go. Brisbane put a good offer in front of him for five years. Then Freo pretty much matched and since missing out on Wallis sounds as though Brisbane have gone again.

I read yesterday Melbourne are making a decent enquiry about Steven May. Why would they do that with Hogan and Lever in shed.

They may entertain a trade if first of all Neale goes opening up good early picks for Freo and then that could open up opportunity for them to trump Collingwood who are in the box seat.

Myself I’d rather go to the draft and look at Hogan when out of contract. If we can get Lobb at a decent price due to his high GWS salary then all good. We will need to offload 1-2 rucks for mine as mentioned by me and others. Jones due to being so cumbersome would be at the top of my list.

Sandi is around more for coaching/mentoring support (like Hodge) but even then unlikely to be available for more than 8-11 games.

If Hogan is cleared fit regarding his foot injury he would be massive for us.
I know everyone sees him as a CHF, so do I, but this year he showed his versatility roaming all over the ground - forward to half back and through the middle.
He is the same height as P.Cripps and and great contested mark like Pav was.
Athletic beast and quick for his height.
IMO he would be a better hybrid forward (chf) rotation through the middle as he done with Melbourne this year.
Imagine Fyfe predominantly in the middle rotating with Hogan forward.....

Delicious.....

We have already been burnt before by bringing in players with injury history
..see Gumbleton and Bennell . It rarely pays off
Christ if we had just concentrated on developing our own forwards we would not be in this situation now
If the club brings in injury prone Conca and Hogan at the expense of fresh youth it could cripple the club for years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have already been burnt before by bringing in players with injury history
..see Gumbleton and Bennell . It rarely pays off
Christ if we had just concentrated on developing our own forwards we would not be in this situation now
If the club brings in injury prone Conca and Hogan at the expense of fresh youth it could cripple the club for years.

Since when has Hogan been "injury prone". He has played 71 games and is 22 years old. Gumbleton played 35 in his whole career. He is three years younger than Taberner, has played 9 more games but has kicked 90 more goals.

Finlayson looked good at the start of the year. Nice kick 196cm. Up for trade.

GWS need to free up cash, looks like there letting several players explore options and will only let the one go that can get them the best combo of cap relief and picks.

Lobb would give them good relief, but they are probably disappointed by what we are willing to pay.

Was thinking last year Hogan and Lobb but if we get one or both of them I agree it could be s step back and we would regret not getting what we can for pick 5 and 4 if Neale goes.
We need to have faith in developing forwards(excluding McCarthy) Taberner before his foot injury really looked like he was getting there and if he does Cox will improve with him. We need to give Apeness a good go this year also and im sure if he develops will be a Beast who can ruck also
Rozee and Rankine for me and some faith in our 3rd and 4th yr Midfielders coming through

Since when has Hogan been "injury prone". He has played 71 games and is 22 years old. Gumbleton played 35 in his whole career. He is three years younger than Taberner, has played 9 more games but has kicked 90 more goals.
He is 24 in Feb.
Taberner turned 25 in June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back